2,421 results
All reviews double tree cookies sushi bar close to the airport per day rooms are large sjc airport shuttle service sprig conference freeway convenience starbucks event proximity
Selected filters
Reviewed June 4, 2019

I come to San Jose on business monthly. It used to be weekly. I’ve come to this hotel 5 times this year as an overflow from the other Hilton’s in the area. My stays have been good, no complaints. I would drive up they would meet me the valet was there very nice, I would go to the front desk and they would greet me happily

Today when I came, the front desk told me “they fired their Valet service” I would have to park. She quickly turned and continued her conversation with the other person there. I was like ok, where do I park she showed me a picture of the machine and said just swipe..

I was thinking I’ve paid top dollar this week, $730.00 per night (every other hotel is sold out), I would hope my experience would be different. I used to be a gold member, and take the top floor. I lost this and am a silver member... I was just so surprised, I feel like I am actually staying at comfort inn.

The employees don’t seem happy. I don’t know, I don’t think I will ever stay here again, so disappointed

Date of stay: June 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
CookieonArrival, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton San Jose, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2019

Dear moecc3333,

We appreciate you taking the time to post a review. We apologize for any inconvenience of not having the valet service anymore and not being clear on where you can park. We are sorry your experience was not like it has been before and we did not meet your previous expectations. We hope we can Make It Right and be able to host you again to meet your expectations as we have in the past. We will forward your comments to our management team to always be improving on our service and hospitality. We thank you for your review.

Reviewed June 4, 2019

Helpful staff here. Impressed with the lounge and Happy Hour was just enough to tide us over. The van got us to the airport in 5 minutes and they kept our car safe for 8 days. Check out was a breeze. We are staying again in October.

Dear kathiedebord,

We appreciate you taking the time to post a review. We are pleased our staff was helpful, our shuttle got you to the airport quickly, and we were able to keep you car safe for 8 days. We are delighted your check out was easy and we are thrilled you're staying with us in October. We thank you again for your review.

Reviewed May 31, 2019

Great location, great restaurant, good service, horrible guest rooms. Been staying here for 5 years and won't be back until the rooms are remodeled. Stayed in three rooms (including one suite) during my last stay. All rooms were worn, run down, had broken furniture, etc. One room had broken AC. The next room had a noxious chemical odor. The furniture looked like it's from the Goodwill in a college town. They've updated the common areas, but the rooms are awful.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
CookieonArrival, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton San Jose, responded to this reviewResponded June 1, 2019

Dear Brak K,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us. We are truly sorry to hear that your recent experience at our property was disappointing. Your feedback is important to us and will be used to make continuous improvements to our property moving forward. We cannot apologize enough for your experience at our property. We will be sharing your feedback with the rest of our management team in order for necessary improvements to be made moving forward. We appreciate your feedback and take it very seriously.

Chad Buthker
Front Office Manager

Reviewed May 31, 2019

I would have given DoubleTree 5-stars, it's that nice - it's just that in the overheated San Jose area, hotels are more expensive than downtown San Francisco and I don't blame the DoubleTree for charging going rates (and another $28 for parking) but the cost still stings. Then again, business trips are about maximizing locale, and this hotel delivers.
It's a huge place (I think it was once the Red Lion but has been enlarged a lot since including a vast convention area) and everything measures up, frankly. I can't think of a single complaint. The rooms are modern, having been recently redone, as are the public spaces. The room service menu (thankfully one still exists!) was small but reasonable - and the food was great. Same for the 2050 Bar and the Sprigs restaurant. In fact, some of the breakfast items (like the grilled cheese sandwich) are definite must-do's. I would stay there again in a minute, and would recommend this to anybody on business in San Jose.

Room tip: I doubt there's a bad room in the place - just plan on a bit of walking.
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
CookieonArrival, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton San Jose, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2019

Dear RichTBoston_MA,

We thank you for taking the time to post a review. We are thrilled you had a marvelous experience on property! We are very pleased you found our rooms modern and enjoyed the public space. We are glad you enjoyed our room service food options, breakfast at Sprigs and our 2050 Lobby Bar. We appreciate you recommending our hotel and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed May 27, 2019 via mobile

We had an overnight stay on our trip in San Jose and we’re looking for a Hilton property. This fit the bill nicely. It was generally quiet and we enjoyed a good nights sleep. The hot tub was a good way to start the next day. The shuttle to the airport was very convenient.

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
CookieonArrival, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton San Jose, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2019

Dear baileyno6,

We appreciate you taking the time to post a review. We are delighted it was quiet and you had a good night sleep. We are glad you enjoyed the hot tub and the convenient shuttle service to the SJC airport. We hope to see you again soon.