“Visiting Family & Friends in CA”

Residence Inn San Jose South
Ranked #27 of 75 Hotels in San Jose
Reviewed July 3, 2014

We are here for 7 days and so far (day 4) everything is great. We travel with our 2 small Yorkies (5 lbs. & 2 lbs.) so 'pet friendly' is very important and our goal. This has been a wonderful experience - plenty of area to walk the dogs. Breakfast choices have been delightful and there has been an evening spread which we've also enjoyed. Our Suite is very spacious, kitchen has everything we need, room is clean and bright. We will definitely return.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Residence Inn S, General Manager at Residence Inn San Jose South, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2014

Good day Marianne,

Thank You very much for choosing our Hotel as your home away from home. I am glad to hear that everything has worked out for you and the rest of your Family. I understand what traveling with pets is all about and we always want to make sure that they are as comfortable as we are and that they as well get to enjoy their travels I am delighted to hear that everything has worked out great and that all of you have had a chance to enjoy all the amenities we have to offer and our surrounding areas. Once again thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you in your future travel to our area

408-226-7676 EXT.606

Reviewed July 2, 2014

We stayed here for one night and found the hotel very good to excellent. We regularly stay at Res Inns all over California and this was a very good property. The checking in was quick and the room was sparkling clean with all the things usually found in this type of Marriott property. It was very quiet and the entries from the outside and parking areas were convenient with elevators near to entry ways.

The breakfast buffet was standard Residence Inn and quite good on this day with ample food available. The quality of the offerings was very good and enough to give one a good start for the day. The internet in our room worked surprisingly fast, maybe because our room was right behind the gate house, perhaps.

I will definitely return here if I ever have a reason to visit in the South San Jose area again.

Room Tip: Find a room facing the gatehouse. Maybe this would improve your internet wi-fi.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple

Good day,
First of I wanted to thank you for choosing our Hotel for your recent travels and I am glad to hear that everything went well for you and that you enjoyed all of our amenities we had to offer. Also thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us and we hope to see you again on your future travels. If there is anything I can assist you with please feel free to contact me.

Reviewed June 8, 2014

Was here for one night for business, very fast.

The Good:
- The room looks new
- The room very clean
- right off the high way

This is the first time after years of Marriott rewards member (silver) that I got a welcome bag. With just simple bottle of water and snack. Nothing major but a very nice touch.

I would stay here again if I am in the area.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Residence Inn S, General Manager at Residence Inn San Jose South, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2014

Good day,
First of I want to thank you for taking the time and writing a review about your recent trip to our Hotel. I am glad to hear that the room was to your liking and met all your needs. Also as part of our Marriott Rewards Family we like to make sure our guest feel welcomed and excited to hear that the small gift that we presented you at your arrival, like you said nothing big but did make a huge impression on to you was also to your liking. We hope to see you on your next visit to the area.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

I travel to San Jose often for business. We have many (more expensive) hotels on our approved list, but I always choose this one.

All the rooms have been renovated in the past year and they all have kitchenettes equipped with fridge, stove-top, microwave, and coffee maker (They replace the coffee each day.) Useful since there is a supermarket across the street, so if you just want something quick, you don't have to go to a restaurant. Beds are very comfortable, TVs are new, rooms are large.

The main feature is the staff. I am always greeted by name when I go there and always with a big smile. Last year, I mentioned it was my birthday and when I got back I was greeted with a special surprise.

If you are there for work they operate a shuttle to all the nearby companies, (but you need to let them know in advance.) So you can actually make due without a car. They will even drive you to the train station that brings you directly into downtown San Jose.

Although I rate this property a big FIVE, I must agree with DA8026 about the Internet. For simple emailing it is just about adequate, but it is abysmal. Residence Inn, PLEASE do something about it. It can be quite frustrating.

Still, everything else seems to make up for it.

Room Tip: You might want to ask for a room on the second or third floor. The ground floor rooms either look on...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Residence Inn S, General Manager at Residence Inn San Jose South, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2014

Good day Tom,
Thank You very much for taking the time and writing a comment in regards to your recent stay with us and our property. I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay her with us and that my staff has gone above and beyond to always make you feel welcomed and that all the services that we offer work for you. I am sorry to hear that you had internet issues during your stay here, but wanted to thank you for bringing this up to our attention. We are actually looking into our internet and increasing our bandwidth so hopefully on your next visit this matter will be taken care of. Once again thank you for choosing to stay with us and if there is anything I can assist you with please feel free to contact me

Reviewed May 22, 2014

This stay was really disappointing. There are three significant problems with this hotel which will cause me to avoid it moving forward.

Firstly, the air conditioning in my room was pumped out near the ceiling right over the bed. I tried and tried to adjust the register so that it didn't blow right down on my sleeping without any luck. I got very little sleep every night it was on.

The internet was extremely slow to the point of being unusable. 0.3Mbps to be specific. What was amazing is that this is the terrible data rate I got AFTER paying for the faster service. I called down to the front desk asking them to reset the router. The front desk guy stated that he was unable to do this but that it would be looked at in the morning. This was no help.

Finally, my business was in North San Jose. I learned the hard way that it takes an hour to drive to or from the hotel during rush hour.

Room Tip: Be sure to bring earmuffs and warm pajamas!
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank DA8026

Good day DA8026<
First of I wanted to thank you for taking the time and writing a review about your recent stay here with us. Also thank you for informing us of the issue's you encountered here during your stay, this is the only way we can improve and meet or exceed our Guest expectations. I am so sorry to hear that your stay here with us was not a pleasant one and that you had to deal with so many issues and inconveniences. I know that after a day of long travel or work the only thing one wants to do is get some rest and a good night's sleep and unfortunately you were not able to do that her and for that I am truly sorry. I know an apology is way overdue and can only do so much, but if you could contact me so we can discuss this matter further so you can give me the chance to rectify this issue I would be grateful. Once again I due apologize for the huge inconvenience you encountered during your stay here with us.

Sanjosesouthgm@ih-corp.com

Reviewed May 19, 2014

I stayed here for a night last year and it was a pleasant stay overall. I chose this property against my regular choices as they were fully booked and this was closest to my place of work. The property is definitely an excellent choice for people preferring long term stay as the rooms have have a kitchenette that comes fully equipped. The property has pleasant staff and there is a big super market right opposite to the property. There are quiet a few dining places within walking distance from this property. However the breakfast spread while good was a bit skeletal. The choices were minimal. Next time am in the area, this would be my choice should I prefer to stay long term.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Residence Inn S, Manager at Residence Inn San Jose South, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2014

Dear The_Blackbird-SR71, Thank you so much for your kind review! You are right! We are indeed geared towards long term stays with fully equipped kitchens and the extra room to relax and enjoy. I am thrilled that you found our rooms, location and our staff to be pleasant. I will address your comment about our breakfast and assure we make necessary changes to improve.

We look forward to welcoming you back when you are in San Jose!

Charmie Ruffy
Assistant General Manager

Reviewed February 10, 2014 via mobile

This is a very modern, well kept property. Spotless, comfortable, safe area. We were very pleased and I would highly recommend. Our 2 room sweet allowed us privacy, but we could still b together. Perfect when traveling with others! Price also reasonable & breakfast and happy hour meal and wine was perfect!

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
Residence Inn S, General Manager at Residence Inn San Jose South, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2014

Hello Sharon-Sam-99,
What a wonderful review! I really appreciate your feedback and am very happy to hear that you were able to take advantage of our offered amenities with breakfast and our social hour.

See you soon and safe travels!

Aubrey Prophet

#3 of 75 in San Jose
Hampton Inn & Suites San Jose
Residence Inn San Jose South/Morgan Hill
SpringHill Suites San Jose Airport

Been to Residence Inn San Jose South? Share your experiences!