“Great Place”

Staybridge Suites San Jose
Ranked #21 of 75 Hotels in San Jose
Reviewed January 4, 2014

First time staying at any Staybridge Suites hotel and I couldn't have picked a better hotel. The location was quite and not on a busy street. The staff was very polite and friendly. The room, we got upgraded to 2 bedrooms and it was amazing. Everything was nice and clean and comfortable. The breakfast was great and plentiful. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
GMSJCJO, General Manager at Staybridge Suites San Jose, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2014

Hello pamseattle,

Thank you for such a wonderful review. Our whole team was thrilled to read your complimentary words and to share in your positive feedback. Please be so kind as to stop by and say “hi” upon your next visit to our hotel.

Reviewed November 23, 2013

This is a perfect hotel for longer stay. They have nice friendly staffs, clean spacious rooms. Clean toilets. They have shuttles to go nearby shoppings malls. Decent breakfast and dinner also available 3 days. I am not sure about the price vs value because I didn't pay. They could improve their service with room service food. They have some ordering options but that can not consider as room service. This is the only thing I was missing.

Room Tip: Please double check their credit card charging policy because I found their credit card charging pol...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Hi MNSalehin,

Thank you so much for your recent stay here in San Jose. The review is also welcome feed back. We will work on compiling more options for restaurants that will deliver to your room. Also, your photography is quite nice.

Reviewed November 15, 2013

This was my first stay at this hotel. It is awesome. Very tastefully decorated and the best place we have stayed at in San Jose. The breakfast is great and better than other chains. Room was large and very clean. I will definitely choose this hotel again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

Hello ArdyceS,

We are so pleased you thought our hotel was “awesome”. The recent renovations have given us a fresh new look that is appealing and getting a lot of positive feedback. Your thoughts about our service and breakfast are welcome and will go far to encourage our team to continue work hard at delivering exceptional service. Please stop by and say “hi” on your next visit.

Reviewed October 30, 2013

Stayed for 2 weeks on a business trip. On the plus side, the room was clean, comfortable, reasonably spacious, and the surrounding property reasonably quiet. The free breakfast was better than I expected for an extended stay hotel. The pool seemed nice (although I didn't use it myself). The kitchen was most mostly stocked with needed things. On the negative side, the kitchen did have some issues. For example, the frying pan was quiet bent, meaning you could only could cook in the center 2". I asked for a replacement, but was never able to get one. Also, there was nothing in the kitchen to scrub dirty pots and pans. Another negative was that the laundry room seemed a bit small compared to the number of rooms. People were waiting for washers and dryers to open up. It's probably better to do laundry earlier in the day and avoid the evening rush. Overall, the I would consider staying here again if I had another 2 week visit.

Room Tip: Backside, away from the Bay101 casino.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Hello ReluctantTraveler31,

Thank you so very much for this review. We are all pleased that you took time to share your thoughts and that you plan to return to stay with us upon your next visit. There is no excuse for not having a simple request like a replacement fry pan to be fulfilled. I will investigate the issue. Also, each room should be supplied with a brush for scrubbing the dishes. I will look in to that as well. Please be so kind as to reach out to me prior to your next visit as I would be very pleased to meet you in person.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

We arrived on Saturday after after a long drive. Opening the door to our room we were pleasantly surprised to find a very clean and spacious room. Everything was immaculate. Full kitchen with everything you need to have a great stay. The price was reasonable. We even received a call a bit after we checked in to see if there was anything we needed. The only thing I could say that needed a little attention was the complimentary breakfast. The area was a tad bit small and crowded so we decided to eat in our room. We will be coming back :)

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Hello Michelle Y,

Our whole team is pleased to hear about your good experience here in San Jose. I am sorry to hear that the breakfast area was overcrowded and hope it wasn’t a big inconvenience. Given your expertise in reviewing we are honored to have you decide we are worth a return trip upon your next visit to the area. If I can be of any assistance please feel free to contact me via email I included below.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

I'm currently on business in the bay area, and this place is comparable, probably even better than the Residence Inn (Marriott). The rooms are extremely comfortable and cozy. They have a hot breakfast in the morning which is key and dinner Tuesday-Thursday. The staff is very friendly and accommodating, and the parking is free. There's a 24 hour fitness next door, who gave me a complimentary pass to work out for a week.

If you're looking for your own little apt (if on extended travel), this is a great place. Minutes away from SJC and very close to the 101.

Internet may be spotty at times, but otherwise, I highly recommend.

Room Tip: There's not too much traffic around, so noise is not a problem.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Hi Alisen J,

Wow! What a great compliment. Your comments are highly appreciated, especially coming from someone like you with such a strong record in reviewing. We are working very closely with our internet provider to keep our service at a level which will prove useful to our guest. We are all excited to have you back here soon.

Reviewed October 16, 2013

This place is wonderful. The beds are comfortable, the suites are spacious, beautiful, quiet, and well appointed, the "neighborhood" not creepy. My family of 5 fits fine. If you are eating out, eat at Sonoma Chicken Coop - weird name but it is great! I have stayed here for both business and leisure.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank hike4diamonds

Hi hike4diamonds,

We are so glad to hear you like it here with us in San Jose. As the area grows we are getting better eateries closer to us and Sonoma Chicken Coop is one of the good ones not doubt. It’s also nice that you can bring your doggie bag to the room and keep it in the full size refrigerator to enjoy later. Just pick up a bottle of wine or a beer from our Pantry and charge it to your room. Those Sealy Mattresses are very comfy as is the sofa and chairs in the living room. I hope your travels will bring you back here soon.