DoubleTree by Hilton San Jose
$319
Hyatt Place San Jose/Downtown(San Jose)(Great Value!)
$151
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Hampton Inn & Suites San Jose(San Jose)(Great Value!)
$139
$125
Best Western Lanai Garden Inn & Suites(San Jose)(Great Value!)
$135
Dolce Hayes Mansion(San Jose)(Great Value!)
$229
$208
$299
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Courtyard by Marriott San Jose Airport(San Jose)(Great Value!)
$289
Courtyard
La Quinta Inn & Suites San Jose Airport(San Jose)(Great Value!)
$159
The Westin San Jose(San Jose)(Great Value!)
$207
  • Restaurant
$289
Travelocity
2,171 results
All reviewsdouble treecookiessushi barclose to the airportexecutive floorrooms are largeper daysjc airportsilicon valleyshuttle servicesprigconferencefreewayconveniencestarbuckseventproximity
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 30, 2012

We stayed here for 4 nights for a youth hockey tournament. Although there were a large number of tweens and teens staying together, the hotel is so big, with different wings and 10 floors, that we never really heard anyone at all. I don't know when I've been in such a quiet hotel room, and we stay in a fair number of hotels as a family. Our maid service was excellent- everyone was friendly, polite, and smiling. The beds were comfortable and the room was spacious and clean. My husband used the fitness room and thought it was the best he has seen in similar hotels. The only drawbacks were not having a microwave or refrigerator in the room, and that the heater didn't seem to work very well. Also, we had free parking and breakfast included in our group rate, but I would probably not be willing to pay their listed rates for those. Finally, although my experience with the front desk staff was fine, I did have some problems with communication by phone, and my husband had some problems with the people at the front desk being unhelpful and inattentive.

Room Tip: Apparently some rooms have microwaves and mini-fridges, and others don't, so if you want that you should request it.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank KdeBz
Reviewed December 19, 2012

Business trip in December. The staff is very friendly and accommodating, and the room was beyond roomy. My selected room wasn't available, so I was placed in a 9th floor suite. It was huge. Seriously, you could fit 2.5 Embassy Suites rooms in this place. There was a deep tub and shower stall, bathroom, fridge & microwave; in addition to the living/dining room and bedroom. All furnishings were comfortable and elegant, from the downy comforter to the decorative tiles in the shower stall.
There are only two nits: parking and the '70's decor.
Parking is a complicated mess if you're arriving late (or early in the morning) from a flight at next-door SJC. (No airport noise, though.) There's paid parking in the lot, but guests get their ticket validated for their stay. That's not really clearly marked in the parking lot, and you need to mention it to the desk staff, but once you get the hang of it it works fine.
The room and general hotel decor, however, is a few decades out-of-date. There's a preponderance of dark, deeply-grained wood and gold/brown carpeting. While not overbearing, the decor could clearly use an update. Besides, carpeting is kind of a challenge with some rolling suitcases.
There's a "club level" on the 9th & 10th floors, but it's nothing particularly special. A lounge area with sodas and a few snack products is what it consists of.
Overall, I'd recommend the hotel for business travel. The exercise room is well-appointed, the rooms are spacious, and the location is perfect.

Reviewed December 18, 2012

We stayed one night in this hotel.
We chose to stay here mainly due to its proximity to the San Jose Airport. There is a shuttle service which worked very well for us. We could call the driver at any time and he would come and pick us up within 15 minutes. The room was spacious, clean and comfortable. The service was good.
It seemed like there was an event on the night that we stayed there as there was a lot of people at the bar, chilling in the lobby and dancing in a small club. The lobby was therefore really noisy when we got there. However from our room we didn't hear any noise, so we had a good night sleep.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 17, 2012

Hotel rates drop on Sunday nights, so we took advantage of a low rate and booked this hotel for one night. It is a very large, somewhat older property with large conference facilities, restaurants, a large pool, and very close to the San Jose airport. The staff were very friendly at check in and check out. The room was clean and much larger than average. Also nice that it has a small balcony and sliding glass door so you can get fresh air (I hate the hermetically sealed hotels with non-opening windows.) We asked for a room over the pool, which is probably much quieter than the rooms which open towards the freeway. The amenities are all nice and the bed comfortable. Now, a couple suggestions Doubletree: Dispense with the in-room coffee makers and simply have free coffee downstairs. Those single or double cup coffee makers make horrible coffee, involve too many little packettes, and probably cost a lot to maintain. Fire up the coffee pot in the lobby and let your guests know there is fresh brew in the lobby....I'd much rather walk to the lobby to get a better cup of coffee than deal with the plastic coffee maker. Two: $18.00 to park a car? Where do you think we are, San Diego? You have acres of parking, why ding guests $18.00 for non-valet parking? To me, an added fee like that comes across as a gouge. It this was San Francisco where parking is measured in minutes and twenty dollar bills, I'd expect it. But this is the first hotel I've encountered in the South Bay that requires payment for parking. I didn't have enough time to visit the restaurants or health club, so I can't comment on those. Overall, the hotel is a nice property and when your rates are in my budget (apparently Sunday's) I'll be happy to stay here again.

Room Tip: Pick a room over the pool
Reviewed December 9, 2012

I stayed two nights at this hotel during a conference in Mountain View. It is ultra convenient to the airport and the shuttle runs on demand which is great. It is less than 5 minutes from airport to the hotel. Check-in was quick and courteous. My room was a little outdated in terms of decor but was very, very clean. Bed was comfortable and there were plenty of pillows. There was a large flat-screen TV with an abundance of channels. Also, my bathroom had the standard weak hair dryer, but there was a stronger "real" hair dryer hanging in a bag on the bathroom door. I pre-ordered breakfast room service for one morning and the room-service arrived on time, warm and tasty. I also needed the bellman's help in getting a cab on a rainy morning and the guys out the front of the hotel did everything they could to get me a cab when there were none anywhere! I also ate in the sushi restaurant. Food was ok, but service was excellent. In sum, the location, cleanliness and service of this hotel far make-up for any shortcomings in terms of being a little older and not as hip. I would recommend this hotel and would definitely stay there again.