“Many Times, Always a Happy Stay ! Great Food Area.”

DoubleTree by Hilton San Jose
Ranked #17 of 75 Hotels in San Jose
GreenLeadersGold level
Los Angeles, California
“Many Times, Always a Happy Stay ! Great Food Area.”
Reviewed June 20, 2013

Wow,

I have stayed here so Many times, the Hotel is always Clean, the staff Great, with a Ton of Hockey Kids here at Turkey Day, so dont go then if you want no kids around, but they prove nice,
and a credit to kiddome most times i have seen.

Real Nice Facility, nice pool area, the BK Buffet is Awesome in the AM. ASK WHEN,.

You Just cant find a nicer Friendly spot, the area is nice, a little plane noise,
you dont notice inside at all.
Food in the area is Unreal, check around, the mexican place down the street, with huge
fireplaces to service 2 rooms, is real good.

Real close to San Francisco, yet away enough to enjoy the rest !!

YEP Try this Place, you Will be Happy, I was Many Times for years !!

Thanks Ritchie H.

Room Tip: Higher floors are quieter, but we never had a bad room, changed from smoking once.
Green Features: Nice Grounds, nice trees and bushes, real Green Location, get a lot of rain, nice and fresh air.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Reviewed June 20, 2013

Normally Doubletree Hotels are nice properties but this one is worn out and in dire need of a face lift. The shower never got hot water, the carpets is dated and warn as are the rooms. One positive is the comfort of the king size bed. Great location, near the San Jose airport

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
MLIves, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton San Jose, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Nick C,

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay. We're so glad to hear that you found our beds to be comfortable and the location to be great! We are, however, very sorry you were unhappy with the condition of your room. We appreciate your feedback, and will keep your comments in mind while we work to improve our guest experience. We hope you’ll stay with us again soon if your travels bring you back to our area.

Matthew L. Ives
Director of Front Office Operations

Travelers are raving about these San Jose hotels

Monterey, United States
Reviewed June 18, 2013

I Always enjoy staying at this property, their staff is great and its located close to downtown. My family enjoys using their facilities such as the pool, gym and above all we love the staff. They answer every question we have and always accommodate to our needs. Thank you!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Grass Valley, United States
Reviewed June 16, 2013

My granddaughters and I were traveling to San Diego and used the park and fly at the Hilton. Very reasonable! Our room was beautiful, staff excellent and HONEST!! We left my carry on sitting on the sidewalk when we returned and drove all the way to Tracy before we realized it. My granddaughters Mac laptop was inside! The staff had it safely stored in the security office until we picked it up the next day!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Colorado, United States
Reviewed June 15, 2013

1. I do not see the benefits of becoming a gold member as my upgrade requests can't be fulfilled for the most part. 2. No recognition as a Gold Member from the front desk. 3. No recognition as a regular client who has been staying at the same hotel for the past few months. 4. Inconsistent treatment from staff: as a Corporate rate, I should receive breakfast coupon. There was times that the front desk did NOT give me the breakfast coupon as according to them I set up my HHilton profile as "wanting/accumulating more points" that disqualify me from getting the breakfast coupon. 5. Even though each staff is friendly, I have to rate that I have poor service and value due to all points I mentioned above. 6. PLEASE NOTE: STAFF CAME INSIDE MY ROOM EVEN THOUGH I HAVE "DO NOT DISTURB SIGN" RIGHT OUTSIDE THE DOOR. I WILL MAKE MORE AGGRESSIVE APPROACH IF I SEE THIS INCIDENT OCCURS IN THE FUTURE.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

1 Thank Aubrey M
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed June 11, 2013

I stayed in the San Jose Double Tree for a week in April for Business. I like the hotel and enjoyed my stay.

The hotel is located just off the 101 freeway, near the airport. Across the street is the Matrix Casino, there is a Denny’s restaurant a short drive away, but there are no other immediate restaurants/shops in the area.

The hotel is very large. It’s surrounded by the parking lot. Parking is $18 per day for self park, and $24 per day for valet. There is a nice size gym on the property with lots of cardio machines and a barbell rack. There is also a nice outdoor pool and jacuzzi in the center of the hotel. There is the “2050" bar and lounge in the lobby, and two restaurants; “Springs” coffee shop, and “Spencers” Steakhouse & Chops.

There is also a crazy expensive gift shop, a small business center with 2 computers and a printer in the lobby with no privacy, and a UPS Store. There is free WIFI in the lobby areas, and the signal is strong. All of the staff were very friendly and professional. You also get a delicious hot chocolate chip cookie upon check-in.

The room was very large, well maintained and nicely decorated. The bed and pillow were very comfortable. The room has a large flat screen HD TV with free HBO and PPV. It also has a comfy chair, desk, iron/board, and coffee maker. It does not have a refrigerator, microwave or safe. The room had WIFI with a strong signal. It is free for Gold Members.

The bathroom was medium sized, with a separate sink/make-up area. It shows a little wear, but it’s well maintained. There is also a low/high flush toilet to help conserve water.

I ate at breakfast at the Springs coffee shop each morning. The buffet is $18 and includes; fruit, cereals, breads, coffee/juice, eggs, bacon/sausage, potatoes, hashbrowns. The food was good, but nothing special.

This was a good business hotel, and I would enjoy staying here again. I would recommend this to my family and friends.

Green Features: They have low/high flush toilets to help conserve water.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank SNAFU23
Omaha, Nebraska
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1,597 helpful votes
Reviewed June 11, 2013

The DoubleTree in San Jose, CA is a brisk 4-5 minute drive from the airport. Check in was very smooth and efficient. My room was on the fourth floor and had two queen beds. The room was clean and the bed and pillows were just firm enough. The balacany faced the highway so not much to like there. There was an outdoor pool that provided several tables and chairs. The ftiness center offered both free weights and machine weights. There is plenty of cardio equipment for use. There is a steak restaurant in the hotel. A fridge in the room would have been nice. The cable TV was okay but it took the channels a long time to appear after flipping through the channels. Updates couled be made to the decor but overall, I would recommend staying here again. Staff is friendly and went out of their way to provide us rides on the shuttle to breakfast and the airport.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business