“Watch Out for Parking Fees”

DoubleTree by Hilton San Jose
Ranked #17 of 75 Hotels in San Jose
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed July 28, 2009

The only incident that made this trip not as pleasant as it could have been were the parking fees. When I booked the hotel I was not notified that parking fees are $18 a day for self parking! When I checked in I was not notified of the parking fees. So when I checked out and was finally notified of the $36 charge to my credit card for parking for 2 days I was shocked. Inform your guests, we hate surprise charges.

There are newer reviews for DoubleTree by Hilton San Jose

Reviewed July 27, 2009

Checked in: Lights in the Bathroom were burt out...you would think that the maid service would have reported it...called maintenance: nine (9) hours later and three phone calls they were finally changed....Maid cleaned up room, and never gave us towels...after four (4) phonecall down to the front desk I couldn't handle it....I went down in person....no one would help me, and the two "supervisors" behind the reception desk blamed someone else....finally after I made a scene, some disgrunteled employee gave me towels....never, never again......and I usually stay at Doubletrees, I will never again......for a few towels they lost a customer for life.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
CookieOnArrival, Director of Business Development at DoubleTree by Hilton San Jose, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2009

Dear DanKruse

Thank you for expressing your concerns relating to your recent stay at our hotel.

We will not offer any excuses and you should never feel frustrated during or after your stay at one of our hotels. The reality of the situation was that we had a large water polo citywide convention in the hotel during your stay and the hotel was impacted by several requests ie., huge demand of extra towels, bath products, toilet un-clogs, etc.
beyond our original expectations which directly impacted your experience. You suffered and we sincerely apologies and do not want to loose you has a future guest.

We will reach out to you to discuss the circumstances of your stay and work to gain your trust in our hotel and services in the future.

Thank you again for bringing it to our attention.

Kind regards,

Carrie McAllen, Director of Business Development

Reviewed July 27, 2009

Everything at the Trane Advanced Energy Forum went smoothly.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed July 26, 2009

We enjoyed our very brief stay in San Jose and at the Doubletree Hotel. We were warmly greeted by the staff and found the accommodations to be very nice. The location was conveniently located and we were very pleased.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 25, 2009

Fantastic staff, good location, great rooms...not much more a traveler can ask of a hotel.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed July 20, 2009

I stayed here twice over the last year and have enjoyed both trips. A good full-service hotel near the San Jose Airport. I enjoyed the several good restaurants on property ranging from sushi to steak. the hotel shuttle to the airport starts at 4.30 am for those 6 am flights and takes only 5 minutes to the terminal.

The hotel is large and has a good fitness club and swimming pool area. The lobby bar is always lively and the sushi bar attached serves a good choice of fresh sushi. The bar staff are all friendly and seem eager to please.

The only knock is the check in process, which both times seemed like rush hour. Too many guests checking in and too few employees working the desk. They are courteous and do their jobs well, but they need more help to speed the process.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed July 19, 2009

The rooms were nice because I have two little ones under 3 and there was room for them to play. When I called house keeping they were quick about bring up the baby's crib. The hotel was nice, clean, and the staff very friendly. Thanks!!!