“Excellent stay”

Four Points by Sheraton San Jose Airport
Ranked #28 of 75 Hotels in San Jose
“Excellent stay”
Reviewed July 31, 2014

After a disaster of a situation at a different hotel earlier in the evening, we made a last minute reservation. We found the hotel easily enough and it's less than 2 miles from the airport which made it very convenient for us. Check in was quick and friendly. We were on the fourth floor and although the hall carpet was a little dated, the room was great. It did look recently remodeled with a very comfortable king bed, new bathroom fixtures and a comfy chair to relax in. We didn't have any issue with room noise or quality of the room.

We went down and had a drink to relax. We found the bartender Mike to be a knowledgeable and very easy going guy and we would highly recommend going down and having a good conversation with him, tip him well. Overall we had a great stay and would stay there again.

Room Tip: Room 405 was updated and very quiet.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank samandsteph210

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Austin, Texas
Reviewed July 29, 2014

I ended up at this hotel through Priceline. With a convention in town, most of the hotel rates were astronomical. I'm not exactly sure the room I stayed in qualified as a 3 star but at least the rate was decent.

The lobby has been newly renovated and the on-site restaurant was closed for remodeling. The check in was quick. You can definitely tell it's an older hotel as soon as you get to the elevators. Once on my floor, I could tell right away that our rooms were not part of the renovation. It was super dated and really did need to be refreshed. The size of the room was fairly small and the bathroom was seriously one of the smallest I had ever had in a hotel.

At check out, there was a sign saying that it was going to be converted to a Four Points property in the near future. I'm sure the renovations will make it a bit better, but do not recommend this place if you need to share the room with anyone other than yourself. At least the parking is free and it is close to the airport.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed July 25, 2014 via mobile

Newly remodeled rooms. Clean , comfortable bed. Towels were below average in quality and softness. Bathroom was so small you could barely turn around. Door would hit almost the toilet. Makes some Japanese hotels look good. I would recommend for a business trip. Do not recommend for family with children

• Stayed July 2014
Bakersfield, California
Reviewed July 15, 2014 via mobile

We did our research of hotels in San Jose. No hookers, homeless people begging, no bed bugs. This research took most of 1 day! We booked our stay a week in advance & arrived at 5pm. They said they had overbooked& we now had a room in Santa Clara! What?! They put us in a motel that was very old. The room smelled bad. There were bed bugs & homeless people in the parking lot. Are you kidding me? Why make plans, reservations, phone ahead, & have your confirmation in hand? We were among 6 others who were also "bumped"..bad business! The sad part is that there are very few places that are desirable in San Jose! Now I'm adding to my list, hotel booking competence!

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
4 Thank faslos

Travelers are raving about these San Jose hotels

Rialto, California
Reviewed July 8, 2014

My family and I stayed at this hotel for 5 days. I regret staying here. Yes, the prices are great but it is not worth it. There are so many things wrong with this hotel. First of all, when I went to check in at 2:35pm I had to wait until 3:00pm, even then I waited a while to get a room. I was constantly told, “I’m sorry for the wait” but kept switching for employee to employee. This is not even the worst part. I was given my room and it was the SMALLEST room I had ever been to. The beds were FULL and not queen. The room was so old fashioned and ugly I called the front desk. Yes they fixed the problem and sent me to a more "remodeled" room but the beds were still full sized! Although I was switched from the room, the room I was sent to was still small, in my eyes. I cannot remember the name of a gentleman that helped me, he had thick glasses and was tall, and he was very patient. That is the only thing I liked there, his customer service. There is only one entrance to your room, so you pass by the front counter everyday. The rooms do not have microwaves or refrigerators. I was brought one because I asked for one. The hotel did not have washer machines. I did not have ANYTHING I needed for my trip to be great. The final thing that got on my nerves is the fact that you cannot sleep. It's a busy street and all car activity can be heard through the night. I am upset; I wish my stay had been better. We were hardly ever in our room because we went to an event. If you have children, I highly recommend you stay elsewhere.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Gloria369
Reno, United States
Reviewed June 29, 2014

This hotel is in the middle of transitioning to a Four Points by Sheraton, which is expected to be completed by August 2014. The room I stayed in (fourth floor) looked to be recently remodeled and was very clean and larger than average, including a big desk and also an extra chair with a laptop table. Booked with a convention on a group rate for five nights, but most of the events were outside the hotel--still a bit expensive but this is expected for the San Jose area. Very nice climate control with a new digital thermostat on the wall, including a constant fan option to filter outside noise overnight, so sleep quality was very good. The bathroom sink drained slowly but that was fixed during the day after making a call to the front desk. Didn't eat at the hotel's restaurant but the hotel hosted a banquet dinner and the food was good. There is no free continental or hot breakfast which didn't matter to me this time since I was getting plenty of food elsewhere for this convention. Didn't use the pool or fitness center--not enough time to try them out.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank Mark D
Ukiah, California
Reviewed June 26, 2014

This hotel, from all appearances, is upscale. Initial impression is modern, attentive front desk staff, clean. Decent bar atmosphere and food served in bar. The only improvement in the bar area is for staff to pay less attention to each other and more to customers. Room was good sized. As a business-oriented hotel, it was extremely disappointing that there were only two outlets in the room to plug in our accessories. Couldn't reach the outlet for the coffee pot. Couldn't get to the one and only outlet under the desk. No outlets by the bedside tables. Good desk space, just no way to plug in anything. VERY frustrating. Good transportation to the airport.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business