Fairmont San Jose
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
San Jose Marriott(San Jose)
  • Breakfast included
Hotel De Anza(San Jose)
  • Room Service
2,453 results
All reviewsthe grillpresident's clublobby loungemain buildingvalet parkingbeautiful hotelart museummini barroom servicerooftop poolconvention centerfree internetbusiness triprooms are largesilicon valleyconferencedowntown
Reviewed February 17, 2012

I am a native San Jose gal so this was my first time staying at the Fairmont. My sister and I had a double/double room in the main building (supposedly other towers are more expensive because they are remodeled, or something to that affect). I wasn't going to pay an extra $30 just for brand new and I'm glad I didn't.

Pulled into valet/check in and only had time to check in before leaving again so the valet kindly let me park for 10 minutes. Check in was easy. Love love love the room. Bathroom, huge! Beds, comfy! Tons of space throughout the room.
Everything even looked new so I wasn't feeling left out. There is a huge closet in the vanity area, which is separate from the actual bathroom, which is also separate from the toilet. Brilliant. Now we can all get ready and not bump into each other.

Dislike $26 valet parking. Not sure where else you would park though.
Dislike the bar in the main building closes at midnight. You can still sit in the round seating around but no drinks or food. Boo. You can however go to the store and buy alcohol to drink in that area..so we did! (huge wedding party not ready for bed yet).

Check out was a breeze, they send you an email and you can check out from there. Oh yeah, and free Wifi.

Great location for downtown SJ. Walking distance to tons of restaurants.

Definitely coming back here if the price is right!

Room Tip: I always suggest a high floor, located away from vending machines and elevators!
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Lisa S
Reviewed February 16, 2012

It was all I thought it would be, but the price is a bit much. When you are paying that much for a room there should be no problems and no issues. Had to wait a bit to check in and that is sometimes okay, but when you don't get an extra half hour for a late check out, it leaves a bad taste in you mouth and your pocket book.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Dan R
Reviewed February 13, 2012

Though the hotel is large, there are areas seemingly small by design that offer the sense of coziness away from crowds in the area. A bright breakfast/lunch hotel restaurant, The Fountain, awaits you. Rooms are spacious enough with a separate dressing area so that you can have guests into your room and not feel they are in your private space. Next door/across a side lane is one of the best bakeries I've seen in CA - Bijan Bakery. Be it early AM necessities or late afternoon tea or ice ceam cone, your satisfaction is there! The gym is laid out so you do not feel it is so large; no need to bring your own tv earphones.Within walking distance are a couplenice museums and...ta da!.. a tech museum. Plan time for it!!

Room Tip: AS always just ask to be slightly...away from the elevators.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed February 12, 2012

This is the best place to stay in San Jose. The service is great and the rooms are very comfortable. The rooms are much larger than the Marriott or the Saint Claire with a comfortable work space. The bathrooms are also very spacious with a great shower. The lobby bar is a great place to unwind at the end of the day with good food and lots of cocktail options. The only drawbacks are the high prices and the small gym (couldn't get on a cardio machine at 6am).

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed February 11, 2012

Rooms - I have stayed at this hotel several times and have never been blown away. If you get stuck in a room that hasn't been renovated you are not getting you money's worth - dingy with peeling wallpaper. The updated rooms do however look nice - marble bath, nice furniture, comfy bed and linens.

Cleanliness - I'm surprised by the level of cleanliness at this hotel - not up to what I would expect at a Fairmont or other 4 star hotel. The last two times I've stayed I found stray hairs in the tub. This time, I also found what looked like a pubic hair in my bed - yuck! I understand its impossible rid the room of all traces of the previous guest but this just seems sloppy.

Parking - My company picks up the tab, but I can't help but feel I'm getting ripped off at $26 / day. This is San Jose not San Francisco.

Front Desk Staff - is absolutely useless. They will tell you they will do something, then not do it and won't follow up with a call to tell you they've been unable to assist. This has happened on almost all of my interactions with various members of the staff. If you don't see them input something into the computer - do not trust that they will follow through with it!

This most recent trip, the front desk granted me a late checkout the night before, for 2pm the next day. However at 12:30pm the manager came knocking on my door (quite loudly), asking why I hadn't checked out yet. I explained to him that I was granted a late checkout the day before, obviously it that information had not made it on his list. He was less than apologetic.

Also, two trips ago, I couldn't find my President's Club membership number, asked the front desk to look it up and add it to my reservation, which they assured me they would do. I had a nagging suspicion that they didn't do it, so this most recent trip I asked them to write it down for me and add it to the reservation. When I went to login to my account online (with assistance from Fairmont customer service), I found they gave me the number of a completely different person. I worked with them to get the correct number, but when I checked my account I found they had never credited me for the previous stay (as requested), or previous stays before that. When I went back to the front desk to have them update the presidents club number for my current reservation, I found that they had never input the false number they gave me upon checkin. I asked them to input the new one, gave them the number, and they assured me they would. The next day upon checkout, I asked them to confirm that my president's club number was on the reservation - IT WASN'T!! Seriously?! I had to ask them three times to do a simple task, fingers crossed that she actually did it this time.

Their "Presidents Club" is pretty weak when you compare to other hotel loyalty programs - and on top of it they seem determined to make it impossible for you to get any benefit from it!! No wonder this is usually the only place in the area I can get a last minute reservation at.

On a brighter note, the lobby area is quite nice - love the piano bar in the center

Room Tip: ask for a room that's been renovated, and away from the elevators
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
FairmontSanJose, Public Relations Manager at Fairmont San Jose, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2012

First, I would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us at The Fairmont San Jose! I know that you always have a choice between hotels and we are pleased that you have chosen ours. Your business truly is important to us. I wanted to personally respond and follow up with you after I received your review. I would like to assure you that we take all comments and concerns from our guests very seriously and yours is no exception.
I would love to discuss your experience in further detail. Please don't hesitate to contact me at your earliest convenience.

Joanne Tan