“Really bad!!”

Motel 6 San Jose Convention Center
Ranked #55 of 75 Hotels in San Jose
“Really bad!!”
Reviewed November 13, 2013 via mobile

We have been travelling around for the past two weeks! We have stayed in LA,Anaheim,Lancaster, carson city, and Sacramento! All of the accommodation has been clean, comfortable and reasonably priced! Last night we had the most costly accommodation so far $109! The price would have been fine however we have never stayed in such a horrible place! The sheets were stained and dirty, we had 2 towels for 4 people, there were no tissues, face washers etc! The worst thing of all was the other clients!! Up all night smoking and partying!! I will not stay anywhere again without checking trip advisor!! Read the other comments!!

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank 4taco
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 San Jose Convention Center, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
Dear 4taco,
Thank you for sharing your review. We apologize for the unpleasant stay you had as a result of the cleanliness issues you experienced. These conditions are not consistent with Motel 6 standards for quality, and we encourage you to contact our Guest Relations Department so they can have a record of your experience to help us provide our guests with better service in the future: 1-800-577-3435.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Gilbert, Arizona
Reviewed August 14, 2013

First of all, let me comment on this "modern" look. Motel 6 has stripped down amenities to the point where it is ludicrous. There are no bureaus, no closets; nowhere to hang clothes except for two small pegs attached to the wall with 4 hangers. There is no coffee maker, no hairdryer, the ac didn't work, the towels are threadbare, and no alarm clock for wake-up. The rooms were smokey and the clientele looked like convicts, prostitutes and pimps. We were kept awake all night by loud music & people partying into the wee hours of the morning. What was worse is that we locked up two expensive bikes and they were stolen. The day clerk, Mayra, was helpful and saw that our money got refunded, but based on this experience we will never stay at a Motel 6 again. The "modern" rooms are just cheesy.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these San Jose hotels

Reviewed August 8, 2013

My husband I stayed here last night 8/7/13. There was a smell of pot all around us as we got out of the car, no biggie. We check in and the clerk was helpful. Get to our room and our smoke detector is covered up with a plastic bag... Different, we notify the front desk and they say maintenance must have done it. I ask if it can still detect smoke and the kid says he will call. It is 7:25 the next day and I'm still waiting. Go to take a shower and there is no hot water, call the front desk, different guy tells me to leave it on 10-12 minutes, well 20 minutes later still no hot water. Call again, he says he will call me back. Going on 920 now, we are tired! Never called back, I call down and he says he will send someone up. 10:15 no one has come my husband checks the water for the 100th time and it was hot, so I called down to let him know and he hangs up on me! Already wrote to corporate and I advise everyone to stay out of this shady place. I have never written a poor review but I seriously needed to warn everyone.

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank Barrelracer85
Sacramento, California
Reviewed August 1, 2013

The beds were comfortable. The a/c didn't work, we had 2 sets of tiny towels for 4 people. We could get more towels. And we were fortunate that the weather wasn't so hot that the a/c not working was much of a problem. There was a small frige and microwave. Nice TV. And electrical outlets everywhere! There was hand soap and plastic cups. There was not tissue, shampoo, conditioner or hair dryer. The location was nice - close to coffee places and a little restaurant that had great breakfast burritos.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Las Vegas,NV
Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

If you are expecting a regular Motel 6 room, you are in for a surprise. The accommodations are actually pretty nice. A flat screen tv, nice beds, hardwood floors and a bath tub. I loved the room. But, the bed was uncomfortable. The bed was hard. The hardwood floor was slippery from the wax when wet from shower and one day I couldn't get hot water. There also was just a thin sheet on bed and no warmer beds available. I am always cold at night and a warmer blanket would have made a better experience. The front desk girl didn't seem to care too much about what I had to say. Overall, I feel I paid too much for an uncomfortable bed. Wouldn't recommend.

• Stayed July 2013
West Covina, California
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I thought I knew what to expect from a Motel 6, but I was so thrilled upon entering the room. The room was so clean, spacious and very comfortable. I stayed a week and was treated so nicely from both the front desk and all house maids. The service from my house maid so was nice and made sure I didn't go without anything. As for the location, its perfect. Just a few blocks from the beautiful downtown area.

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank Tomgirl_12
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Stayed here Easter weekend for four nights. Accomodation is above average for Motel 6 standards plus they have just begun renovating rooms. Rooms were quite large, beds comfy and bathrooms clean. They have thrown in cheap granite in an attempt to upcale but its still a M6 bathroom.

Other reviews commented on the neighbourhood being sketchy, but it is fine. Only incident was a few police cars one night but it was quiet the whole.

If you are going to HP Pavilion, it is an easy ten minute walk. Lots of restaurant and coffee shops within walking dstance. Crema Coffee on the Alameda was awesome as was Rosie's.

Easy access to all freeways.

Would say here again on our next road trip.

Room Tip: Choose the upper floor if you can manage stairs.