All reviews light rail room was clean rewards member silicon valley an older property few issues close to the airport great customer service night's sleep shuttle service would stay here again enjoyed my stay upon check convenient location convention center seminar desk
Selected filters
Reviewed April 8, 2019 via mobile

Holiday Inn saved my stay in San Jose. I was fleeing from the previous bad hotel, you know, the one next door , and sort of desperate, when I stumbled upon the Holiday Inn’s doors. I was greeted with a polite, friendly, helpful, intelligent front desk clerk named Robert, who warmly welcomed me into these friendly doors. My sister and I had flown from Hawaii to take care of my ailing dad at Santa Clara Valley Medical Center. We were exhausted and frustrated , and had finally found comfort at the Holiday Inn . The room was clean, the staff was friendly , helpful and polite. We had clean beds, and hot water showers , and enjoyed the view .I ordered room service, and to my delight, they came promptly, were friendly and helpful , and the food was delicious. If it wasn’t for the Holiday Inn , in Silicon Valley, on First Street, I probably wouldn’t have been properly rested for taking care of my Dad. So I thank you, for giving me comfort and peace, and a place to unwind from the day’s events.

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
robert m, Manager at Holiday Inn San Jose - Silicon Valley, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2019

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. It's something our staff takes great pride in, so we value your feedback.

Reviewed March 23, 2019 via mobile

Over the last years, I stayed in several hotels in the San Jose area. This time it was the Holiday Inn, a quite expensive place to stay. Compared to other hotels in that area it is quite expensive and remarkably, breakfast was not included in the room rate.
The room was quite spacious but also quite dusty and dirty. Numerous parts of the furniture were damaged or just had marks of heavy usage. At least the bed was clean.
The gym was a little under equipped for the size of this hotel.
Overall, there are hotels close by that deliver a better package for the money.

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Traveled on business
robert m, Manager at Holiday Inn San Jose - Silicon Valley, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2019

Hello,

We appreciate your candid review, time and score given. We understand you can choose any hotel of your choice and we thank you for staying with us. I understand if paying a high price for a hotel, there are some expectations. We're sorry if you felt the price didn't fit the room rate, breakfast, and room quality.

Our rates due vary during the week or during any special events happening in San Jose. Which is why our rates fluctuate from one week to the other. I can suggest the best time to stay with us is during our weekends. We drop our prices for our weekenders, and families enjoying their vacation with their families. Hopefully you can enjoy a nice weekend with us.

If you don't mind, could you reach out and let us know which room you had stayed in. I would like to inform our team about the furniture's condition in the room, and marks of heavy usage. We hope you can consider us again in the near future. If so please do not hesitate to contact me the front office manager (Robert).

Reviewed January 27, 2019

I was in town for the College Football Playoff Championships and used some free nights to spend the weekend.

Upon arrival I was told that I'd be upgraded to an Executive Suite as a rewards club member. Note: I joined the rewards club one year ago. I usually would book at hotel that had a low price and good location. I earned 3 free nights staying about 15-16 nights, plus some nice freebie snacks & bottled water at certain locations. The rep at the front desk, Lizette, was very nice and helpful.

My suite was huge, close to double the size of a standard room. The room included a king bed,a funky shaped love seat sized lounger at the foot of the bed, a 2 person pie shaped seat with a table in a corner, standard desk, dresser, and 6' wet bar. The bed was super comfortable. The bathroom was good sized and the entire suite was very clean.

There is also a restaurant, bar, and little store with snacks & drinks. You can eat in the bar as well, it seats about 30. The food was good as I ate onsite twice. Ali, the bartender, was very personable.

There is a large parking lot with security, but there is a charge of about $13 a night. This hotel is located on North 1st Street and has a light rail station right across the street. I bought a rail pass to travel to the convention center and Chavez Plaza.

Date of stay: January 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
HolidayInnSanJose, Owner at Holiday Inn San Jose - Silicon Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Loyal customers deserve the royal treatment! I'm thrilled you could enjoy being upgraded to our executive suite. It's a pretty incredible room! Beyond the suite though, it's fantastic that your service was just as impressive. I'll let Lizette and Ali know how much you appreciated their help. If you're ever back in town, we'd love to have you here again.

Robert M.

Reviewed January 22, 2019

There is a $13 parking fee charge upon check out.
The parking fee was disclosed to guest in advanced through Hotel.com
Location is hard to find from freeway.
Bed is fullsize for double bed room.
But cleanliness is acceptable.

Date of stay: January 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
RobertM12144, Manager at Holiday Inn San Jose - Silicon Valley, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2019

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed our bedding and cleanliness.

Please accept our apologies about the parking fee upon check out. I will reconvene with my team to announce the parking fee upon checking-in. We hope on your next stay to San Jose, you would choose us.

Have a wonderful day.

Robert Marin
FOM

Reviewed January 18, 2019 via mobile

Wow if you value your back consider another choice. Additionally there is no free anything - parking most notably, there is a fee. Crazy part is the lobby has a few of San Jose finest homeless in the lobby.

Date of stay: December 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Lostinroute
RobertM12144, Manager at Holiday Inn San Jose - Silicon Valley, responded to this reviewResponded January 19, 2019

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback. We understand and apologize for the inconvenience of our bed. All the mattresses at our hotel were replaced last year in 2018. Could you please let us know the room number you had stayed in. I would like to inspect the mattress, so our future guests do not experience the same lumpy bed.

We only hope you can consider staying with us again, apart from the bedding and homeless in our area. We make it up by providing excellent service, and cleanliness of our rooms. We hope you have a great weekend.

Robert Marin