“Right price for the area.”
Review of Hilton San Jose

Hilton San Jose
Ranked #10 of 75 Hotels in San Jose
Reviewed October 6, 2013

Stayed overnight for the Rock N Roll race. They upgraded me to the suite, without asking. It was a great spread, with a good view of the Valley. There was a wet bar, with a small fridge. Bathroom had two sinks and especially spacious. Great shower pressure and, with all Hilton properties, has the Peter Thomas Roth line made for Hilton. Only drawback was Internet access. My iPhone is with AT&T and automatically recognized the AT&T wireless network. Getting my iPad on the wireless was a different story: would be online for a few minutes, the drop, then get back on, then drop. It was a pain. Since it was a Saturday, the downstairs bar area is kind of quiet.

Parking lot is kind of a trek to/from check-in desk.

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade, if you can.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed October 4, 2013

The San Jose Hilton was everything you would expect. The staff was attentive and helpful, the rooms are clean well furnished, and quiet. Parking is easy in the attached conference center garage. There are a number of very good restaurants within walking distance. The property is pricey, but that goes for most hotels in San Jose.

Reviewed October 2, 2013

The rooms at Hilton were very modern and sleek. I love almost industrial feel to it. My room was really nice and I really liked the bathroom. The service was OK. The restaurant at the ground floor has good alfresco dining. This is very good location that connects to the convention center. Very convenient indeed.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 1, 2013

Limited service restaurant, bad breakfast food quality, well intentioned service with serious English language limitations. Overall, an very mediocre hotel with a good location next to the convention center.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

The hotel is located downtown San Jose surrounded by many restaurants to choose. It is also next door to the San Jose convention center. Parking is easy but at a cost of $22/day. The staff is very friendly and accomdating. the gym small but very useable and the breakfast buffet has many items to enjoy. Like many other downtowns, it is not easy to drive around and find parking.

Reviewed September 27, 2013

When I travel on business, the last thing I want is that the place I stay is too business like. This place is. I have no complaints over the amenities but, the people were not friendly enough. Apart from that, do bargain for the gym and breakfast to be included in the stay.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 26, 2013

staff really seemed to hustle, especially in restaurant and at front desk. Housekeeping was a little unenthusiastic I'd been given a 5pm checkout as a gold, however. They kept knocking on my door on checkout day, starting in the AM, asking me if I'm leaving. I checked in about 2:30 or 2:45, and although they have 3pm checkin time listed, "my room type isn't ready" they said. I was hoping they were readying some nice upgraded suite, but got a standard king, which was very nice, just nothing fancy. As a gold they gave me executive lounge privileges, which was a nice touch, since I wasn't on the executive floor. The lounge is closed on Saturdays and Sundays, and arriving on Sunday they made up for it by giving me a complimentary appetizer and 2 free drink chits for the hotel restaurant and bar. I used them the night I left, on my late checkout day, and the server was eager to please despite seeing I was using my coupon and not ordering much else. He made a good recommendation what to get and what NOT to get (it's pre-made, don't get it, get the quesadilla he said). I gave him a big tip as a result. The gym is on the small side but decently equipped. Comp ear bud headphones and chilled water and chilled towels, and you walk thru the gym to go outside to the pool (TINY TINY pool). I used the Jacuzzi nearby the pool, but the pool was heated, I just wanted to relax. There were plenty of plugs along the outside wall, and I needed to charge my devices, so I sat in the sun and charged up while getting in and out of the hot tub. The exec lounge was open all day, so I would slip up there to grab a couple bottles of diet coke here and there during my stay.
Front desk was very accommodating with a 5pm late checkout for no charge. I will say their "sundry shop" is like a tiny closet of a few snacks and that's about it. About as much selection as a large vending machine. There are restaurants nearby, but I'm really not sure how far you'd need to walk to find a drug store or small variety store. Mostly I kept to the convention center and some nearby restaurants and bars. Felt very safe walking around at night It's a very clean city. Great GREAT views from the exec lounge windows for sunrise and at twilight, seeing the sun coming up behind the mountain in the AM and the twinkling lights on the foothills once the sun had gone down. Food up there was very average, however (in the lounge). Breakfast was decent (better than evening snacks).
SUPER comfortable bed and good shampoo/soap etc. Sometimes the ones they give you in hotels really smell bad, but this was fine (I'm a guy). Décor was modern and simple. I liked it.

Room Tip: I was in 815, heard elevator noise all the time thru ventilation system, even though elevators were...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo