“Radisson San Jose”

Ranked #29 of 75 Hotels in San Jose
Lake Forest Park, Washington
“Radisson San Jose”
Reviewed May 16, 2013

It appeared online that rooms in this hotel came with a refrigerator. When we arrived, there
was no refrigerator, and we were told that this was a $10.00 per day extra charge.
We agreed to the extra charge and a refrigerator was brought to our room. There was no
table to put the refrigerator on, so we used the coffee table to get it off the floor. There was
an old fish sandwich box left inside, and after the unit had been on for a while it was not
getting cold. They brought us another one, and also there was no microwave in our room,
so they brought us one of those as well.

The next day we were out of our room by 11:00 AM, without any "Do Not Disturb" sign on
the door, and when we returned at dinnertime, our room had not been made up. When I
called to check on this, I was told that the cutoff time to make up the rooms was 12:00, noon
and that there could be no "Do Not Disturb" sign on the door. I told the person that we
were out of our room by 11:00 AM, but did not even get a "sorry".

The following day we went down to the dining room for breakfast at 10:50 A.M. There was
a sheet in our room that said breakfast was served until 11:00 AM every day, and also
a sign in front of the restaurant that said breakfast served until 11:00 AM.
When we entered the restaurant, the host and manager had a conversation before aproaching us, and told us that we could not eat in the restaurant. They said the last seating was 10:50 AM. There were two other groups at tables seated at that time, finishing up breakfast,
but they said we would have to have everything boxed up and take it to our room to eat.
I asked why they had signs saying breakfast was served until 11:00 AM if the cutoff was
10:50 AM, but did not get an answer.

We took everything back to our room and tried to eat at the one chair and the desk.
We had a couch, but the coffee table was still holding the refrigerator and microwave.
At the same time the maid came in and was trying to clean, so at that point we were
tired of the poor service! We spoke to the front desk regarding the breakfast
timing, and they just said they would speak to the restaurant staff, but didn't offer
any alternatives. Front desk staff not very friendly.

We checked out immediately and went to the Best Western on Tully Road. They
couldn't have been nicer, and have a free breakfast with scrambled eggs, toast, sausage,
apples, bananas, oranges, yogurt, choices of cold cereal and milk, coffee, tea and juice
every morning until 9:30 AM. The actually leave everything out for you until 9:30!

Radisson lost three days of revenue for our rooms and potential meals had we stayed,
but didn't seem to care. Would not stay here again. They need to improve customer
service in a lot of areas.

We always stay at the Radisson Portland, Oregon Airport hotel, and love it! Night and day
difference from San Jose.

Forget the Radisson and try the Best Western in San Jose.

Room Tip: Best Western
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
San Francisco, California
Reviewed May 7, 2013

This is a really great hotel. Often when we are flying through San Jose we go for one of those cheap hotels nearby, figuring - it's just a night, who cares? Then we tried the Radisson. The hotel was beautiful and clean. The staff were really warm, friendly and helpful - they seemed like genuinely, happy people. The room had a special comfy bed - I can't remember what it was called. When I was booking I figured it was a dumb kind of gimmick. But wow! I had one of the best sleeps I can remember. And boy did we need it. Travelling is exhausting, right? I forget cause I think that I’ll just be sitting on a plane all day. But the packing and moving, hauling stuff, saying goodbye and hello to friends, and all that goes with travel... Well, seeing that bed at the end of it all and those lovely people on the desk was the best thing ever. We paid extra to stay at the Hilton in Oakland once, but it was nothing on this. The Radisson has an extra deluxe, an extra kind of comfort and shine - fluffier towels, softer sheets. Big fan.

Room Tip: Get the fancy bed! It's incredible!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank snakeroo
Ashland, Montana
Reviewed April 15, 2013

The Radisson San Jose Airport is an excellent facility for an event! The sales staff and catering staff went above and beyond our expectations! The rooms were clean and the housekeeping staff was very efficient and friendly! We had shuttle service from the airport that was on time and very helpful for our large group! The banquet rooms were easily accessible and very nice! We were very pleased with our experience!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Tegucigalpa, Honduras
Reviewed April 12, 2013

I landed at SJO, called the hotel, got transferred to the actual driver who told me where to go so he would pick me up in 10 minutes...then there he was, just as promised, friendly and helped with all my bags! Nice new and comfortable van. Great start.

At check in, recognized as club Carlson gold member, thanked for my loyalty, upgraded to business room on 5th floor. The room was standard size, a bit tight with two double beds, but seemed really new. No welcome amenity, but even better, received free breakfast coupons, but unfortunately I had an early flight so skipped it. Fortunately they set up coffee, apples, granola bars in lobby, so I appreciated that. Free wifi, it was good speed and never dropped. Close to airport, can only hear street noise when standing close to glass door, but in room it is quiet.

The sitting area in front of elevator on 5th floor has modern décor, a sink and two communal refrigerators.

Sleep number beds are always comfy. The only minor issue is that the AC was a little bit loud, but I slept through it. Lobby has free PC for internet and printing. Outside pool, and on site restaurant, did not eat there, but the place was packed during happy hour. Walked to the bowling alley next door, ate at diner, which was good for a diner. Nothing else walking distance around hotel, but ask shuttle driver and he will drop you off in vicinity. Next morning shuttle was quick and helpful with bags.
This is a business hotel, did not see any vacationers. Hotel is clean, functional and lobby and my room are new.

Short stay, property was nice. Would recommended if you want to be close to airport.

Room Tip: Get a room on 5th floor
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Lone Tree, Colorado
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We stayed here on Air Miles points one night when on our way somewhere else. The gym was great. The pool was OK, if small. The lobby area was lovely, but the corridors and rooms were older, dark and uninviting. Thin walls didn't block noise. I'd go elsewhere if I needed to be in that area again. There are many other options nearby.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Sacramento, California
Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

Standard hotel, didn't expect much. Guest computer was out of order. Bed was great. Could not believed that I was woken up by a loud leaf blower blowing constantly for 20 minutes on Sunday at 9:00am.
I called the front desk and the response was I guess the maintenance is doing their job.
She did say I will get him to stop but after 20 minutes I guest everyone on the pool side had been rudely wakened up. What a way to treat your guest.

• Stayed April 2013
2 Thank amydavin
AndyE803, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton San Jose Airport, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
We feel so bad that one of our staff members would wake you up in that way. Please accept my sincere apologies for the rude awakening. I have spoken to the Front Desk and Maintenance staff members to ensure this never happens again. It seems that our staff was so focused on getting a job done that they did not consider how it would effect our guests. We used your comments as a learning tool to ensure that all of our employees consider how their jobs will impact guest satisfaction. We also wanted to let you know that the computer in our lobby has been repaired.

We greatly appreciate you bringing these issues to our attention as it helps us improve service for everyone. Thank you for staying with us and again my apologies for the early morning wake up.

Andy Evers

Travelers are raving about these San Jose hotels

Boulder, Colorado, United States
Reviewed March 28, 2013

I was out here for a couple of nights for a training session and they were able to get good rates at the Radisson. It's close to the airport, but as others have said it's a little off by itself (more of an industrial area feel). My room was clean and the bed was nice, but the heater definitely needs to be replaced. It's one of those rooms without a thermostat and the heater sounded like a very loud car idling. Luckily, I had ear plugs and was ok. The other thing beyond the room that I usually make use of is the fitness room. The fitness room was small and had very little fitness equipment. For another $30/night I could have stayed at a better place within a mile away. Next time I will.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business