“Excellent customer service, great room!”

Four Points by Sheraton San Jose Airport
Ranked #29 of 75 Hotels in San Jose
Singapore, Singapore
“Excellent customer service, great room!”
Reviewed August 1, 2012

I stayed there for 6 nights as I was attending a conference in Doubletree by Hilton. The experience of customer service at the front desk and the shuttle service was wonderful. The staff were helpful, friendly and patient. They were also prompt in answering my email queries prior to my stay on issues for holding shipped items for me before I arrived and also for early checked in.

I was greeted with a great looking French lux lobby on the top floor when I came out of the lift. The room was beautiful and clean and spacious. No doubt that the tv cabinet and couch seemed old but thought that they were just classic American style.

Had great sleep as the mattress was neither too hard nor too soft and so I didn't see the need to make use of the sleep number feature of the mattress.

The hotel was also kind enough to drop me off at the Doubletree for the mornings that I needed to be at conference as it was on the way to the airport. Just tipped the driver a little. The shuttle always leave on time whenever I needed it.

There are also a number of food places within short walk from the hotel, which includes Denny's, so it's considered conveniently located.

Will come back again!

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank Victoria900

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
San Jose, CA
Reviewed July 29, 2012

While most airport properties offer the average and/or standard service and amenities, the Radission Hotel San Jose Airport offers its travelers and guests extraordinary value for the currency. I have personally seen this property improve within a decade span. The recent renovation gives the property a fresh, modern, green and eco-friendly yet global look and feel to it while the new management style complements that of a veteran hotel operator knowledgeable of the needs of the traveling public. Further, I have observed that the hotel staff members are empowered to carry through any guest request(s) in a very efficient manner. They have shown their ability to anticipate, understand and ultimately adapt and exceed guest(s)' expectations. Although I have only stayed twice at this property, I can honestly say that the level of SERVICE that I have experienced has been consistent and positive on both occasions. First and foremost on my list is the level of service from ALL hotel and/or hospitality staff members. As I am very critical about this aspect of my review, I am happy to share that this particular property rates A++ for overall warmth, attention to detail, sense of urgency and courtesy, anticipation of and exceeding guest(s)' expectations, friendliness, caring attitude and the like. Objectively, when the leadership and/or management is coming from a hospitality professional background, one can appreciate a BIG difference on how guests are treated vs a property managed by a non-hospitality-related operator. As a travel and tourism professional, I have been in and out of airport properties that barely offer the minimum requirement just so travelers are provided a bed to sleep in and a bathroom facility to avail of for the night. Well, this airport property certainly lives up to its airport proximity and convenience factor category plus offers so much more. So, if you are traveling in and around the Silicon Valley area for business or pleasure, make certain to find yourself at the Radisson Hotel San Jose Airport for an exceedingly pleasant stay!

Room Tip: ADDED VALUE: Happy Hour upon Check-In and/or Arrival/Sleep Number Bed and Comfortable Pillows for a...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank ABC00747
Arroyo Grande, California
Reviewed July 29, 2012

After reading some reviews in this place, we was a little hesitant to stay here, but once we checked in we wondered if we were in the same hotel as some of the other reviewers. Our check in was fast efficient and pleasant. The guy didn't try to chat us up, but was pleasant. The room upon entry was clean and bright. The room had two comfortable double beds, one night stand, one desk, a tv armoir with a dated, but functional tv, and a small, but updated bathroom. Although the hairdrier in the bathroom did sputter and stop working for my wife. The location was not the best but close to the airport if that's what you're here for. We were a little uneasy walking from the parking garage to the hotel as the bowling ally next door was a little seedy. The bottom line is yes I would stay here again and would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2012
boston
Reviewed July 29, 2012

Visited San Jose on a recent business trip and the only hotel available was the San Jose Airport Radisson. The hotel is what you would expect from an airport Radisson.

The good: bed was comfortable, strong wi fi access, convenient location to the high tech companies around San Jose. The food in the bar was really good.

The bad: Everything in the room was old, dated and beaten up. This includes all the furniture, rugs and bathroom. There was no in room safe which has become a necessity when traveling. The front desk was slow, and generally only had one person working, always a line. The swimming pool placed towels out on the tables, but they were small hand towels, useless for drying yourself off.

All in all, the hotel served its purpose, I was able to get a good nights sleep, but it is old and in need of updating from top to bottom.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Bay Area, Ca
Reviewed July 24, 2012

I very much enjoyed my Bastille Day stay at this hotel. It was in a great location vis-a-vis the airport and freeways. Just a few minutes to Santana Row where we had a wonderful dinner at the Left Bank and caught Woody Allen's latest (unfortunately not his best by any means). The staff at this Radisson were knowledgeable about the area and very helpful.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 23, 2012

Our family of 4 stayed here one night on the way home from Hawaii. I chose it because of its proximity to the airport and free shuttle. When we arrived, we were put in a room with a king bed, after requesting 2 beds. They sent one roll away up, which is still not enough for 4 of us. They told us they were sold out that night and couldnt put another roll away in the room because of fire codes. The bed - a sleep number- was very uncomfortable ( maybe because there were three of us sleeping in it?!?). The TV did not work properly- several stations had no sound, static, or just did not come it- and the room was just tired. Very dated and dark.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Christopher B, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton San Jose Airport, responded to this review, July 25, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments regarding you stay. We strive to provide excellent service and quality of product. I will speak with my staff as to why we were not able to provide you with a room that included 2 double beds and I have already spoken to my engineer about the TV having several channels that did not broadcast properly. I would like to to speak with you about this at some time in the future if given the opportunity. I hope to hear from you.

Best regards,

~Chris

Travelers are raving about these San Jose hotels

Canada
Reviewed July 21, 2012

The lobby was nice, I guess they tried to give the best impression they could.

The room lacked a fridge and I think the coffee maker was in the bathroom.

The staff was not bad, but not as friendly as other hotels we've visited.

Anyway, 3/5. No fridge. Too pricey for no fridge.

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple