“Lovely to look at and comfortable”

DoubleTree by Hilton San Jose
Ranked #16 of 75 Hotels in San Jose
GreenLeadersGold level
Oregon City, Oregon
“Lovely to look at and comfortable”
Reviewed November 26, 2010

I have stayed at this hotel numerous times. Usually my stay is quite short in duration, so I cannot comment on the surrounding area. I can say that I have always experienced great service with a smile. I find the rooms spacious compared to most places; and, the beds and pillows are very comfortable. I've never had a problem with noise, so I always sleep well here. The lobby is very grand and is beautifully decorated for the holidays. I love the complimentary cookies. Van service to the airport is excellent, too. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Dayton, OH
Reviewed November 23, 2010

From the moment I stepped into their beautiful lobby, I knew it would be a great experience. I was there for a business meeting at the hotel. My room was near perfect. Overall, my experience was pleasant and I would return to this location if I am again on a business or personal trip to San Jose!

Pros: multiple food options on site, friendly staff, well placed meeting rooms, updated amenities in the sleeping rooms, overall good food quality, airport shuttle was timely, plenty of lunch time restaurants to walk to

Cons: cost of parking, location of courtesy phones in the meeting room areas, lack of dinner time restaurants within walking distance, lack of shuttle in a "5 mile radius"

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
CookieOnArrival, Director of Business Development at DoubleTree by Hilton San Jose, responded to this review, December 6, 2010
Dear texymexy16,

On behalf of the Doubletree Hotel San Jose, we would like to thank you for taking the time to review us. Every comment that is posted is taken into consideration and we love to hear how we can become a better hotel in our guests’ eyes.

We are very happy to see you enjoyed your stay with us. We take pride in delivering a friendly and welcoming staff, clean rooms, delicious meals, and more.

We are sorry you were unsatisfied with our surroundings, such as restaurants and shuttles. We hope you informed our parking staff that you were interesting in nearby entertainment so they could update you with what is around and call you a cab. We try our best to satisfy every guests needs, the greatest way possible.

Again, thank you for staying with us and for reviewing our hotel. We hope to see you again soon.

San Diego, California
Reviewed November 21, 2010

Staff were extremely friendly. The shuttle to/from airport is very accessible and timely.

I was there for a convention and there were shuttle buses provided to take us downtown. I'm not sure if the hotel provided these or someone else, but they were very useful.

The hotel lobby was very clean and inviting. My room was in great condition.

The only cons were:

1)My room key (card) was demagnetized both days that I was there. That was annoying having to walk all the way up to my room on sixth floor, not being able to get in, and then walking all the way back to front desk (twice!). I was told that having the key next to a cell phone will do this, but they need to find a new key technology because cell phones are everywhere nowadays.

2) Location is extremely convenient for airport (right across the street), but not good for downtown San Jose. I walked one day from hotel to the trolley and it was a bit of a hike. I can see where most people would not want to do this.

Dear 123Chad123,

Thank you for taking your valuable time to review our hotel.

We are very pleased that you experienced our friendly staff and that the hotel shuttle service provided the services to your satisfaction.

We do understand your frustration with your room key. De-magnification of magnetic stripped cards by cell phones does need to be fixed through new technology. We are looking for resolution as it relates to our hotel product and hope to eliminate this issue in the near future.

We understand downtown San Jose is not as close as preferred, but our hotel is best known for the convenience of the airport. Additionally, we are within walking distance to the Light-rail transit system that whisks you straight downtown which is only minutes away; plus you don’t need to find parking in the downtown area.

Thank you again for staying with us and taking the time to review us. We hope you return for another visit soon!

Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed November 17, 2010

Last stayed here in Dec 2009 and was looking forward to the great breakfast buffet with omelets, fresh breads, bagels, lox, etc.
I was very disappointed to find that this has been significantly scaled back to a shadow of what it was. Only scrambled eggs, potatoes, dry cereal, bacon/sausage, fruit/ yogurt. Bread is only a choice of white or wheat slices -not even muffins. Forget about the juice, too. Too understaffed on a Tuesday to get a coffee.
Sushi bar food is expensive and second rate.
Room service food was very good.
Rooms are aging for the price point of this hotel. Management response to other reviews on this site state that all rooms have a flat screen 37" HD TV is not true. Mine has an old 26" std tube TV.
All hotel staff were very helpful and friendly.
in room coffee is good and bed is comfortable.
Internet service works well.
Oddly, housekeeping only supplied one hand towel on multiple days.

Dear SkokieTraveller,

Thank you for staying at our hotel and taking the time to review our hotel. We encourage every guest to write a review, so we can fix any problems our guests’ may have experienced during their visit.

We are sorry to learn your stay with us was disappointing. Based on customer feedback, we made changes to our buffet to make it quick, affordable at $10 versus $18 and provide many of the essential breakfast foods that our guests desire. We have a full breakfast menu at Sprigs, as an alternative to the buffet.

The new flat screen TV installation period is mid November through Dec 7, we should have specified those dates for clarification.

We are pleased to see that our hotel staff was helpful and friendly. We try our best to satisfy every guest’s needs. Again, thank you for taking the time to review us. We hope you will return in the future to see our newly updated rooms.

Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed November 15, 2010

This hotel was very nice. It had everything you could ask for. It was a bit expensive but that's expected in Cali. Nothing out of the ordinary to report but no complaints. The Shuttle drive from the airport was very friendly.

Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Pasadena, California
Reviewed November 14, 2010

Great hotel experience! Traveling on business can be stressful but at the San Jose double Tree I felt comfy and cozy. The warm chocolate chip cookie I received from the check in staff, started it all. I felt special, happy. That set the tone for my stay, clean facilities, soft comfy bed, quiet, staff with genuine smiles; nice hotel. I slept great. The food was very good as well. All in all a great stay. Thank you.

Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed November 10, 2010

hotel rooms are great and the staff are very nice...great location and great restaurants located inside the hotel.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business