“Good value in downtown San Jose”

Loft Bar and Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Loft Bar and Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #243 of 2,169 Restaurants in San Jose
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: San Fernando
Transit: Lightrail runs in front of Loft, exit at Santa Clara Station on 1st St. or 2nd St.
Dallas, TX
“Good value in downtown San Jose”
Reviewed February 21, 2014

Went there recently with a colleague for dinner. The menu is limited but featured some interesting selections. I had roast pork tenderloin in a tasty glaze with garlic mashed potatoes and a variety of vegetables. The pork was tender and juicy, the potatoes were also good as were the vegetables. I did not have an appetizer, salad or dessert. There is a full bar and an outdoor patio on the second floor. It was closed for a private affair that night. There is an upstairs and downstairs section of the restaurant/ bar.

Service was friendly and prompt and prices were reasonable.

• Visited February 2014

Nevada City, California
“Great Dinner in Downtown SJ”
Reviewed February 11, 2014

A group of girflriends(6) after a Cirque Du Soleil performance and dinner at The Loft = a perfect evening! The food was amazing with so many choices for both the meat eaters and vegetarians in our group. Drinks, the atmosphere,and service were impeccable. We ALL claimed we shall return!

• Visited February 2014
Sacramento, California
“Great happy hour”
Reviewed October 30, 2013

We went there after a conference at the community center. It was a short distance away and it offered great happy hour prices. I had a chinese salad and beer.

Visited October 2013
San Jose, California
“Good food”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I got a gift card from Costco for this restaurant so, I thought I would try it out. I had the chicken marsala and it was absolutely delicious (perfection). My bf had the Filet Mignon and it also was tender and came with avery nice tasting sauce (also perfection). The vegtables were cooked to perfection. The only thing I would say could use improvement was the mashed potatoes. They were a little dry and needed more flavor. Not enough to keep me away thought. :) The Creme brulee was ok. It could have been sweeter being a dessert. The texture was completely there but just not sweet enough for me. I had a mixed drink and it was created just as it should have been not weak and not too strong, enough to keep me happy. I also had a wedge salad and this was also ok. The waitress we had was very nice but became scarce at times. She could have been more attentive. We will come again as the main course was delicious. It is hard to please me with a steak as I have had some really good cuts of meat and I will definately come back to order the filet.

• Visited July 2013
Westminster, Colorado
“Spectacular dinner”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Great location, wonderful food (and a very varied menu), with a bar downstairs and dining room plus patio seating area upstairs, this place has it all. Very nicely surprised by the quality of the food. Service was excellent too. Also had a little jazz trio playing in the bar.

Visited June 2013