“Decent enough”
Review of Hilton San Jose

Hilton San Jose
Ranked #10 of 75 Hotels in San Jose
Reviewed March 5, 2014

The hotel was nice enough. Rooms were good (albeit they could use some updating). Only stayed 1 night, so didn't try too much of the hotel. Internet was slow (~1.5mbit) but worked. Executive lounge has a nice breakfast, and free drinks/coffee, which I can recommend.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Catherine H, Manager at Hilton San Jose, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2014

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of the Hilton San Jose. I’m very sorry to hear that we didn't meet all your expectations. We will be sure to keep your feedback in mind as we're always working to improve our overall guest experience. I thank you for your review and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Best Regards,

Hilton San Jose Team

Write a ReviewReviews (1,206)

Reviewed March 5, 2014

During SPIE (conference in the connected conference center) I have stayed in the Hilton hotel for 4 nights. Unfortunately, I cannot recommend this place because:

- Monday morning: Internet was not working, nobody helps me to fix this problem, so I had to call myself with the AT&T service (seems to be the WLAN provider of the hotel)
- The room had lot of dust on the floor (especially in the corners, under the bed, ...).
- The hotel is directly located in the airplane corridor
- According to mention these issues, the reception service does not apologize

The only good thing at this hotel is the neighborhood to the conference center!

Stefan

Stefan,

Thank you for sharing this quick feedback on your recent stay with us via TripAdvisor. We appreciate your honest input on our service and guestroom amenities and apologize our internet service did not work well during your visit. WE will keep your comments in mind as we constantly look for new ways to improve our guests' experience and we hope you will return to stay with us the next time you are in town for business or pleasure so we may better demonstrate our commitment to your comfort and satisfaction.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

I admit I'm a little late in writing this review, as my stay was the third weekend of January 2014, but some things did stand out.

This is a big convention hotel. It's connected by an interior passageway to the convention center, which is nice as you can leave your coat in your room when attending events. You can dine here, have a drink, chat with fellow travelers and never experience weather. Until it's time to go home, at least.

I liked the fast check-in and check-out. The front desk staff was friendly and efficient with every interaction. In fact, just about everyone I encountered that worked here was quite pleasant.

The only two hiccups were a lack of hot water for a couple hours on one of the mornings, so I had to forego a shower. They had it fixed within a few hours, but it would have been really nice to be clean for my meetings. The other hiccup was the seemingly-understaffed restaurant. It took forever to get another refill of my coffee and getting the attention of the harried staff resulted in waiting to get my bill. Maybe hiring extra food service staff during conventions would help?

All in all, there are some nice views from the rooms, which are clean and spacious. The bathrooms are nice and I really appreciated the comfy beds. Pretty much what I've come to expect from these big convention hotels, I suppose.

This is more of a complaint about San Jose, however: walking to the downtown restaurants and attractions is kind of a pain as the crosswalk lights seem to take forever to change. They are convenient to get to, but bring a little patience as you wait and wait and wait for the walk light to glow.

Room Tip: The western view is quite nice, with the mountains in the distance.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of the Hilton San Jose. I'm very sorry to hear that we didn't meet all your expectations.

Best Regards,

Reviewed March 3, 2014

I think the hotel is fairly unfriendly to sporting groups. We were notified at check in that club/concierge service was not offered on the weekends - a direct target at weekend groups. We had requested this service in advance and we're not notified of their policy. Windows in room were terribly dirty. There were problems w the elevators for 1/2 the weekend - fixed by hotel. Water bottle in fitness room sat empty for 2 days despite our notifying staff. Flags flying were old and torn. At checkout, I mentioned the problems. The grumpy clerk argued with me about the elevators but said she would credit us the 2 glasses of wine we put on the bill. Later, I was asked by email to fill out a review sent by Hilton (which I did). I received a pre-written form letter from the hotel with nothing specific to our stay. :-((

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Catherine H, Manager at Hilton San Jose, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2014

John,

Thank you for sharing this quick feedback on your recent stay with us via TripAdvisor. We appreciate your honest input and apologize you were disappointed in the service and amenities of our property. We will keep your comments in mind as we constantly look for new ways to improve our guests' experience and we hope you will return to stay with us the next time you are in town and let us know how we are doing.

Reviewed March 2, 2014

I've been staying in this specific Hilton hotel everytime I visit San Jose for the annual SPIE conference. I'm glad the hotel has completely removed the smoking rooms (although I'm a smoker) because the rooms and hallways smell better that way. I'm also glad the hotel decided on having internet connectivity for free. I only wish that the internet connections don't keep cutting off when I use my smartphone. Overall though, I'm really glad for the service. Keep it up and see you next year.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Catherine H, Manager at Hilton San Jose, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2014

Hello Julius,

We appreciate you taking the time to write a review of our hotel. We are ecstatic that you enjoyed your stay and that the event was a success.

We look forward to hosting your stay again with us soon!

Reviewed February 25, 2014

This hotel is beautiful and the room was amazing, the problem is there is no airport shuttle for the airport which is 5 minutes away so you have to pay for a $30 taxi ride. They do not have a microwave or mini bottles of alcohol and the bar prices are very expensive. There is no break on well drinks for happy hour. If you choose the green bonus of them not changing the sheets or giving new towels, they dont even come in and clean up the room, so its not really worth it because you cant use the $5 for drinks, only food in their bar. The pool is only open until 10 pm. The people and staff were excellent and the room service breakfast was good except dont ask for anything special like crispy toast because it will be ignored.

Hello Laurel,

We appreciate your feedback. We strive to make every guests' stay a pleasant one from check-in to departure through quality service and amenities. We will use your comments as part of our ongiong service training and hope you will give us another opportunity to show you the quality stay you deserve should you return to our area in the future.

Reviewed February 25, 2014

We really enjoyed our stay at this hotel. The staff was warm and welcoming, the food (at the bar and room service) was superb and the room was modern and nicely decorated. I was a little surprised that the hotel did not offer a shuttle from the airport, but I was greatly disappointed to find that there was a charge for Wi-Fi.

Hello,

Thank you for writing a review and your feedback is definitely appreciated. We hope to have you as one of our repeat guests.