Four Points by Sheraton San Jose Airport
Ranked #30 of 75 Hotels in San Jose
Reviewed December 11, 2011

do I think it was worth $100/nt? No way! Here are the pros and cons:
Pros: clean, comfortable, friendly staff, [I had an issue and it was fixed within 15 mins], nice lounge, easy access to airport and freeway

Cons: sliding glass door in room is not meant to be open therefore no way to get fresh air, no in room safe, coffee pot is in bathroom, not close to any restaurant.

There is a bowling alley next door with a coffee shop.

My sleep number bed did work but was very noisy when changing firmness.

This hotel did look a lot better than some other options around. Like I said it was clean and it fit my needs [a place to sleep] at the time.

• Stayed: December 2011

Reviewed December 10, 2011

I just left this hotel and marveled at what a negative impression one gets from the small things. I hadn't overnighted at this hotel since a front desk person was rude to me several years ago, but I've received Gold status at ClubCarlson (a courtesy match with Hilton and InterContinental) so I decided to give the Radisson another try, since they have great hotel in Europe. Overall, the stay was fine; the rate was $89 for a Friday night. I encountered 7 employees in my 19-hr stay and they were all exceptionally friendly and welcoming. Room Service was excellent, both dinner and breakfast. There was a lamp by the bed with enough light to read by.

I was given a bottle of water for my gold status (I guess it was for my gold status, maybe all rooms have them). When I asked about the perks for Club Carlson Gold at checkout, the desk told me I should have been upgraded to a suite last night. I kept the conversation going a bit, wondering if he'd do ANYTHING to correct the situation, but he made no effort. That in itself would have spelled the end of my interest in Radisson.

The negatives were small but added up: number bed didn't work, toilet ran unless I removed the lid and fiddled with the interior of the tank, the TV remote barely worked while sitting on the bed, the ice bucket leaked (sounds like nothing until you find a huge puddle of water on the bathroom floor at 3am). I'm booked at a Radisson in Basel, Switzerland in April so will be interested to see how things go. I really like the opportunity to book with a combination of points and cash and Hilton doesn't offer this.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank JSN
Reviewed December 5, 2011

I wouldn't have stayed at this hotel if it weren't the 50K points promotion.

I arrived at the hotel late in the evening. I was quite surprised to learn that the Hotel guests have to park at a dedicated parking garage so that the restaurant guests can park in the open spaces around the building. The garage was more than half full which indicates quite many guests, however, I see none in the lobby during my two days stay. Both the front desk and the RSVP 44 restaurants are severely understaffed.

The rooms are old. I chose the sleep number bed room, which was later proved to be a bad decision. The controller fob of the bed has very hard-to-press buttons, if the buttons ever worked. I ended up sleeping on a bed with dual firmness, and I can only make half use of the bed. The water pressure from the shower is very low (or they try to be very conservative on water). Cheap facial issues.

Overall, I wouldn't recommend this place unless the price is great and only one night is needed.

Room Tip: Double check the sleep number settings on the bed if you are a solo traveller.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed November 29, 2011

The hotel was in need of an updating, but the rooms were comfortable although the sleep number bed wasn't working as advertised. However, for the price ($60/night) I really can't complain too much.

Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 27, 2011

We stayed at the Radisson prior to a trip to HI in late Oct. and found the accommodations and parking to be very good. It is not the best hotel I have stayed in but the staff were friendly, helpful, and the Parking was indoors. All for under $100 for one night and 2 weeks parking. I read several other reviews and was a bit uncertain about going there but I would certainly go back with no hesitation. The only knock I can give them is that the shuttle service stops at 10:45 PM and we had to take a Taxi at 11:15 on the return trip. Taxi was $15. Not a big deal.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 16, 2011

The gentleman that checked me in had a horrible attitude. Its not a good impression when I'm in town on business looking for places to reccomend to our meeting planners. When I walked in the room, it felt like I had gome back in time. The multi color bed quilt, box tv, stained green floor, all decor actually, came from a 1960s decorator and the lobby was designed by someone looking to the future. Very confused. Doesnt look like the pics online AT ALL! Its $150 a night so at least try to make it nicer. Wont be back and will not recommend.

• Stayed: November 2011
Reviewed November 14, 2011

The Radisson San Jose Airport is generally ok. The room was comfortable and quiet but the maintenance level was not good - for example paint had flaked from various cabinets, the wall sockets were loose and some lightbulbs were missing - which led to a feeling of it being a little run down.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
DoubleTree by Hilton San Jose
Courtyard San Jose Airport
Courtyard San Jose Airport
#12 of 75 in San Jose

Been to Four Points by Sheraton San Jose Airport? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Four Points by Sheraton San Jose Airport

Address: 1471 N 4th St, San Jose, CA 95112-4716 (Formerly San Jose Airport Hotel)
Location: United States > California > San Jose
Bar / Lounge Beverage Selection Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
#18 Business Hotel in San Jose
Price Range: $104 - $383 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3 star — Four Points by Sheraton San Jose Airport 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Starwood, Priceline, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Four Points by Sheraton San Jose Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Radisson San Jose Airport Hotel San Jose