“Surprised!!!”

DoubleTree by Hilton San Jose
Ranked #18 of 75 Hotels in San Jose
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed November 9, 2009

I have been to other Doubletree Hotels (Modesto, Irvine, LAX, San Francisco) but have never felt the unpleasantness of the staff at this hotel. Our organization has a master account with this hotel, and everything (housing, oarking and Internet access) was to be billed to the master account. But this hotel failed to do so. I could not get out of the parking lot without paying with my credit card, adn when I asked for my charges to be credited, I was told that since it was the parking issue, I had to deal with the parking services. THe parking attendant was rude as if it was my fault in the first place that the ticket did not work. I was promised a newspaper on Friday. That never came. I had to pay the INternet charges on my credit card, because the hotel failed to charge it to the master account. NEVER again will I stay at this hotel - the SAn Jose Doubletree Hotel.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business
CookieOnArrival, Director of Business Development at DoubleTree by Hilton San Jose, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2009

Thank you for taking time to write a review on our hotel! We appreciate your feedback and sharing any compliments and feedback to assist us in improving our service and our guests experiences.

We are sorry you didn't leave feeling 100% satisfied of your stay. We welcome our guests to seek management assistance in the event their stay with us is less the perfect prior to departure so we can make right any concerns and address billing issues. Your feedback will be discussed directly with the department heads to ensure that we reiterate our processes relating to billing and parking.

We would like to gain your business back so please allow us the opportunity to right the wrong. Feel free to contact us if you'd like to discuss.

Kind regards,

Carrie McAllen
Director of Business Development
carrie.mcallen@hilton.com
408.437.2128

Reviewed November 9, 2009

The hotel has great rooms. The rooms were large... Wolfgang Puck coffee in the room. Pool area was beautifully landscaped.Great cookies.

Reviewed November 9, 2009

I was impressed with how quickly the shuttle came to pick me up at the airport after I called.
The front desk was a bit busy so I waited for about 10 minutes to check in, but the young lady who checked me in was also very pleasant and professional.
The next day after I checked out, I asked the valet when the next shuttle to the airport was leaving, and he quickly called a driver and she was ready to take me back to the airport right away!
The staff here provided excellent service and I really enjoyed my stay here.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed November 9, 2009

The staff at the Double tree was extremely nice and very accommodating. The hotel is located across the freeway from the San Jose airports, so it is a great place to stay if you need to catch an early morning flight out of SJC. Of course, if you're planning an extended stay, there are a few things I would warn you about:

The facility itself is out date and in desperate need of a make over. The bedding is dated, circa 1970s and some of the bathrooms have cracks in the tiles.

The room service menu is limited and a bit on the pricey side. If you are on a limited budget, eating at the hotel really is not an option.

The breakfast buffet is overpriced ($18.00 for eggs, bacon and fruit) and the starbucks in the lobby charges $3.00 for a large cup of coffee.

The staff at the doubletree was very kind and willing to help but the overall hotel was not quite the doubletree experience I've grown accustomed to.

Net net: it's a great location, but if you will be in town for more than that I would suggest you find a different hotel.

Reviewed November 8, 2009

We stayed at the Doubletree for a conference (leisure, not business). The rooms were clean and roomy with balconies. Service was great. The hotel was generally quiet, but one small problem is that it is difficult to close room doors without slamming. The doors need some sort of device that allows them to close softly. The Neutrogena lotions, face wash, shampoo, etc. were nice and the shower curtains very nice. I know it seems weird to comment on shower curtains, but they were a soft waterproof material with a see-through mesh at top and solid white from shoulders down. The shower rod was curved out away from the tub to give you more room. The whole set up made the shower seem big and open. Two sinks were very nice to have -- each person gets her / his own sink. This hotel is great for conferences. It has several restaurants including an espresso bar, sushi bar, regular bar with large tvs, a nice steak restaurant and a casual breakfast / lunch restaurant. There is also a night club which appeared to be popular on the weekend. There is a UPS store on site. There are several large meeting / convention rooms. There is free wifi near the casual restaurant (but you pay extra for internet in the rooms). The complementary shuttle to and from the airport runs very frequently and it is only a few minutes to the airport. The area surrounding the hotel is all office buildings. The few restaurants within walking distance are closed on the weekend. If you don't have a car the light rail stops are within walking distance. We took the light rail to Japantown for dinner and ate in a great Hawaiian restaurant. I also took the light rail downtown to visit the Tech Museum. If you do have a car, parking at this hotel is pricey, but they have to charge since the hotel is so close to the airport. There may be discounted parking on weekends or if you eat in a hotel restaurant. I was happy that the hotel found my Hilton HHonors membership number and had already attached it to my reservation. It didn't appear that HHonors members received free internet access in the rooms. It would be nice if they did like some other frequent hotel clubs offer. Overall I was very impressed with this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed November 7, 2009

Very comfortable hotel with one of the nicest fitness rooms I have seen in a hotel. The rooms were very spacious and clean with comfortable beds. I stayed at the hotel for a conference and often times there are only a few elevators and very slow - that was not the case at the Doubletree. The only down side was there are not many restaurants within close walking distance. The hotel offers a free shuttle to and from the airport which is only about 10 minutes away.

Reviewed November 6, 2009

The rooms were huge, banquet room was great! The Parking could be better and front desk staff a little friendlier and trained better.