“Park and Fly”

GreenLeadersGold level
Glen Ellen, CA
“Park and Fly”
Reviewed January 29, 2014

We were pleasantly surprised by the size and quality of this hotel. Our primary focus when staying at an airport hotel is the quality of the room. This includes cleanliness, efficiency and noise level of the air conditioner, and comfort of the bed. The Doubletree delivered on all that and more. The other primary consideration is the airport shuttle. This one ran every 15 minutes as opposed to most that run every half hour. The hotel was much larger than we expected. There are two restaurants and a decent looking bar. We had already eaten dinner so I only tried the breakfast place. The buffet selections did not look great so I ordered off the menu. Also not a lot of choices, but my Denver scramble was excellent. This will be our primary choice when flying out of San Jose Airport.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

MLIves, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton San Jose, responded to this review, January 31, 2014
GlenEllentraveler,

Thank you so much for positive comments about our hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back for future stays.

Safe Travels,
matthew.ives@hilton.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Reno, United States
Reviewed January 29, 2014

Not my best experience. Luke warm water to bathe in. A snippy receptionist. My coworkers placed a call for help that was never answered. The would love to have you think they are top of the line as long as they don't have to exert any effort to prove it.

Kathy P,

Thank you for feedback about your stay. I look forward to talk more over email about your stay. This is not the standard we have set for our team and I personal look forward to assisting you with your concerns. We hope to welcome you back on future stays.

Director of Front Office Operation
San Jose, United States
Reviewed January 28, 2014

I was the top bidder at a charity event on this one night stay at the Double Tree, which included credit for $75 for dinner at the hotel. It was a wonderful stay. The hotel is beautiful and the service was excellent. The dinner and service was excellent, however, it was expensive.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Susan R,

We are so glad to hear you enjoyed your Dinner in Spencer's and your stay with us. Personal, Spencer's is one of my favorite places to eat in the area. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Belle Fourche, South Dakota, United States
Reviewed January 28, 2014

The room was a decent size and beds were comfortable. The maid didn't come the second day we were there? We were a little late leaving the room but were out of there by 12. I don't travel too much the last couple years so maybe this isnt unussual, but I have never been charged to park my car at the hotel I was staying at. Beings so I thought charging me $19 a night to park was ridiculous. This is to park in a lot that is not close to the front doors. Then when I get to the room I pay $14.95 for internet access for 3 days to find out it is only good for one device. Just too bad about the extra charges. $120 a night for a regular double room is not cheap. Didn't expect to have to pay another $72 for things I ussually get for free.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Angie L,

Thank you for your honest review of your recent stay with us. I apologize for your housekeeping experince. I will be sure to follow with our housekeeping manager to ensure this does not happen during future stays with us.

At our hotel, we like to provide a personalized experience for each of our guests, but also look for ways to keep costs low while providing comfort and convenience. We appreciate your feedback and we’ll keep it in mind as we work to make our services better.

Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed January 27, 2014

Very comfortable hotel that offers value for money. The staff is very helpful and goes out of their way to make your stay an unforgettable one. Communication is also very good with free Wi-Fi internet access. Good and quiet location conducive to business or leisure.

San Jose, United States
Reviewed January 27, 2014

Spencers was the highlight of the trip. Wonderful restaurant for lunch. The dinner portions (and a la carte nature) was less desireable, but tasty nonetheless. Rooms were spacious and comfortable. The but...... comes in for the location of the hot tub. Rather than a secluded area, the hot tub is located directly beneath the large windows of the public hallway connecting the front lobby with the elevators. (NOT a private location at all) DoubleTree may want to think about putting some privacy shades over these windows to allow hot tub users some privacy.

Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed January 26, 2014

I've stayed at this location for work maybe 8 times over the last 2 years and I would summarize all the stays the same: not bad enough to move further away from work and not good enough to ever be excited about staying again. The bottom line is the hotel is very old and never been through a full renovation from what I can tell. Everything is perfectly serviceable, but if you are a fan of the Wynn in Vegas and the Hyatt everywhere else, staying here is going to feel dirty, dark and uncomfortable. For example, I would not feel comfortable doing sit ups or pushups on the floor in the rooms. Maybe an odd/stupid point to make, but it is hard to summarize what I mean by "serviceable" -- it isn't disgusting and isn't crystal clean and new... it's right in the middle. If this kind of thing doesn't bother you at all, you really can't beat the location and compounded with the kind of traffic you run into in SJC, the closer you can get to work the better. The service staff and Spriggs for breakfast are always friendly and good, no issues there. If you are traveling for work, it is a great fit. If you are traveling for pleasure though, I can't imagine why you would stay here; the facilities are really geared towards business travelers getting in/out and not for pleasure.