As I entered the I was greeted by a receptionist who told me they did not have room for me and that I had been moved to another hotel. She then quickly disappeared. Another receptionist gave me a room but the paperwork had the wrong address. I knew this was going to be a bad start. This is advertised as an airport hotel with a shuttle going to the airport every 30 minutes. However, they drive people to work, restaurants, etc, and it is first come first served for the shuttle. The shuttle service is not available for early morning flights so you have to call a taxi. The manager on duty is confused about a lot of things and could not help me figure out what time I needed to leave for the airport.
My room was on the second floor with stairs and I was travelling alone with heavy bags. My suite was very nice with a queen sized bed, a flat screen TV in my bedroom and in the living room. There is a full sized kitchen. The bedroom and bathroom are small. There was a hair on my pillow. Otherwise everything seemed clean.
The kitchen had everything needed for a long term stay, including a dishwasher.
The living room was quite comfortable with a flat screen tv. The bedroom was on the small side with a flat screen tv. The bed was very comfortable. The bathroom was clean and very small. The water pressure in the shower was good.
When it came time to leave, I was told if i called, someone would be available momentarily to help me with my luggage. When i called to the reception, they told me they would have to find someone to help me and it might take 5-10 minutes. I was prepared to drag my luggage down the steps when the man showed up just in time.
It is important to note, that this is not considered a regular hotel. the bed is not made daily, the rooms are not cleaned daily, etc. I had thought this was a hotel.
I was told from others traveling with me that the breakfast was good.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Staybridge Suites San Jose is an all suite property an ideal place to Get Comfortable whether it be for Training, Corporate Travel, or Leisure Travel. Staybridge Suites is perfect for your next extended stay and a great alternative to a corporate apartment or temporary housing. Each suite has a fully equipped kitchen, a separate living room and large desk with free high speed internet access. Complimentary daily breakfast buffet is provided and a Sundowner reception Tuesday Thursday evenings. Located in the heart of Silicon Valley only 1 miles from San Jose Airport and just 4 miles from downtown San Jose, HP Pavilion, home of the San Jose Sharks! Close to Paramount s Great America (Package Available), Winchester Mystery House, Raging Waters, and San Jose State University and Santa Clara University.We are a pet friendly hotel, and conveniently located to 101 and 880 Freeways. We are within 30 miles to Santa Cruz Beach and Boardwalk, Bonfonte Gardens and the Gilroy Outlets.We are located close to many top Silicon Valley companies such as Cisco, IBM, eBay, Hitachi, and Adobe Systems. Whatever the reason for your travel is, we would love for you to join our Priority Club and stay with us while in San Jose. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, IHG, Hotwire, Priceline and HotelQuickly so you can book your Staybridge Suites San Jose reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Staybridge Suites San Jose Hotel San Jose
- San Jose Staybridge Suites