“Showing it's age”

Four Points by Sheraton San Jose Airport
Ranked #29 of 75 Hotels in San Jose
Reviewed March 28, 2013

I was out here for a couple of nights for a training session and they were able to get good rates at the Radisson. It's close to the airport, but as others have said it's a little off by itself (more of an industrial area feel). My room was clean and the bed was nice, but the heater definitely needs to be replaced. It's one of those rooms without a thermostat and the heater sounded like a very loud car idling. Luckily, I had ear plugs and was ok. The other thing beyond the room that I usually make use of is the fitness room. The fitness room was small and had very little fitness equipment. For another $30/night I could have stayed at a better place within a mile away. Next time I will.

1  Thank Jeff R
There are newer reviews for Four Points by Sheraton San Jose Airport

Reviewed March 11, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is clean and average. This is a complement these days. The hotel manager is very customer driven and goes out of the way to help
A bit far from downtown, but close to airport. Not much within walking distance. Right next door to car rentals. No planes noise inside.

• Stayed: January 2013
2  Thank mendcorp
Reviewed March 9, 2013

I can't even review this hotel as acceptable for simple overnight business stays unfortunately. The hotel, while close to the airport, is in an industrial and bit shady area. There really isnt much in the near vicinity for dining either. The foyer is nice, but unfortunately the rooms were a great disappointment. I didn't have the upgraded beds that other reviewers had, but it wasn't an uncomfortable bed. But the heater was a huge problem, when i turned up the heat and the fan was so incredibly loud it was like being in a room with a printing press. I had to make the decision to be warm and not sleep or be cold and sleep. Lets just say I was exhausted the next day. On my first morning, the wall mounted hair dryer came off the wall, and when returning to my room that night they didn't even fix it when they cleaned the room. The bathroom walls also had mold, see pictures. Not much more to say really.

2  Thank bchgrrrl
Christopher B, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton San Jose Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2013

We were very sorry to hear about your recent stay. We have immediately placed the room you stayed in out of order until the issues with the heating unit, hairdryer and condition of the bathroom are addressed. I would like to sincerely apologize that our staff placed this room available to sell, this absolutely should not have happened. Please know that the challenges you experienced will be addressed with our staff and management to ensure this does not occur in the future.

We will reach out to you directly to ensure you are compensated for the experience you had. While I know this does not excuse or fix the challenges, we hope it will show you how important your business is to us.

Thank you for bringing these issues to our attention.

Reviewed March 8, 2013

The hotel has a few nice areas that give a clue to what it may have been at one time. Overall, however, the feel of the place was a little worn. My room was clean and relatively quiet so all-in-all it was a good stay. Compared to some other Radissons though, it just felt a notch or two down.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your recent review, we wanted you to know that we do appreciate the honest feedback. I will be sure to share your comments with our staff and managers. I am sure there are ways that we can help with the perception of the hotel being "a little tired". While we may not be the newest hotel in the area we will work harder to offer the best service. We are in the process of some upcoming renovations that we know will help to improve the look and feel of the hotel.

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience!

Reviewed March 5, 2013

I stay at this hotel often when travelling to San Jose. Although I usually am only here over-night before flying out of SJC, I never stay anywhere else. Not only are the rooms quite and have Sleep Number beds, but the restaraunt RSVP 44 has great food and the prices are even better. Great value for the money.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Mike C
Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

Front desk was very nice and registration went very fast.I had a sleep number bed and was great to try it out.my only complaint was found out very late after checking in that my sliding door did not lock but since I was on an upper floor it did not matter that much.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank czechpr
Reviewed February 23, 2013

Stayed here for a week while in the area for a training course. Initial impressions were of a clean and modern hotel and the check-in staff were efficient and polite.

The room was a little dated decor-wise but well-equipped, clean and comfortable. Free wifi was available and was generally quite usable. The bar was pretty good and the bar staff friendly and helpful. Food was nothing spectacular but there's plenty of options nearby.

When I checked out the reception staff were very helpful and booked me a cab into Mountain View.

All in all - very happy with this hotel and would definitely use again if in the area.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
San Jose Airport Inn
#49 of 75 in San Jose
Holiday Inn San Jose - Silicon Valley
DoubleTree by Hilton San Jose

Been to Four Points by Sheraton San Jose Airport? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Four Points by Sheraton San Jose Airport

Address: 1471 N 4th St, San Jose, CA 95112-4716 (Formerly San Jose Airport Hotel)
Location: United States > California > San Jose
Bar / Lounge Beverage Selection Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
#18 Business Hotel in San Jose
Price Range: $124 - $394 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3 star — Four Points by Sheraton San Jose Airport 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Four Points by Sheraton San Jose Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Radisson San Jose Airport Hotel San Jose