“Nice Place/Nice Price”

Fairmont San Jose
Ranked #7 of 75 Hotels in San Jose
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed January 27, 2013

This place is awesome. Five star Hotel all the way. The staff was very helpful and knowledgable. Great location, it really is close to everything in San Jose. Best yet I got this for $110 a night through hotwire.com. Don't pay rack rate if you can help it. Please click helpful.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor. The views are worth while.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank TunaSlayer
FairmontSanJose, Director of Sales at Fairmont San Jose, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2013

Good Afternoon,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We love to hear positive comments about our staff. We can't wait to welcome you back!

Director, Sales and Marketing

Write a ReviewReviews (2,356)

Reviewed January 26, 2013 via mobile

Everything was brand new. Felt like I was in an upscale full service city condo not a hotel, the room was so large. Has great gym and pool too. So walkable, I didn't need my car for shopping and dining. Service was outstanding too. Be sure to check out the nearby Contemporary Arts museum, but check hours first.

• Stayed: August 2012

Good Afternoon,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I am so glad to hear you had an excellent time in San Jose. We look forward to welcoming you back!

Director, Sales and Marketing

Reviewed January 23, 2013

My daughter and I just got back from a Volleyball Tournament and stayed at this hotel. We thought it was beautiful and we stayed on a floor that hadn't been remodeled yet. I loved the comfortable beds and good water pressure, the staff was very friendly and the weekend price was well worth it. Last year we were down the street at the Ramada and it can't compare to the luxury of the Fairmont.
There was a bit of a problem in the beginning with my key working but we got that resolved. However, do not order a Bloody Mary in the lobby bar, worst one I have ever had and it was $12.50! The food I ordered there took over 45 minutes and wasn't that good...so, stay here and eat and drink elsewhere!

Room Tip: I was told the remodeled rooms were floor 9 and above, we stayed on floor 7 and had the older elegan...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
FairmontSanJose, Director of Sales at Fairmont San Jose, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2013

Good Afternoon,

First, I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your review. While I am very pleased to hear you enjoyed your guest room, and the quick service in the valet, I am disappointed to hear that your food and beverage service was lacking. Your experience does not live up to our standards. I would like to speak with you regarding your experience in further detail.

Please feel free to reach out to me at your convenience.

Director of Sales and Marketing
marshall.jones@fairmont.com

Reviewed January 23, 2013

My son goes to Santa Clara University, the Fairmont San Jose is my hotel of choice when visiting him. It is located downtown so walking around is fun and easy. The hotel is very, very nice. The service is excellent, the rooms clean and quiet. I love the big lobby bar. Great place to stay!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Jackson_WYJackson
Reviewed January 23, 2013

My stay at the Fairmont Hotel was very nice. The entry and lobby are quite beautiful and my room was large and comfortable BUT I felt they really skimped on some things. The bathroom was done in really mediocre finishes, I don't think there was a robe, no complimentary bottled water. Also, the restaurant breakfast was just "eh". Overall it was a nice place and I liked the location. Valet service was extremely prompt and the staff was friendly....just lacking those little extras that make a hotel luxurious.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Stayed here for New Years Eve. They had quite a party in the lobby, but despite the madness, the staff had everyting under control. The room was very clean, but just average. Booked this through Expedia and felt like we got a lower floor older room as a result.

The location here is great for downtown San Jose. Parking is a little steep at about $26.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 18, 2013

The Fairmont San Jose continues to be one of the nicest hotels in a downtown with a cluster of 4 star hotels around the square. The reception desk is at the back of a big lobby now populated with meeting areas, bars, and restaurants. Check in was reasonably quick and friendly, though the room type I requested and was assured I got, was exactly the opposite, so she probably misunderstood me (I like a room far from the elevator because all of you talk too much when walking down the corridor). The Fairmont, has an adjacent lesser building, I call a convention wing, which is reached across an alley; my room was in this South Tower.

The room was large, clean, with two comfortable queen size beds, lots of pillows, good desk space, a big flat screen TV with lots of channels; it was not 5 star elegant but about what you would expect of an upscale hotel. The bathroom was also nice with a tub, separate shower, lots of towels (though I did not find a floor towel), and a good selection of bottled amenities (shampoo, body wash, and lotion, missing only the conditioner). There was coffee service in the bathroom and free internet available.

Overnight parking is $26 in the hotel. Within 3 blocks there are two city parking structures that advertise $5 flat fee, but that is only if you are out by 6AM so be prepared to be tricked with a much higher rate. If you are a walker, you can go between SJC airport and the hotel via a link- bus to the street car (light rail) which stops near the hotel. You can also connect to SFO airport via BART and Caltrans in a little over 90 minutes (check the schedule on google maps). To minimize car cost during your stay, you can rent a car Enterprise which is about a 5 block walk from the hotel.

If you get a good rate, you will like this hotel even if you are in the convention wing; I recommend it.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business