“Clean, comfortable, and perfect for the convention center”
Review of Hilton San Jose

Hilton San Jose
Ranked #10 of 75 Hotels in San Jose
Reviewed March 12, 2013

When you're on the road a lot, sometimes all you want is a room that is clean, comfortable, and cozy. This Hilton is updated and modern without being stuffy or cold, and it was exactly what I was hoping for when I booked a four-night stay.

Check-in went without a hitch and they graciously extended my status upgrade to a colleague (booked on the same reservation) so he could enjoy the executive level amenities, as well. The beds are supremely comfortable and the rooms are well-appointed without being cluttered. I especially loved the modern (comfy!) chair and ottoman, a nice option for relaxing at the end of a long day of conferences.

Room service was speedy and friendly, and the service in the executive lounge on the 18th floor was some of the best I've ever received. I was a bit disappointed that they charge for alcohol in this lounge - it's the first time I've experienced that at a Hilton property. The options in the lounge for breakfast and evening appetizers are above-average and there are plenty of choices no matter what your preference. Desserts are good, too!

The location is convenient to the convention center, as well. It took me less than five minutes to get to my conference each day - which made heading back to my room to recharge during lunch easy, as well.

All in all, this was an excellent stay. I'd not hesitate to recommend this property to anyone or to book it again myself.

Room Tip: The Executive Floor on 18 is lovely. It's quiet, the view is great and the elevators are fast en...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Catherine H, Director of Sales at Hilton San Jose, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2013

Hello Annalise,

Thank you for your awesome review and thank you for your recommendation. We truly appreciate it. We look forward to hosting your stay again at the Hilton San Jose!

Reviewed March 8, 2013

I had an excellent stay at this hotel.
The location is quite convenient for restaurants and going to other places,
especially if you're here on business.
I had no problems with the room and had a perfect nights sleep.
Enjoyed eating breakfast in the Executive Lounge - for HH members only.
Nothing to complain about.
I did not eat at the restaurant, so cannot remark about the food.

Dear ILoveToRoam,

We're delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for writing a review about the Hilton San Jose. We hope to see you again in the future!

Catherine

Reviewed March 8, 2013

I booked this Hilton after positive experience (reviewed here) about 6 months ago. I'm happy to find out that they retained high level of service and rooms are still well maintained. The rooms are modernly decorated, spacious and convenient and so is the bath room. Good sleep quality and relaxing room.

I had light dinner and beer and it was good. They have breakfast buffet, which is good although I would recommend adding more bread and pastry choices.

The staff is helpful and friendly. Upon arrival there was an event and all parking in the area was sold out. The staff reserved parking spaces for people like me who were checking-in late at night.

The location is great. Close to main highway and choice of restaurants within short walk.

Room Tip: From the high floor you get to see some urban view.

Hello Ron,

We are so happy that you stayed with us again. Thank you for writing a review. We hope to have you as one of our repeat guests.

Reviewed March 7, 2013

The staff are attentive, friendly, and professional. Even during the busy convention activity everything worked. Rooms were very comfortable, spacious, with great bedding and well-appointed bathroom. The business desk has a connection panel to make an easy job of connecting the video and audio from your tablet or laptop to the large LCD TV in the room.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Hello Roger,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Regards,

Reviewed March 7, 2013

I'd had some somewhat poor experiences staying at Hiltons in the past, and so wasn't expecting much when I booked my stay for a week while in San Jose for work. I must say, however, that I was more than pleasantly surprised and the quality of accommodations and service that I enjoyed while during my stay. Check-in was quick and uneventful, and the staff was friendly and professional and gave some good recommendations for attractions and dining in the area.

The room was the best of any Hilton I have stayed at, and it was modern while practical as well. It was quite a contrast to the sometimes motel-like room that I've stayed in at other Hilton hotels.

The exercise room was somewhat small but never crowded when I went there, and had modern and clean equipment with bottled water and fruit as a nice touch. The one complaint I had was that the ventilation (or lack of it) made the top of the room much hotter than below so when using the equipment it seemed like there was a layer of air at the top that was hotter than everywhere else. I never used the outside pool but it was rather small and probably not what you'd be looking for if you wanted to go splash around with kids.

The on-site restaurant was great, I ate there for dinner a few times and enjoyed their deserts and rack of lamb that was cooked perfectly. The breakfast buffet was nothing great and would have been over-priced if I had to pay for it, however the breakfast staff was some of the best I've encountered. They knew my name by the second day and were very friendly in welcoming me from then on. This hotel is a winner because of their staff if nothing else.

Overall my stay exceeded my expectations because of the quality of the room but even more so by the quality of the staff. I would recommend this hotel for any business travel in San Jose but would be hesitant to come here with kids and family unless I could afford one of their suites.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Dear Pieperjm,

We are so thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Hilton San Jose. Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We look forward to hosting your stay again in the future.

Reviewed March 1, 2013

I found the entire hotel staff to be warm and welcoming all made better by the friendliness and excellent training of front desk personnel.
The rooms are well decorated and pleasant and I enjoyed the statuary and artwork in the public areas.
I'd like to make special note of the sales and catering staff and particularly the responsiveness of catering in seeing that all our needs were met. The food is well prepared and tasteful.
Kudos to Robyn, Mike, Omar, Virginia, Guillermo and front desk, Mike and Nick. Plus thanks to the people who helped whose names I either don't know or can't remember but you know who you are!

Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Catherine H, Director of Sales at Hilton San Jose, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2013

Dear Stargzn6,

We are so delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for taking the time to write a review of the Hilton San Jose. We strive to ensure that we provide excellent customer service and that we make your stay memorable.

We look forward to having you again at our hotel.

Reviewed February 28, 2013

The look and feel of this hotel is definitely worth the value.If you are wanting a fancy bathroom, then the shower/tub design may disappoint. I stayed in a double room with a large desk that had my laptop. I ordered a seafood linguini dish at 10:30pm upon arriving as the kitchen is open until midnight - the food was served within 20 minutes and was warm and deliscious for a very reasonable price ($14.95).

I would stay again. Recommended for business travellors.

JWM

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Dear Jimmyfromthepeg,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about the Hilton San Jose. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to having you with us again in the future.