“This place is terrible! I will never come back!”

Motel 6 San Jose South
Ranked #61 of 75 Hotels in San Jose
“This place is terrible! I will never come back!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2013

What kind of motel that doesn't have blow dryers??? I travel a lot, been to many crappy motels and hotels but never ever seen a motel that doesnt carry hair blow dryers. This is a big con for me since i'm a woman with long hair. I was so certain all hotels have hair dryers so i didn't bring my own. Also, front desk clerk wasn't very friendly, i don't remember her name but she had a very obnoxious and pissed off look.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Sacramento, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2012

I've been up all night killing bed bugs (would've left but bf is staring new job in the morning & we're from a different area). I cannot believe there aren't more reviews about this problem!! I'm horrified. If you need more reasons as to why you should never stay here: NO hot water!; the room heater does not work (believe it or not, in mid-July it is a cold, cold night) so I called the front desk and they said there's nothing they can do about it (it's central supposedly - why is there a thermostat in the room then??), they didn't even offer an extra blanket; no amenities whatsoever, not even kleenex or crappy shampoo/conditioner combo, no coffee - nothing!; the area and people are super sketchy and extremely loud ALL night; it's stinky, dingy, gross, and tiny - even the TV is tiny. All this for 80 bucks a night...unbelievable.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank melissa m

Travelers are raving about these San Jose hotels

Fort Worth, TX
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2012

Checked into hotel with no issues, front desk staff was courteous. The non-smoking room was pretty shoddy and old looking and smelled like smoke but was just looking for a hot shower and bed. Went to take a shower and got only 3 minutes of hot water. The front desk staff was able to move us to a nicer smelling room with hot water.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Colusa, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2012

I've stayed at this Motel 6 quite a few times while in San Jose and I've never had a problem with it! The staff have always been plesant and helpful no matter what time of day or night I have arrived. It doesn't seem to be the greatest of areas, but they do have security guards and as a single lady, I've never felt like I was in danger. The rooms are nice, clean and the beds have always been comfy. The bathrooms have 2 towels, 1 hand towel, 1 wash cloth and 1 bar of soap. If you need more than that, I'm sure they would be happy to accomodate. I've always been satisfied with the tv programming offered and the wifi worked well the one time I paid to have it. Overall this place is great! I plan on staying here over and over in the future!

One last thing that I only noticed the last time I stayed. Apparently there is a loud speaker over which they will tell people to get out of the pool. I stayed in a room on the back side of the office, near the pool, and when I heard the noise I was a bit nervous. Once I realized what it was, I was fine. In that area, I don't blame the desk staff one bit for not wanting to go confront pool patrons at midnight. This could definitely bother some people, so just a warning.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Carolyn W
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2012

I needed a place to stay for a few weeks while apartment hunting. The young lady at the front desk was friendly and courteous. I got a room key and proceeded to my room. Before I could even make it there, an Indian man appeared out of nowhere obviously coming from a different route. He proceeded to watch me and my 2 teens unpack our car. I returned to the office to see him leering in the back office. I Related the story to the clerk and said im not here from Craigslist, i dont appreciate the stalker and i wanted a refund. She stated he was the manager and could not refund my money. The maids were nice. Weekends are very noisy and the smell of smoke was horrible. Saw some pimps and hookers. I know if I wasnt a Black woman this racist manager wouldnt have spied on me!

• Stayed August 2011
1 Thank Luvvin
Santa Clara, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2010

You just wouldn't expect a Motel 6 to be such a good experience, but the value is hard to beat!!! I highly recommend this location.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled solo
2 Thank Alexontwowheels
Los Angeles, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2010

We stayed for two nights - did not think this was the "safest area" to stay, but affordable. Felt safer as we watched Security calmly eject a bunch of rowdy drunks, then escort a happy but clearly drunk person to his room for the night. The officer did not hesitate to help when we asked if he would escort us to our room. Security is around until 4:00am - makes it safer for the weary traveler. The room on the other hand was subpar even for a motel 6. Musty stale smelling room, old shoddy furniture, and the bedspreads make you wonder how often they are really washed. Would recommend party, drunk folks stay away - this is not the place to party, drink, and do drugs (GOOD!!!). Security is great!!! Not sure I would really recommend for business travelers unless you are just passing thorugh and on a tight budget - cleaner motels exist.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business