Tripadvisor
San Jose
2,523 results
All reviews double tree cookies sushi bar close to the airport executive floor per day sjc airport rooms are large shuttle service sprig conference freeway starbucks convenience event proximity
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We were tired and chose to stay in SJ vs taking the additional hour long drive all the way home. Warm cookies are always great. Glad to be able to get tooth brush and tooth past last minute (even though I could have gone back to the car). There was some small amt of mold in the shower (easy to see when everything is white). Overall good stay. Just wish they would provide you with free breakfast OR Not ream you for parking....

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

The hotel hasn’t been renovated since about 1970. My smelled of mildew, and I was afraid to walk barefoot based on the state of the old carpet. There was no hot water in the shower. The room was very far from the elevators, and the elevators were very far from the lobby. The lobby is nice and new, which is in stark contrast to the rooms.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
CookieonArrival, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton San Jose, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear rachelrsryan,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We are sorry to hear that you had a less than pleasant experience at our property. Thank you for making us aware of the issue. We will forward your complaint to the appropriate management team so they can make your future stay a much more pleasant one.

Nicole Negron
Front Office Manager

Reviewed January 17, 2020

I stayed for three nights at this hotel, and my experience proved that no one at this hotel cares about cleanliness or maintenance. When I first checked in and went to my room, I thought "okay, they need a renovation, but this will be fine." But then as I walked through my room, I first noticed little pieces of broken glass on and around the lounge chair. Still giving them the benefit of the doubt, I thought, "okay, these are small pieces and they are mostly on the chair, so maybe they just didn't see it." but then I got to the desk, and there were large pieces of broken glass on the desk, *in* the wall, on the floor. So at this point I wondered "how did housekeeping miss this? And what happened in this room?"

So I called the front desk. To their credit, their first question was "Are you okay? Did you cut yourself?" They then offered to move me to a new room. The new room was identical to the old room. I think if a customer is exposed to something potentially dangerous in their room -- like broken glass all over the floor!-- they should get an upgrade to something nicer, but instead they just gave me a $25 food credit for the hotel bar (which I was never able to use -- nor would I have wanted to given their "cleanliness" at the hotel).

So onto room #2. This room was free of broken glass. But as I looked around the room I saw a large gross dark stain on the lounge chair, right above where it meets the seat cushion. So I lifted the seat cushion and discovered a huge blop of melted and congealed chocolate and some other substance (marshmallow? dried ice cream?). I was thinking "I'll never sit in this chair, so I can just ignore this..." Just then the phone rang, and it was the front desk: "Just wanted to make sure everything is satisfactory with the new room?" I said "Yes, it's fine, but you should tell housekeeping there's a gross stain with congealed food on the chair." She said "we want everything to be right, and you're here for three nights, so why don't we move you again." Since she offered, I said okay, but at this point I was beginning to doubt if they had ANY rooms that were clean.

On to room #3... and this one was fine-ish. Again, same kind of room as before, and once again it highlighted the lack of care that pervades this establishment. First, the door between the room and the public hallway had a gap between the bottom of the door and floor, large enough that if someone were to lie down they could look into my room. And second, when I went to use the bathroom sink, the handle fell off. I couldn't figure out how to reattach it so I left it right next to the faucet... and there it stayed for three days.

If you want to know how a hotel gets this bad, this is how: if your staff sees a broken handle next the sink and does nothing for three days, what else are they ignoring around the building?

All of this was getting comically bad, so I tweeted about it. Doubletree Corporate responded and directed me back to the hotel management. The next day the manager called me and left a voicemail. She said that she heard I had tweeted about the door and the faucet handle (she conveniently omitted the broken glass and congealed food), but that they had already given me $25 credit for food, so she wanted to make sure everything was fine.

I didn't even bother calling back. First, I was there for work and didn't have time to deal with them while in meetings all day. Second, it's clear everyone in this hotel from the housekeeping to management just don't care -- every room they moved me to had major issues, some of which were never fixed even when they were obvious. And third, the manager knew about the faucet (because she mentioned it in her voicemail) but did she ever send anyone to fix it? Nope.

Anyway, this hotel is convenient to the airport, and great for people who like glass in feet, congealed food on their butt, or don't like using the bathroom sink.

Room tip: Rooms in a different hotel will be cleaner
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
CookieonArrival, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton San Jose, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2020

Dear Ryanb1281,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We are truly sorry to hear about your recent experience and we thank you for bringing it to our attention. We will be reviewing our hotel policies and guidelines with our front desk team to make sure similar experiences do not occur in the future. This is not type of experience we want for our guests and we cannot apologize enough for your experience.

Nicole Negron
Front Office Manager

Reviewed January 13, 2020

1. Receptionist wouldn't speak up so I could hear her clearly (bar next to receptionist-bad design)
2. Receptionist failed to put in late check-out request.
3. Receptionist failed to provide instructions on getting a validated parking receipt so you could get out of parking without having to pay after hotel charged you on the bill.
4. Bartender either water downed my bosses and my gin and tonic or was using very old/flat tonic water. I ordered a premium gin and tonic to see if it was really crappy gin in the well but it wasn't. By far the worst Gin and Tonic ever provided at any bar and my boss agreed.
5. The waitress tried to make up for the bad drinks by comping us a 3rd gin and tonic but it was just as bad.
6. No alcohol in the executive lounge. (our team works on weekends so we enjoy our Diamond Priviledges and this was VERY disappointing) We are considering changing our hotel stays in the future to Marriott properties this visit was so bad.
7. I ordered an appetizer of cheese and meats. It had been a long day without lunch. It came with the meals. Appetizers are supposed to come before the meal. Not the service we expect for the prices we were paying. This compounds the problem with space at the table.
8. I asked the concierge where the starbucks was as my team was meeting in the area in front of it (which I told him.) He said it was closed. I didn't ask if it was open. I asked where it was. Luckily, I could see my team sitting in the area outside the starbucks from his station and just left. You couldn't see the starbucks from his station but luckily I was able to see my team.
9. When I called Sunday morning at 11:00 am to confirm I had a late check out requested and was told that the Saturday night receptionist hadn't put it in, I was told that I could only get a late checkout to 12:00. That's not what I would consider a late checkout. Every other Hilton property it's at least 1pm and some 2pm. Again not the service I would expect as a Hilton Diamond member.

This was the worst Hilton experience I have had and based on the price we paid for our rooms, we are seriously considering switching to Marriott properties. No offers of anything to make up for our stay. Basically, tough sh** attitude. I even responded to the text message that I got about preparing for our stay. I told them immediately while in the bar about the gin and tonic issue and got the basic "we have notified the F&D department."

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
CookieonArrival, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton San Jose, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Bernard W,

Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to leave us a review. We are very sorry to hear you had a disappointing experience with us during your stay, particularly with your late check out request and dining experience. We always strive to provide excellent customer service to our guests and intend to review your comments with our staff in order to improve our guest service. We hope you will give us another opportunity to provide you with the excellent service you deserve and we know we are capable of.

Reviewed January 10, 2020

The hotel staff was friendly but the room quality was awful, especially for the price tag. I've stayed at motels for $60 a night that were better than this room. The walls were scuffed and peeling, felt like they were made in the 80s and not touched since.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
CookieonArrival, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton San Jose, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hi,
We are sorry to hear you were disappointed with your stay with us. Thanks for the feedback, we will keep it in mind when making future improvements to our property.