“Comfortable relaxation stay”

DoubleTree by Hilton San Jose
Ranked #16 of 75 Hotels in San Jose
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed August 4, 2010

My boyfriend and I stayed for 2 nights in San Jose for a weekend filled trip of shopping. The service was great, and the complimentary chocolate chip cookies were amazing!!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 4, 2010

Second stay in 3 months. Again found clean room, comfy bed, attentive front desk staff and SPRIGS breakfast staff.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed August 2, 2010

This hotel is proof that pictures definitely lie.
So--i was expecting a nice 4 star hotel with updated tv, furnishings, bathroom...etc. This is by far the most outdated "four star" hotel i've ever stayed at. I don't know who in their right mind would call this a four star hotel. The room itself reminded me of a hotel in reno in 1988. The rug was dingy and stained, the bathroom was mediocre at best but most of all---
i pull back the blanket on the bed to just lay on the white clean sheets and there i find:
SEVERAL PUBIC HAIRS.
"are you kidding?" you ask.
NO. unfortunately i am not kidding. oh and of course after i painfully sleep on that bed with the thought of if the pillowcases were washed, i wake up to find a bill under my door stating that my credit card was charged $18 for parking overnight at this lovely hotel. wonderful. if you have any sense, stay at the wyndham hotel or some cardboard box on the street (you'd probably get more value from that than doubletree hotel)

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 2, 2010

We have never been disappointed with our stays at Doubletree. This was our first time at this location and we were very impressed. My family and friends were in town for a sports weekend. First was an Earthquakes soccer game to be followed by a Giants game. The location of this hotel relative to Santa Clara University and the freeways was perfect for us. We were treated very well by the staff. They had very positive attitudes, always smiling and making sure everything was taken care of. We especially liked our warm cookies (always a kid pleaser). The property was very clean as were the rooms. Rooms are huge and gave plenty of space for our family of 4 to spread out. We liked the balcony to get some fresh air. The bathrooms were spacious and well maintained. I like the additional sink outside the shower area so more than 1 person can get ready at a time. One thing that I miss is the refrigerator. This would really come in handy for our travel drinks. We really liked the 2 queen beds as opposed to doubles in most hotels. They were really comfortable. The carpets were clean. I know this sounds weird but most hotels we stay in, even supposedly very nice ones, have the dirtiest carpet turning our socks black. The rooms are quiet. We never even heard the freeway or airport traffic. We didn't even hear the neighbors through the walls.

There are a few restaurants inside but we only visited Sprigs for breakfast. We had the buffet and the selection was better than expected. An example is most hotel restaurants have just plain scambled eggs but here they have that plus a scramble with veggies (very tasty). The price was a little high but since it was conveniently in the hotel and the food was so good, I ultimately didn't mind. After breakfast, we took the kids to the pool and they had a great time. It's really nice to see a pool with a deepend (8') so the kids have more freedom to jump in and play.

Overall, we had a great stay and will definitely visit the next time we go to an Earthquakes game or just visit San Jose.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 2, 2010

A beautiful hotel not too far from the airport. Roomy, clean, every room has a balcony.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed August 1, 2010

My family and I enjoyed a very comfortable stay here at the Doubletree in San Jose.
The service was friendly and efficient. The mattress and bedding were very comfortable, so we all slept well. Location was good. Facilities were all above average. My only problem with this hotel is that I would not consider it a 4-star hotel. All the furnishings need updating: torn wallpaper, worn carpets, dirty ceiling drop panels, broken wood moldings. Efficient and clean, yes, but not a destination location. My Aunt Sandie would never approve, but we found it nice enough.

Reviewed July 30, 2010

The Double Tree Hotel in San Jose, CA was a great place to stay! My mom traveled there for a conference and I went with her. At check-in they greeted us, easily accommodated me being added to the 2 queen bed room, and provided a warm cookie for each of us as a welcome! The hotel is well organized with clear directions. The steakhouse looked great, the sushi was fantastic, and I also enjoyed having a bar in the hotel. The room was humongous, comfortable, and clean. The beds were sooo comfortable and I love bathrooms with a curved shower curtain. The best part was probably the beds or the great location, the worst may be the view of the freeway from my window or no free wireless in the rooms. Overall we stayed 2 nights and very much enjoyed our stay!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business