DoubleTree by Hilton San Jose
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
  • Breakfast included
2,170 results
All reviewsdouble treecookiessushi barclose to the airportexecutive floorrooms are largeper daysjc airportsilicon valleyshuttle servicesprigconferencefreewayconveniencestarbuckseventproximity
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 1, 2009

We were at the Double Tree in San Jose California, this past Thursday, Friday, and Saturday for an unexpected family funeral.
The welcome and upbeat attitude from the entire staff was so appreciated along with the delightful appearance from the lobby to the rooms.

The greatest treat was the warm pool to kool off in under the California sun.

Thank you, for the staffs great service that is worth every penny invested in our stay.
Ray Campbell
A recent Double Tree client in San Jose California.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed June 26, 2009

I stay in this hotel quite often on my business trips to the area. I am always greeted with a smile and with respect as if they are happy that I am there. It is a very large and spacious hotel and there is a lot of walking throughout the hotel from service desk to rooms, conference rooms, pool, restaurants, etc. so if you are disabled or have difficulty walking, its just a warning. The rooms are very large and very clean with balconies. If I had any complaints, it would be about the parking. The cost for self parking is $18.00/day! Most of the hotels in the area do not charge for parking if you stay in their hotel. If you need to drive somewhere from the hotel during your stay, be sure that the front desk has given you the parking pass before you try to leave out of the parking lot...THEY WON'T LET YOU OUT!! You have to park your car and walk all the way back to the front desk to get one!!!! Like I said this is a LARGE hotel. I was NOT happy about that! However, other than the one incident, I have been very happy staying in this hotel.

Reviewed June 24, 2009

Great service there. Everyone is friendly, accommodating, and helpful. I visited with my dog, as they are pet friendly - and they are indeed.. VERY pet friendly.

The hotel in and of itself, however, did not impress me much. It was comfortable and clean enough, but did not live up to my recollection of many other DoubleTrees I have stayed at in the past (I travel frequently for business)
I do agree that the per rate parking is quite steep for a hotel that was obviously not at full capacity. Regardless, I'm aware that $15/night is not a bad rate for parking at some of the hotels in and around San Jose.

Perhaps it was the hallways that felt like they were in need of an update...
Perhaps was the room that needed a spruced up decor...

Either way, I would stay there again for the excellent service and the proximity to the airport.

Reviewed June 24, 2009

They have a very fast and convenient shuttle to San Jose Int'l Airport. But if you're staying to check out San Jose - this is probably not the location for you because it is in the middle of a business park and there's not much to do within walking distance of the hotel. Service was fantastic, the rooms/hotel itself looks a little aged and weathered - but still very nice.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed June 23, 2009

Booked with priceline.com, was unaware that self parking in an almost empty parking lot was $18/day, wireless was $13/day...not competitive for a location in a smallish city. Electronic key would not allow return the first night, desk apologized, cut a new key...long traverse back to room (hotel is huge), new key did not work, back to desk to get new key...took mgr with me, the third key would not work. Four tries between 9:30 to 10:30 pm... still no access to room. Found engineer and they let me in...by morning room access still not corrected. Room naturally was not cleaned first night, likely not the second night either. No waste basket to throw tissues, etc. Competitive hotels in the area much better choice/experience, distances to room are short and things seem to work...not so here! So my "priceline advantage" is negated with ala carte charges and an awful hospitality experience. With less than 50% occupancy, mgmt should have plenty of time to remedy these business model needs. I for one, will not be back!

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business
CookieOnArrival, Director of Business Development at DoubleTree by Hilton San Jose, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2009

Dear JerryPM

Thank you for reviewing our hotel and thank you for your business! Please accept our apologies that you left our hotel feeling unsatisfied with your stay.

Although most don't like to pay for parking/internet, our hotel ensures that we audit our parking rates and internet fees and that we are consistent (if not less) than other hotels in San Jose. Plus, we continue to be more affordable than hotels in San Francisco. Most large hotels still charge for internet but we happily provide complimentary internet in all of our public space as an option for those wishing not to incur the fees. Our hotel also offers 2 price point options for internet access.

The guestroom that you stayed in was taken off market to check the door mechanism. Often times when hotel keys are around cell phones, the room keys are demagnetised which is a frustration with both necessary items. Every guestroom has at minimum 2 waste receptacles and soon we are implementing a room recycling program to make it easier for our guests to manage in room rubbish.

We provide a guest assistance line on every room phone that when dialed you will get immediate service.

We don't expect you to take our bumps in the road and although you feel you won't be back, the invitation to experience us again is always open.

Kind regards,