“Nice Hotel, Nice Staff!!!!”

Four Points by Sheraton San Jose Airport
Ranked #29 of 75 Hotels in San Jose
San Francisco
“Nice Hotel, Nice Staff!!!!”
Reviewed July 6, 2010

I stayed at the Radisson hotel because I needed to park my car and fly out the next day. The hotel staff was quite helpful with my questions about the shuttle and location of the airport. The sleeping room was clean and the sleep number beds were an unexpected upgrade. I woke up at 5am in the morning, grabbed a USA Today, muffin and coffee and I was on my way. Nice hotel!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Wisconsin
Reviewed April 27, 2010

I stayed 4 nights at the Radisson Plaza Hotel San Jose Airport. The staff was friendly and always helpful. The hotel is showing wear but is clean and well kept. The King room was spacious, clean and up to date. Flat screen TV had some issues but maintenance fixed it with little delay. Bed has a Sleep Number mattress which I am not a big fan of, but I slept well. Sliding glass door in my 5th floor room was poorly sealed letting in some road noise and unseasonably cool air when working at the desk. But the road noise wasn't terrible. Restaurant and bar in lobby (which I did not try). Free Not-So-High-Speed wireless internet (11mbps). Sufficient. Plug in LAN did nothing to improve the speed. Good exercise facilities. Shuttle service. Great value for the internet price of less than 100 dollars per night. Several places to eat within walking distance. Take the shuttle or taxi downtown for some really good restaurants.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
Huskies04
Reviewed March 19, 2010

Average describes this hotel well. We were in town for the NCAA tournament and wanted to stay near the airport and be walking distance from the lightrail train to get to the games at HP Pavilion downtown. We were only able to go to one game so we were litterally getting into town, going to the game, going to the hotel to sleep late at night and getting up early to fly back home. So all we wanted was somewhere to get a decent sleep. And we did. Beds were comfortable. The rooms decorating was horribly out of date. But it was clean. The building overall could use some remodeling. But we got a good deal on the price, so we certainly weren't expecting anything amazing. The people at the checkin desk were very helpful and courtious. And the free shuttle to and from airport is nice. I would recommend this hotel if you are only staying a night or two like we were. But if you are on an extended stay, then this probably isn't the place for you.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends
New York
Reviewed January 26, 2010

Traveled with family that included a todller. We arrived early evening and asked for a quiet room. When we reached the room we discovered it to be in front of the vending and ice machines. Returned to the front desk and were provided another one.

Later the evening noticed the carpet was getting wet around the AC/heater. Next morning, the carpet was soaking wet and basically could not walk on one side of the bed. When we left the room that day we notified the front desk and asked for it to be repaired. Returned late at evening to find that more water has leaked and no repairs were performed. Wnt down to the front desk and it just happen that the maintenance request log was on their desk with our requestm, first of the day not solved while tweny other various ones done. I indicated that due to health hazard we will not sleep another night in a room with carpet soaking wet and requested a replacement. We were given a comparable room.

However when we reached the room the carpet was also wet around the heater. Returned for one more time to the front desk and were provided with a suite. By the time we left the hotel several days later, one of the two heaters in the room was also leaking.

Overall, in 48 hours we changed 4 rooms, of which three had heating units that were leaking into the carpet. None of our requests seem to have triggered a response and from what I see in other reviews, such leaks happened before. All rooms had furniture that has seen better days. The sleep number bed in the last room was not working. The hotel had reasonable parking. They claimed coffee is in the lobby from 6:30 until 10. I never saw it beyond 9:15.

It is my feeling that this hotel is trying to cut corners, and at this rate will continue to drop in quality. We paid a very low price that have made it a 2 star. This is where I would rate it.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank stefanelNewYork

Travelers are raving about these San Jose hotels

California
Reviewed January 4, 2010

I stayed at the hotel for a week, because my conference was on-site. The room smelled a little strange, but was clean. The general feel of the hotel is outdated. After a couple nights, I got the sleep-number bed dialed in and it was comfortable. There's a bowling alley next door and a decent Mexican restaurant next to that, which was convenient. They were doing construction on my floor, so it was pretty cold in the hallways and the room temperature was erratic.

Overall, it was a decent stay, but I probably wouldn't stay there again. This place definitely needs a renovation. It has seen it's glory and is starting to slide down.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
Los Angeles
Reviewed December 20, 2009

Booked this hotel through Hotwire and was extremely disappointed with the service. First, the room I was given was on the first floor near vending/ice machines. When I asked for a different room, I was told none other were available but that clearly was untrue. My room had no towels when I checked in. They advertise that there is a mini fridge in each room but mine had none. On second day of my stay, when I left in the morning I put the sign on the door requesting housekeeping make up the room. When I returned at 3:30 the room was not made up. All in all a really poor quality hotel that I would not recommend to anyone.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled solo
ca baby
Reviewed October 23, 2009

Free parking is a plus. They have a parking structure you can go into when there are lots of people at the hotel. The fitness center is another thing I liked with cardio equipment and a few weight machines. I wish the hotel offered some sort of free breakfast. The rooms are basic and if you like sleep number beds, you will enjoy that feature. I had problems with my key more than once and I think they need to upgrade something on their doors. That became very inconvenient but still the room did the trick for a couple nights.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business