“Great stay for the second time”
Review of Hilton San Jose

Hilton San Jose
Ranked #10 of 75 Hotels in San Jose
Tel Aviv, Israel
“Great stay for the second time”
Reviewed March 8, 2013

I booked this Hilton after positive experience (reviewed here) about 6 months ago. I'm happy to find out that they retained high level of service and rooms are still well maintained. The rooms are modernly decorated, spacious and convenient and so is the bath room. Good sleep quality and relaxing room.

I had light dinner and beer and it was good. They have breakfast buffet, which is good although I would recommend adding more bread and pastry choices.

The staff is helpful and friendly. Upon arrival there was an event and all parking in the area was sold out. The staff reserved parking spaces for people like me who were checking-in late at night.

The location is great. Close to main highway and choice of restaurants within short walk.

Room Tip: From the high floor you get to see some urban view.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Catherine H, Director of Sales at Hilton San Jose, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Hello Ron,

We are so happy that you stayed with us again. Thank you for writing a review. We hope to have you as one of our repeat guests.

Hilton San Jose Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
  • Korean first
Bloomington, Indiana
Reviewed March 7, 2013

The staff are attentive, friendly, and professional. Even during the busy convention activity everything worked. Rooms were very comfortable, spacious, with great bedding and well-appointed bathroom. The business desk has a connection panel to make an easy job of connecting the video and audio from your tablet or laptop to the large LCD TV in the room.

Hello Roger,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Regards,
Sacramento, California
Reviewed March 7, 2013

I'd had some somewhat poor experiences staying at Hiltons in the past, and so wasn't expecting much when I booked my stay for a week while in San Jose for work. I must say, however, that I was more than pleasantly surprised and the quality of accommodations and service that I enjoyed while during my stay. Check-in was quick and uneventful, and the staff was friendly and professional and gave some good recommendations for attractions and dining in the area.

The room was the best of any Hilton I have stayed at, and it was modern while practical as well. It was quite a contrast to the sometimes motel-like room that I've stayed in at other Hilton hotels.

The exercise room was somewhat small but never crowded when I went there, and had modern and clean equipment with bottled water and fruit as a nice touch. The one complaint I had was that the ventilation (or lack of it) made the top of the room much hotter than below so when using the equipment it seemed like there was a layer of air at the top that was hotter than everywhere else. I never used the outside pool but it was rather small and probably not what you'd be looking for if you wanted to go splash around with kids.

The on-site restaurant was great, I ate there for dinner a few times and enjoyed their deserts and rack of lamb that was cooked perfectly. The breakfast buffet was nothing great and would have been over-priced if I had to pay for it, however the breakfast staff was some of the best I've encountered. They knew my name by the second day and were very friendly in welcoming me from then on. This hotel is a winner because of their staff if nothing else.

Overall my stay exceeded my expectations because of the quality of the room but even more so by the quality of the staff. I would recommend this hotel for any business travel in San Jose but would be hesitant to come here with kids and family unless I could afford one of their suites.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear Pieperjm,

We are so thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Hilton San Jose. Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We look forward to hosting your stay again in the future.

San Diego, California
Reviewed March 1, 2013

I found the entire hotel staff to be warm and welcoming all made better by the friendliness and excellent training of front desk personnel.
The rooms are well decorated and pleasant and I enjoyed the statuary and artwork in the public areas.
I'd like to make special note of the sales and catering staff and particularly the responsiveness of catering in seeing that all our needs were met. The food is well prepared and tasteful.
Kudos to Robyn, Mike, Omar, Virginia, Guillermo and front desk, Mike and Nick. Plus thanks to the people who helped whose names I either don't know or can't remember but you know who you are!

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Catherine H, Director of Sales at Hilton San Jose, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Dear Stargzn6,

We are so delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for taking the time to write a review of the Hilton San Jose. We strive to ensure that we provide excellent customer service and that we make your stay memorable.

We look forward to having you again at our hotel.

Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed February 28, 2013

The look and feel of this hotel is definitely worth the value.If you are wanting a fancy bathroom, then the shower/tub design may disappoint. I stayed in a double room with a large desk that had my laptop. I ordered a seafood linguini dish at 10:30pm upon arriving as the kitchen is open until midnight - the food was served within 20 minutes and was warm and deliscious for a very reasonable price ($14.95).

I would stay again. Recommended for business travellors.

JWM

Dear Jimmyfromthepeg,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about the Hilton San Jose. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to having you with us again in the future.

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed February 26, 2013

My friend and I recently went to San Jose to see Pink and stayed at this hotel since it is close to the HP Pavillion. We didn't realize how busy the hotel was going to be.. turned out there was a volleyball tournament held at the convention center which is connected to the San Jose Hilton. I was pleasantly surprised with a hotel being super packed that the staff was still so eager to help everyone and nothing or noone went unnoticed. The San Jose Hilton is a wonderful hotel. The staff is super friendly; everything from the rooms to the service to the concierge to the housekeepers are AWESOME! This will be the hotel I stay at whenever I go to San Jose.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Jodi R,

We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate that time you took to share your thoughts. The task of delivering the best product and service to each guest that chooses to stay with us is one which our entire team takes very seriously.

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed February 26, 2013

This hotel must be one of the nicest Hilton remodels I have seen without question. Great modern aesthetic with functional elements like a sitting area that you can actually use, and a comfortable desk and desk chair. I experienced generally good service and since this is mostly a convention hotel, you don't expect luxury resort amenities. The advertised pool isn't much to speak of, really, just a dipping pool. But the remainder of the facilities are nice and clean. I'd certainly happily stay here again.

The one downside is the food service is still pretty standard Hilton fare - the restaurant isn't anything amazing. There are better options nearby for lunch/dinner.

Hello,

Hello,

We hope that we can host your stay again when you are in San Jose in the future. Our hospitable team members are here to make you feel at home. We welcome any suggestions on how we can make your stay more memorable.