“Great location for business travel”

DoubleTree by Hilton San Jose
Ranked #18 of 75 Hotels in San Jose
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed May 30, 2009

Superb, friendly, and very customer service oriented staff!
From the front door to check in to the spacious room, the San Jose Doubletree is first class. Pleasant greeting at the front desk, and of course the hot chocolate chip cookie at check in really makde my day. I spend over 200 nights a year in hotels, and this is one of the best! Good value, good servive definitely add up to a good travel experience.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (2,117)

Reviewed May 29, 2009

This is a nice hotel however....watch out for hidden items.

The parking at the hotel will run you $18.00 to $22.00 a night which I was not told ahead of time by the travel site I booked with. I live in the SF bay area and could have taken other means into the area. The hideaway is only $11.01 per night.

I checked out of the hotel using my ATM/Visa card. They got their confimation numbers at that time that the debit went through but what they don't tell you is that they will charge all the charges twice to your bank account, with one set of them being on a 72 hour hold. This means that they drop off in 72 hours but the money is taken out of your balance until then. Make sure that what you spend there you can afford twice!

I unfortunately was running my balance low and had no idea to these charges until surprises hit my bank account from my bank the following week. If they would have told me, I would have had everything taken care of. When I called their accounting dept., they could not give me a clear reason why this happened.

It is also evident that they do not spray the rooms for fleas, since they allow animals to stay there at extra fees. My group of 6 all had at least 6 bites each. I have animals myself but I take care of their flea and tick issues.

If you would like confirmation of this information, please feel free to write to me at Kdover5006@aol.com.

Kathleen Dover

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank kdover5006
CookieOnArrival, Director of Business Development at DoubleTree by Hilton San Jose, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2009

Thank you so very much for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us at the Doubletree Hotel – San Jose. I am so sorry that you were disappointed at all. We take all of the comments from each guest and patron very seriously and review each one with the same weight and find opportunities for improvement.

Please know that to ensure that you are happy, safe, and well served is our top priority. It is our responsibility to be well-informed and be proactive, all the time, and we should not have allowed you to leave feeling like we could do better.

The charges to cards are a two step process unfortunately – when the credit or debit card is swiped and the guest checked in, an initial authorization goes through, holding that money, and on your bank statement, it appears as a debit from your account, even though the hotel does not have the funds yet; once the guest settles the bill and checks out, there is a separate transaction on the bank side, which is the final bill – this transaction, however is often reflected as another debit to the account, and this is a drawback to using liquid funds, such as a debit card. I know myself I’d rather put it on a debit card than on a credit card, so I understand. And I also understand making due with the low balance. There is verbiage on the registration card which you sign at check-in, which states the debit to the card, but you bring up a valid point, so we should probably start telling guests this as well as having them read it.

As for the fleas in your room – that is beyond unacceptable. I am so sorry that this happened. There is really no excuse for it whatsoever and I have already notified the Director of Housekeeping and the room is being inspected as I key.

I welcome the opportunity to speak with you in person, and if you wish, you may contact me at 408-437-2152 or Melissa.Rojek@Hilton.com if you wish to do so.

At your service,

Melissa T. Rojek
Director of Front Office Operations

Reviewed May 19, 2009

This hotel is not up to Doubletree standards in terms of bedding and cleanliness. I think the place is in need of renovation or a good cleaning. The room we got smelled of mildew so we had to ask for another room - the next room was slightly better. However, the room is large and the staff is friendly. The location is convenient for airport travel.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 808choosytraveler
CookieOnArrival, Director of Business Development at DoubleTree by Hilton San Jose, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2009

Hello 808choosytraveler

Thank you for your review of our hotel! We appreciate your feedback as it only makes us better! It's great to learn that you enjoyed quality service and convenience to the San Jose Intl Airport.

Please email me your room numbers so that we can immediately remedy and concerns with the cleanliness of our hotel. We pride ourselves on the ratings that we get from our guest surveys and certainly want to address any rooms that don't fit our company standards.

We hope you will visit again and thank you again for your feedback!

Carrie McAllen
Director of Business Development
carrie.mcallen@hilton.com

Reviewed May 1, 2009

My husband and I took advantage of the Double Tree park and travel package, when flying out of the San Jose airport for a business awards ceremony. The service throughout was fabulous. The convenience was great. The shuttle to and from the airport was very quick and efficient. We will stay at the Double Tree when flying out of San Jose in the future. The hotel was very clean and comfortable.

Reviewed April 30, 2009

Had a very nice stay at this hotel. It was clean, the room was large, and the staff was nice. Even though the hotel is located right next to the airport, there was no airport/airplane noise inside the room.

Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 27, 2009

Very impressed on the shining cleanliness of the entire facility. From the lobby up to my room. Bathroom was shining and the bed linens were bright and crisp. Staff throughout the hotel and restuarants were superior. Will be back.

Reviewed April 22, 2009

This Doubletree is convenient for travelers - very close to the airport for those with early flights the next morning, and easy access to the freeway, yet not noisy. A good value for the price. The staff is friendly, the restaurants are fine, and room service has nice enough variety if you have to work in your room. The Concierge lounge has been downgraded to snacks and water, soft drinks, which is a let down, but they do offer a discount in the morning for breakfast in the lobby restaurant. This isn't as convenient as it used to be when a light breakfast was available in the lounge when you were on the go and in a rush.

All in all, I stay here often and would recommend it to others.