“Renovated”

Ranked #57 of 75 Hotels in San Jose
Sacramento, California
“Renovated”
Reviewed August 1, 2013

The beds were comfortable. The a/c didn't work, we had 2 sets of tiny towels for 4 people. We could get more towels. And we were fortunate that the weather wasn't so hot that the a/c not working was much of a problem. There was a small frige and microwave. Nice TV. And electrical outlets everywhere! There was hand soap and plastic cups. There was not tissue, shampoo, conditioner or hair dryer. The location was nice - close to coffee places and a little restaurant that had great breakfast burritos.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Las Vegas,NV
Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

If you are expecting a regular Motel 6 room, you are in for a surprise. The accommodations are actually pretty nice. A flat screen tv, nice beds, hardwood floors and a bath tub. I loved the room. But, the bed was uncomfortable. The bed was hard. The hardwood floor was slippery from the wax when wet from shower and one day I couldn't get hot water. There also was just a thin sheet on bed and no warmer beds available. I am always cold at night and a warmer blanket would have made a better experience. The front desk girl didn't seem to care too much about what I had to say. Overall, I feel I paid too much for an uncomfortable bed. Wouldn't recommend.

• Stayed July 2013
West Covina, California
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I thought I knew what to expect from a Motel 6, but I was so thrilled upon entering the room. The room was so clean, spacious and very comfortable. I stayed a week and was treated so nicely from both the front desk and all house maids. The service from my house maid so was nice and made sure I didn't go without anything. As for the location, its perfect. Just a few blocks from the beautiful downtown area.

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank Tomgirl_12
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Stayed here Easter weekend for four nights. Accomodation is above average for Motel 6 standards plus they have just begun renovating rooms. Rooms were quite large, beds comfy and bathrooms clean. They have thrown in cheap granite in an attempt to upcale but its still a M6 bathroom.

Other reviews commented on the neighbourhood being sketchy, but it is fine. Only incident was a few police cars one night but it was quiet the whole.

If you are going to HP Pavilion, it is an easy ten minute walk. Lots of restaurant and coffee shops within walking dstance. Crema Coffee on the Alameda was awesome as was Rosie's.

Easy access to all freeways.

Would say here again on our next road trip.

Room Tip: Choose the upper floor if you can manage stairs.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Whitecapsfan
california
Reviewed November 19, 2012

I stayed here while I was attending a volleyball tournament at the convention center, and expected to pay much more as most of the hotels in the area were either sold out or were too expensive to consider. I was delighted to find this affordable yet clean motel still available at a reasonable rate! I did not observe any criminal element or prostitution going on at the motel as others have written about, and I had a nice, quiet, comfortable room and felt completely safe. The lighting was good, the bed comfortable, and hotel staff very friendly and knowledgeable.
It is withing walking distance to the HP Pavillion, and just a short 5-10 minute drive to the convention center. I will be back, and already have my room reserved here for the California kick-off volleyball tournament next January!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the second floor near the center of the motel to be away from the street noise, an...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank firedog13814
California
Reviewed October 14, 2012

I was late getting a room and needed to be within walking distance of the HP Pavilion. I was leery of Motel 6 in a downtown area, but it was the only place with available rooms, 1/2 mile to the Pavilion. I was very pleased. The price was very doable. The room was clean and modern. The female office staff and the housekeepers were friendly and helpful. I had asked for an upstairs room to avoid the noise of overhead rooms. But the check in clerk advised me I'd be better off downstairs. I was a little concerned because I'm a light sleeper, but she was exactly right. I couldn't believe that when I woke up in the morning, the parking lot was mostly empty and I managed to sleep right through people leaving. Also nice is that just a few doors down there is an excellent family owned bakery, and farther down, a Starbucks, a Subway, and across the street, a good pizza place. My experience there makes me wish I needed to go back soon. Everything in the room worked as it was meant to. Very, very pleasantly surprised. Kudos to the management and staff. I left a nice tip and went into the lobby before I left to thank them. They also let me leave my car there while attended the last event at the Pavilion, saving me another $20 parking fee. Yay!

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper, rely on the clerks, especially the females. I went in several times to a...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
4 Thank Jeneane56
Corvallis
Reviewed April 26, 2012

Last stayed here in April 2009. This time it was better-- the room was larger and quieter. If I have any complaints they would be few and minor: the lack of travel-sized shampoo bottles; the sink's faucets were backwards--cold was hot, and hot was cold. Water pressure was very strong, but towels were very skimpy. You'll need more than the two supplied.

But hey, this was a very inexpensive and clean room, with a kingsized bed (with a selection of 2 puffy pillows and one flat one), chair, table/desk, and a tub and toilet in a separate area which was well ventilated. There was also a fridge, microwave, free wifi, and a tv. This particular room was #203, so it was fairly close to the street, but even so there was not too much traffic noise. I know we had neighbors because the place was sold out, but we didn't hear a sound. Great walking distance to the Pavillion--about a half-mile, and very well-lit at night. Great used bookstore across the street.

Bring your own alarm clock if you need one.

We would definitely stay here again if we need to come for another concert. Easy access from the highway, and easy to get back on the highway also.

Room Tip: Ask for a room close to the manager's office; it made a big difference as far as the noise level...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple