Tripadvisor
San Jose
2,797 results
All reviews president's club lobby lounge main building valet parking beautiful hotel mini bar room service rooftop pool convention center per day business trip silicon valley conference downtown minibar bellman event
Selected filters
Reviewed January 14, 2020

We have stayed at this Fairmont many times, and did so again last weekend while attending the Sharks' game (VERY convenient!). The lobby is being upgraded, and it is a bit of controlled chaos. The lobby is now a maze that leads from the entry-front door all along the walled off inside to the rear where a temporary reception desk is set up. It is a long walk but doable - the worst part is that it is set up like a wind tunnel, both for guests AND for the staff. FREEZING! The staff were all terrific, Stefani and Mari at reception were professional, welcoming, and did everything they could to make our stay enjoyable. We will be back soon!

Reviewed January 11, 2020

Be advised... This facility is currently under construction. The staff has not been properly trained or coordinated to adequately assist guests. Service and regard for customers is suddenly at an unacceptable level. The place is in crisis mode. Reactive posture.

Our check in process was poorly choreographed by what staff was available. It was my wife's birthday -- i didn't react well. We were never informed that the building's main area would be completely closed. The signs were misleading. Construction workers were working overhead without any safety measures to inform or restrict access.

The room was spacious but when we turned on the water we got dark material dislodged by water hammer and air blew out all over. The air-conditioning would not cool the room. We opened windows to loud outdoor sound, mechanical buzzing, vehicle traffic and screeching muscle cars.

I'd recommend the Fairmont corporation shut this property down until the construction is complete. Otherwise, adequate resources should be put in place to save their reputation from such embarrassment.

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed January 4, 2020 via mobile

Made my annual trip to San Jose to see my team play the Sharks. I've now stayed at almost all of the downtown hotels and can say that I like the Fairmont the best.

My standard king room was huge, the bed comfortable, all appliances worked. Hotel lobby is under construction at time of writing but this was of no consequence as my room was very quiet.

My only gripe with this property is the lack of free wifi without having to sign up through some program that I don't remember the name of. In Silicon Valley, this is sacrilege! No matter, it was a small annoyance.

Will stay here again and will look forward to seeing the new lobby next time.

P.s., the hotel is an easy walk to the SAP Center. Hoards of people will be making their way to and from the other downtown hotels to the arena, so feel safe walking 10 minutes instead of cabing it.

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed January 4, 2020 via mobile

Service and breakfast were very good.
The location is ideal for Christmas in the Park. Renovations were underway so things were very different since my last time there.
I missed the welcoming lobby and did not enjoy walking thru stark areas. Christmas decorations were weak. The price was fair but it was an average stay. Hopefully after the renovations the warmth and charm will return at not a high price tag. Also we were not told about the renovations when
Making the reservation.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 3, 2020 via mobile

So the lobby was still under construction. So not much to see there. We reserved a king size bed but when we got to the room it was a queen and had to convince the staff person that the bed was not a king. We got our room changed and got a $50 credit for food at the hotel restaurant.

The best part of the hotel is the nice size of the room. Now the bathroom while also spacious had the smallest very old looking standing shower. Weird. The bed and bedding were super comfy and the room was clean. The water in the bathroom sink had no pressure at all.

Went to the gym to use the wet steam and dry sauna. Both worked fine but needed an update. Could not use any of the lockers because they were all locked for “members use.” Also there was a leak on the ceiling at the gym. The gym was just a dark place to work out. No windows.

The food and service at the hotel restaurant Fountain were good. The surrounding area has a bunch of other places to eat as well. Also because it was xmas time there was this wonderland Xmas themed park right across the street which looked nice for little kids. But you can hear the music and noise probably until midnight every night.

Overall it was fine for a few days but not a place that I would return.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple