“All because of the staff”

Four Points by Sheraton San Jose Airport
Ranked #28 of 75 Hotels in San Jose
Reviewed October 26, 2013

We were traveling to Hawaii and found this hotel online so we could utilize the park and fly . My mother developed cancer five years ago, and after her first round of treatments four years ago, we took her to Hawaii, our first time for all of us. Last year, just as she was going into surgery for a mastectomy, I promised her if she pulled through the surgery, we would take her again. SO I needed to find a park and fly for the trip.
Not being familiar with San Jose, we had a little problem finding the hotel, because the name had changed, and we got in late, I had called to let them know we would be coming in late, and the young man I talked to gave us directions and said not to worry.

My review rating is actually based on the staff members we encounter, as, the hotel itself is probably a 3, to 3 1/2. The bed didn't work for me, and the rest of the room was good, but I was tired and nothing stood out as bad. The floor layout to get to our room was odd, but, what are you going to do?
I wish I could remember the lovely lady at the desk when we arrived, and the shuttle driver when we left, because they really did give us good service, but the one that really prompted me to write this review, was the great young man who was our shuttle driver on the trip back. His name was Rex, strapping young man of Samoan descent. He was a jewel the moment he picked us up at the airport. It was a long stressful trip back, my mom had even had a medical emergency in Hawaii and spent time in the hospital. (She has a wheel chair) Rex from the moment he picked us up, was professional, and very courteous, but also so very helpful and , even loving to my elderly mother, that it touched my heart. He handled her with such kindness, he went above and beyond, and I feel this young man deserves a promotion. I wish more people I dealt with were of such a personal caliber. My memories of this hotel are actually totally eclipsed by the service and care we received from this shuttle driver. I hope everyone realizes how important their position is, because of this driver, I love this hotel. To employ someone such as he, says something great about the establishment. Service does matter, no matter what your position. You may not even get paid what you or your service is worth, but you can make such an impact on a persons day and life by the service you give them. I truly wish Rex major success in his life and en devours. No, I have never met him before, and, sadly probably will never see him again. This review purely comes from the difference he made in our day, from just our one encounter.

2  Thank PrincessShaylee
AndyE803, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton San Jose Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2013

Thank you so much for your review and positive comments regarding Rex our shuttle driver. We will absolutely make it a point to recognize him for his efforts. We are very lucky to have a warm, caring and service friendly associate like him on our staff.

We hope your Mom is feeling better after her return and is continuing on the healing path. We greatly appreciate you sharing your wonderful experience and will go out of our way to keep employees like Rex happy and growing within our company.

Take care and we hope to see you again in the near future!

Reviewed October 24, 2013

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Sebastian C

Reviewed October 21, 2013

Great rooms, however, I protest any 3 star hotel like this one that nowadays won't install a latte machine, thus I have to drive off campus to find a Starbuck's or something. The restaurant menu frankly sucks for dinner as the choices are short and not tasty. Did I mention that the rooms are nice?

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

We were very sorry to hear that you did not like our menu options and lack of a latte machine. I will share your comments with our Food & Beverage Director. We do take your comments very seriously and will look into options regarding alternatives for our guests that need a boost in the morning. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and we were happy to hear that you though the rooms were nice.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel just because I had some work being done on my home. We arrived late got to the room which smelled or oil and cigarettes. The bathroom looked clean until I pulled back the shower curtain which was molded at the bottom and when I started to run the shower the water was a yellow/brown color! I was scared to even get in the shower (I ended up passing on my shower). It was midnight and I just needed some sleep. After pulling my sheets back to go to bed there is a BLOOD stain in the middle of the sheet. I called to the front desk where I got a very nasty and rude woman who answered. Her answer to the solution was "Housekeeping isn't here this late" There was no apology nor was I offered another room. After waiting an hour and a half HOUSEKEEPING brought me new sheets. I left early in the morning and went to the front desk to speak to a manager I was told they do not have a manager coming back until Tuesday and that they do not report to corporate since it's independently owned. After yet another rude staff member I was told I didn't have to stay there. I checked my bank statement and I was charged double for my room and two different rates. Was told that one of the charges and the deposit would be refunded in 3-5 business days! This was one of the worse places to stay and I would never recommend it to ANYONE! I work in the corporate world and I have reached out to the 4 different corporate travel departments and made them aware of my stay and this hotel has been pulled from ours and 3 other companies travel department directory lists. NEVER AGAIN!

Room Tip: Check your sheets before you lay your head down!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
AndyE803, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton San Jose Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2013

I would like to sincerely apologize for all of the issues that you recently encountered during your stay. This is absolutely not acceptable to have had to experience these challenges. After speaking with you last night I personally sat down with our entire housekeeping staff this morning and read them your comments. There just really is no excuse for the items you found in your room and the lack of service you experienced and I do not want to give you any. I just want to let you know that we will work hard to win your business back again.

I will be meeting with our front office staff this afternoon to ensure that the items you mentioned are addressed immediately. I will also personally address the associates that you spoke with to ensure that they understand the importance of listening and taking appropriate action in the future. Thank you for taking the time to speak with our Front Office Manager and myself. You have our commitment that we will make it right.

Reviewed October 13, 2013

Booked the hotel through price line for a one night stay previous to the San Jose Rock n Roll Half Marathon.

Check in was easy. Staff were really nice. Was able to add a late check out to let us return from the race and take showers before checking out.

The room was clean and spacious. No complaints there.

We didn't try the resturant on site but it looked trendy and had lots of patrons in it.

We'll consider staying here again if the need arises.

2  Thank Rahulm80
Reviewed October 12, 2013

I had to spend one night in San Jose between long distance flights and this hotel (formerly the Radisson airport hotel, I believe) proved to be a good, affordable option. The rooms were simple but clean. There is an airport shuttle available every 15 minutes or so, almost all day (the drive to the airport is less than 5 minutes) and the front desk was helpful with any questions I had.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank JustinTBrown
Reviewed October 9, 2013

Older hotel in need of updating but very friendly staff. They offer an airport shuttle and the facility was clean. If staying more than one day it is best to have a car and they offer free parking. I did not try the hotel restaurant or the pool/fitness room. They are next door to a bowling alley and diner and there looked to be a few places within walking distance for dining. I opted to drive a few minutes away to Japantown area of SJ for dinner when I was there. Rumor I heard from a staff member is that the hotel was purchased by hotel chain and would be renovated his fall. I would stay here again due to reasonable price and proximity to SJC.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo