“Horrible place” 1 of 5 stars

Staybridge Suites San Jose
Ranked #21 of 76 Hotels in San Jose
“Horrible place”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

I stayed here for two weeks. The people next to us would throw a party almost every night, had to call front desk 3 times on them. The construction goes from 8:30 am until 8:30 at night sometimes(and I mean jackhammers and saws 10 feet from my room)...last thing someone wants to listen to when they have been at work all day. Theres no place to get away from the noise so one can do conference calls so I had to sit in a grocery store parking lot in my car for hours just to do my work(huge inconvenience & so much for the conference rooms they provide. They were useless.) When they had to redo the laundry room, they said it would take two days. It took 5 days. Then they put the old washers/dryers back in. They apparently do not clean them well because I had to clean peoples pubic hairs and drywall crumbs from inside the washers and dryers(and it was really built up). My clothes have never been dirtier than after using their washers and dryers.

• Stayed January 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites San Jose, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Dear SJtripper,

Thank you so much for your candid review of our hotel. We are very sorry to read that you experienced inconvenience because of the renovations. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to be the best hotel around and I am pleased to inform you that the renovations will be completed by March of this year.

Janice A
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Seal Beach, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I stayed here 2 nights last week and really enjoyed the room. Its in a nice location with a 24 hour fitness super sport literally in the parking lot. I wasnt too pleased with was the renovation, it was noisy and inconvienient but I understand it needs to be done. I just want to wait to come back after its all finished. I also have to say that the staff was VERY nice and accomodating. The complimentary breakfast and evening appetizers are wonderful. I will definitely stay here again. The only reason I didnt giveit a 5 is becuase the room doors are outside facing, being a woman who travels alone this bothered me a little but overall I felt safe and comfortable.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Kathyhb4
GMSJCJO, General Manager at Staybridge Suites San Jose, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
Hi Karhyhb4,

Thank you so much for your review. As you said in January of last year the renovations were quite noisy and disruptive. We are now completely done with the renovations and would like to invite you back to visit us again soon. Please visit our website or call us directly.

Regards,

Charles.julien@ihg.com
San Francisco
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

Extremely disappointed with this hotel’s(Staybridge 1602 Crane Court, San Jose, CA 95112) OVERTLY discriminatory practices. As a practicing attorney, I rarely use that word, understating possible defenses for an accuser’s actions, but if the shoe fits….

My group reserved a suite/room for a friend’s birthday as members from our group were visiting from all over Northern Californians and we did not want to drive home late that night. After dinner and shopping at a local mall, we arrived to check in around 9:00pm and were told by the front desk staff that in addition to the $200 or so for the room, they would be placing a $750.00 hold on our credit card (not debit, but credit card), in addition to our $200 room rate, which was to remain on our card for 10 days. Even though their policy, which was posted on their front desk counter, stated they charge the room rate and plus tax times the number of nights staying but they will place a $750 hold IF the rate is at least $750. I guess “Pete”, the front desk staff, thought our dark skin precluded us from knowing how to read their own printed policy. Even when I read him their own policy, he still insisted that he was going to do as he wanted and he does that for EVERYONE who checks in to their hotel. Hmmmm, probably not likely….

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 stars
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites San Jose, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Dear angel_esq,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We take comments such as these very serious and would like to follow up with you. We have sent you a private message in effort to obtain more information.

I look forward to hearing back from you very soon.

Karen G.
Noida, Uttar Pradesh, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 1 week in November 2012. It was a very comfortable and enjoyable stay, with very spacious room (actually suite) with separate living room, bedroom and a well equipped kitchen. Hotel staff were very helpful and friendly. They offer dinner from Tuesday to Thursday which is quite good with good wine/beer and some high up hotel manager is personally there to greet and look after the guests at the dinner place. Free shuttle service to nearby Indian store is also a plus point.

Room Tip: Rooms on the backside of the hotel are very good as you can see people moving on the road outside.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Hi SomnathBenerje…,

Thank you so much for your review of your stay in 2013. We would like to invite you back to stay with us as our renovations are now complete and you can experience all our updated amenities.

Regards,

Charles.julien@ihg.com
San Luis Obispo, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

i've been staying at this hotel since bay 101 across the street opened in the early 90's and also stay there while attending 3-4 49er games each season. very reasonably priced, the staff is
always helpful (especially a couple of employees: pete zaldivar and jenny zulrla). they go
the "extra mile" on any issue/assistance that one might need.

i highly recommend this hotel (ie...wouldn't be staying there otherwise)

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
GMSJCJO, General Manager at Staybridge Suites San Jose, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
Hello Anthony,

We are so proud to have you as a regular visitor to our hotel. As you well know it is more often the people of the hotel that make it great and we know we have a great hotel. Thank you for sharing your thoughts and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

The hotel rooms are gorgeous and have some terrific amenities. There is a nightly happy hour Tues - Thurs nights. There is a cabana and the pool area is quite nice.

I've stayed one night so far, but there are 2 big issues that cause this place to fall short of perfect. First, the wifi is terrible. I don't just mean slow, because it is, but it cuts out making viewing any videos and downloading even small apps and files terrible. Advice: bring an Ethernet cable. Second, stairs everywhere. No lifts, very few ramps. Not great if you have heavy luggage. I'm not entirely sure what you would do if you needed handicap access, but there are an awful lot of stairs. Plus there are upstairs units.

I'll come back and amend this review if necessary, but the place would be a lot nicer if it were closer to anything other than the airport and were a bit easier to get around.

• Stayed October 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
GMSJCJO, General Manager at Staybridge Suites San Jose, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Hello and thank you for your beautiful review of our hotel. Our whole staff appreciates the time you took to share your thoughts. The Staybridge Suites San Jose is located in the heart of Silicone Valley and as can be expected has a big demand for quality internet access. Our management and owners have been working very hard to ensure a good internet experience. We are investing in technology to improve this vital service and we expect to be able to improve your experience on your next visit.

The hotel is campus style hotel that consists of 7 buildings in which access to the upper floors requires the use of stairs. Our guests who require ADA accessible accommodations are provided one of our seven dedicated specially designed rooms are situated at various locations around the hotel on the ground floor. If your would feel more comfortable on the ground floor our friendly staff will arrange in advance to accommodate your request. We are also available and happy to personally assist you with any heavy items.

Once again, thank you for your review and we look forward to your next visit.

Cary, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

I stayed here for a business trip and found my room to be nicely decorated, spacious and clean. Unfortunately, the exterior of the building is in some disrepair, and I was not aware until my arrival that all rooms open to the outside. This did not make me feel secure, especially as a woman traveling alone. The kitchen in my room was well equipped and I liked having the option to stay in for the evening meal. The free breakfast was so-so. Eggs did not taste fresh...more like something poured out of a carton. I was glad that I rented a car because their shuttle service requires making a request 24 hours in advance, which was not a good option for my schedule. Front desk staff was friendly.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank JFBWDogs
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites San Jose, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Dear JFBWDogs,

We appreciate your feedback regarding our property. I am pleased to know that you found our room clean and our front desk staff friendly. Please allow me to apologize for the inconvenience and negative impression you may have had because of the lay-out of the rooms as well as breakfast. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Karen G.