“Pleasant Stay”

Residence Inn San Jose South
Ranked #26 of 75 Hotels in San Jose
Reviewed May 19, 2014

I stayed here for a night last year and it was a pleasant stay overall. I chose this property against my regular choices as they were fully booked and this was closest to my place of work. The property is definitely an excellent choice for people preferring long term stay as the rooms have have a kitchenette that comes fully equipped. The property has pleasant staff and there is a big super market right opposite to the property. There are quiet a few dining places within walking distance from this property. However the breakfast spread while good was a bit skeletal. The choices were minimal. Next time am in the area, this would be my choice should I prefer to stay long term.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Residence Inn S, Manager at Residence Inn San Jose South, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2014

Dear The_Blackbird-SR71, Thank you so much for your kind review! You are right! We are indeed geared towards long term stays with fully equipped kitchens and the extra room to relax and enjoy. I am thrilled that you found our rooms, location and our staff to be pleasant. I will address your comment about our breakfast and assure we make necessary changes to improve.

We look forward to welcoming you back when you are in San Jose!

Charmie Ruffy
Assistant General Manager

Reviewed February 10, 2014 via mobile

This is a very modern, well kept property. Spotless, comfortable, safe area. We were very pleased and I would highly recommend. Our 2 room sweet allowed us privacy, but we could still b together. Perfect when traveling with others! Price also reasonable & breakfast and happy hour meal and wine was perfect!

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
Residence Inn S, General Manager at Residence Inn San Jose South, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2014

Hello Sharon-Sam-99,
What a wonderful review! I really appreciate your feedback and am very happy to hear that you were able to take advantage of our offered amenities with breakfast and our social hour.

See you soon and safe travels!

Reviewed December 27, 2013

My mom and I traveled to San Jose for a family visit. This location was perfect because the family lives in South San Jose. The one bedroom suite had plenty of space and the amenities of home. Each of the staff members we met at the front desk were professional and friendly. We stayed for two nights and enjoyed the generous breakfast offered each morning. We felt safe, comfortable, and definitely will return to this location during our family visits.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Residence Inn S, General Manager at Residence Inn San Jose South, responded to this reviewResponded December 31, 2013

Hello SonrisaSacramento,

It's a great feeling to read such a great review from you! I will share your comments with the rest of the staff and let them know how much their customer service meant to you and your mother and we will continue to see you on your family visits to San Jose. Happy New Years.

Reviewed December 26, 2013

Customer service was great for this hotel. Very warm welcome at registration. We were each given water bottles with granola bars from the front desk. Our room was very clean and had just been renovated. The sofa mattress still had the original packaging on it! I would have given it 5 stars if the breakfast had been better. Basically it wasn't edible. Aside from breakfast it was a great hotel.

Room Tip: We asked for a quiet room and we were on the north side of the hotel facing the pool.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Hello Hotel_Princess09

Thank you for your nice review of our hotel. I am very pleased that you were so happy with our customer service and the location of your room. Your comments about our breakfast will be addressed with our staff and I can assure we will do anything in our power to get this up to your expectations. We hope to be able to host you the next time you are in San Jose!

Cheers

Reviewed October 27, 2013

My wife and I were amazed when we walked into the queen double booked for a 2 night stay to attend a convention. Our thinking was a typical residence inn suite -- beds, kitchen, refrig etc. Walked into the room to 2 separate bedrooms with a sitting room. Staff was pleasant. Room was comfortable and quiet event though the hotel was full so [parking on a late return was a little tight. Access was good (close to the 101 and 85 junction but several blocks away so no road noise. Breakfast is a hot buffet plus cold items. Evening happy hour was relaxing with a selection of a few hot and cold items. Baked potato was satisfying. Am a Marriott "elite traveler" member and have stayed in many Marriott location and both my wife and i would select this venue in the area anytime.

Room Tip: Our room faced the side parking area and was exceptionally quiet given the full parking lot.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Residence Inn S, General Manager at Residence Inn San Jose South, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2013

Hello Edward P,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of our property. I am thrilled that you and your wife enjoyed the layout of our two bedroom suite! It is definitely spacious and has just what you need for a short or long term stay. I do hope the convention you were here visiting went well and that we will see you the next time your travels bring you to San Jose!

Safe Travels,

Reviewed October 26, 2013

My husband and I stayed here overnight to just get some alone time and our room was excellent. Like a small one bedroom apartment with a mini kitchen. There's no stove, but there is an apartment sized refrigerator, two burner stove, full size dishwasher and microwave. Basic utensils and dishes are also provided. Both the living area and bedroom have flat screen tvs, very easy to hook up to your laptop if you bring a HDMI cable. The living area had a nice sized sectional that you could tell converted to a bed, though we didn't use the bed, so I can't say how comfortable it would be, but as a couch it was very comfortable. It has a small two person dining table, and a large very functional desk. The bedroom has a queen bed that was firm, but comfortable, with plenty of pillows. Attached to the full bath with vanity area and bathtub, that isn't super deep, but you can still get a decent bath in it. There was some noise from the rooms around us, but not too bad. The front desk was friendly and we were able to park our car fairly near our room. The hotel is across the street from a Lucky's supermarket and Staples. There are several options for food nearby including a Jack in the Box across the parking lot. We paid $150/night and felt it was a good value overall. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Hello Katepig,
We greatly appreciate such a positive review and are greatful to hear about the wonderful stay you had and that you are pleased with our rooms and staff! We hope we are able to host you for your next "getaway".

Reviewed October 16, 2013

The room was clean, the staff was very nice, the convenience was nice, the breakfast was great and I could probably say some other nice stuff, but one thing was really bad!!! If you go to this hotel and are assigned to room #116, refuse it! There is an electrical room right behind the bedroom that hums incredibly loudly, right behind the headboard. It is so loud that you can actually feel it. I don't know why they even offer this room. What makes me mad is that we got there just after noon, so they could have put us in a quiet room. The front desk girl was very nice in the morning and gave us a credit, plus points, but she made it clear that they knew that room was a problem. I called them as soon as I heard the noise, at around 10:45 pm, but the young man at the front desk said they were sold out and they had nowhere to move us. I was forced to sleep on the sofa in the other room. Overall, we liked the room, but that room needs to be taken out of the normal rotation. We noticed that the room is set up for the hearing impaired and that is an appropriate use of it. I choose hotels for their comfort, and this one failed on this occasion. If not for this issue, we would have given the hotel 4 stars. So, in reality, this review is only for this room, not for the whole hotel.

Room Tip: Avoid room #116 like the plague.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Paul K
Residence Inn S, General Manager at Residence Inn San Jose South, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2013

Hello Paul K,
I appreciate your review and feedback of our hotel and your specific room. I am terribly sorry about the nights rest, or lack of, that you received during your stay with us. I'm glad our front desk associate was able to handle this issue the next morning as far as reimbursement. The room is next to the elevator room and after inspecting this situation we did become aware of an issue in our maintenance room that was causing the noise. I can assure you that this issue has now been fixed and again sincerely apologize that this was such an inconvenience for you. We do hope that you will come back and stay with us the next time you are in San Jose and feel free to reach out when you are so I can make it a priority to ensure that you are 100% satisfied with your next stay!

Safe Travels,