“Great place, great treatment”

DoubleTree by Hilton San Jose
Ranked #17 of 75 Hotels in San Jose
GreenLeadersGold level
“Great place, great treatment”
Reviewed February 13, 2014

Came for a business trip after a friend recommended. Service was more than great, fast and accurate. The room is VERY spacious, well design and clean. The hotel is placed a bit far from down town, yet very close to the airport and have great access to 101.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Mariposa, California
Reviewed February 12, 2014

Cost to stay = $300.00 Cost to park = $25.00 Cost for Internet = $10.00 X 2 yes they charged us both for internet, If your paying this much for and average room the Internet should be complementary. We were going to a concert and they did not offer a shuttle. Ask about a Taxi and they said not need to order one they always have on stand by. NOT.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

monterey, United States
Reviewed February 12, 2014

excellent location when flying out of SJC. Executive level rooms not very luxurious and, at least in our room, air conditioning not effective. Executive lounge is a joke - at least on saturday it is just an open area with a few soft drinks and coffee. Hotel has a good restaurant.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed February 11, 2014

As I am writing this review now, I am still a guest here at the Doubletree. I am here for a conference in Santa Clara. The hotel's Wifi gets ZERO bandwidth at this time (around 10pm-12am) every night. I have been here two nights already. The hotel even had two Wifi systems, and NEITHER works. The connection was so poor, that I couldn't even connect to my corporate email Exchange Server using Outlook, email is the lowest bandwidth-consuming workload! Are you kidding me, this is a hotel right in the heart of the Silicon Valley, and not willing to invest in fundamental tech feature such as better Wifi bandwidth? High tech folks traveling to SV, STAY AWAY from the Doubletree!! It's not worth it. "Tech Support" was worthless...

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
MLIves, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton San Jose, responded to this review, February 13, 2014
JT4Trojan

Thank you for staying with us and sharing your feedback about the speed and accessibility of our wireless internet service. We’re very sorry that it wasn’t working well during your stay. We’re currently updating the wireless system and hope to have a faster internet experience soon. If you return to our area, we hope you’ll consider staying with us again.

Matthew Ives
Director of Front Desk
Matthew.ives@hilton.com

Travelers are raving about these San Jose hotels

Sunnyvale, United States
Reviewed February 11, 2014

The complaints we have about this place is the valet parking, bellman, and heater. Valet people seemed judgmental. We waited over an hour for our luggage. We called twice to get our luggage in hope to make it on time for dinner reservations. Still nothing so we went downstairs to get our own luggage. We also experienced issue with the heater in the room. We called down again. The maintenance guy showed up after 30minutes. He was very friendly. As for the room is concern, it was nice and clean. Bathroom too. I’ll have to admit, the bed and pillows were extremely comfortable (like the Marriott’s if you know what I mean). Feels like Heaven! Last, I found exiting the hotel an inconvenience. Maybe have visible exit signs, unless we missed it? Will we stay here again, maybe not…

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends

Fresno, United States
Reviewed February 11, 2014

I was very pleased with this hotel, service and accommodation. Good price for a business trip; but a bit pricey for a vacation. Wish there had been a microwave in the room. No way to heat food or coffee.

Portland, Oregon
Reviewed February 8, 2014

A professional organization I am affiliated with had a meeting here in June 2013 and I never got around to commenting on our accommodations. I had stayed here in the early 1990s when this was a Red Lion Hotel.....and frankly, it was better as a Red Lion.

From what I recall the rooms were very average...what you might find at a Courtyard by Marriott rather than a full-service hotel such as the DoubleTree. Some of the wallpaper was peeling in my room and the shower/bathroom space was outdated and small. The halls were similarly outdated and in need of repair. The bed was average but I got a decent nights sleep. The location is kind of odd and I found it frustrating that there were no vending machines in case you arrived late (the restaurants closed early in my opinion) and didn't want to eat at the Denny's which is a good 15 - 20 minute walk. The strip mall of restaurants from the Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott across the street closed early and the Chevron gas station mini-mart closed at 9pm. You are basically hosed if you don't buy snacks from somewhere else earlier in the day. The ladies at the front desk were nice, some of the other employees were ambivalent (the concierge crew for example).

The meeting rooms were fine and the breakfast for our group was healthy and tasty. The ladies at the front desk gave me extra cookies when I was bold enough to ask....I appreciated that because their cookies are awesome! It seemed like there was a lot more going on here in the 1990s (was it 1993 or 1994) when I last stayed here and the rooms seemed more kept up?

Anyway, my brother's company has a relationship with them and as long as my Dad and Stepmom are able to travel, this is where they stay and its fine for both of them. For business purposes, however, there are much better hotels in the immediate area.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
MLIves, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton San Jose, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
Michael S,

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us. I appreciate your business and the feedback you provided. I'm disappointed that you felt your experience was not up to par. Our goal is your 100% satisfaction and I'm sorry that we failed to achieve this in your visit. I do appreciate your comments as it gives us an opportunity to improve upon our quality and services.

If you are back in the area in the future, feel free to reach out to me directly. I would be happy to handle your reservation personally, to ensure you are provided with the exceptional stay you deserve.

Matthew L. Ives