“Great Price, Great room, Great Customer Service!”

Motel 6 San Jose Airport
Ranked #58 of 75 Hotels in San Jose
Reviewed September 1, 2013

I booked a room twice at this location & have enjoyed my stay both times! The rooms have been re-done, they look modern & clean! Motel 6 usually has discounts codes online that customers can use when they book a room, I was able to get an extra 10% off on my booking. Together for the price I paid & the new rooms, I couldn't ask for a better deal. This location is located near the freeways & also around the corner from the city train. I also had a great experience with the customer service here! The front desk workers were friendly & welcoming! Also, there was one night I came back late from exploring downtown (I believe it was 1-2 in the morning) and I wanted to take a shower. I wanted a few more towels in my room so I went down to the front desk and there was a guy there happy to help me with anything I needed.

The only small complaint I have is that you have to pay for the internet here, I believe it's 2.99, and the internet kept on coming in & out. I wish it was free, but I can understand why they charge for internet, mostly when you are already getting a good deal on the room.

Overall, I would definitely come back to this motel again.

Room Tip: The Queen size beds are kind of small here. I would recommend if you are traveling with 2 or more pe...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank tr3653

Reviewed July 30, 2013

We were only staying in San Jose for a night (since we were flying out of SJ) and we didnt need anything fancy. I had my 1 year old daughter and husband. The rooms have recently been remodeled, they appear nice.. That is where the glamour ends. There was some funky, shady stuff going on around the hotel- maybe they book their riff raff on one end and travelers on the other? There were a few creepers around, our room smelled like weed and walking passed other rooms they had a weed smell wafting from them as well (with their doors shut!) I dont think i will be coming again..

Room Tip: The one bed room was a decent size, although my inlaws and sister in law got a two bed room and it w...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 San Jose Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2013

Dear Amanda J - Thank you for taking the time to write your review and for sharing your thoughts about our new rooms. We sincerely apologize for the odors you encountered during your stay. We take your feedback very seriously and will take it into consideration as we work to improve our guests' experience with us.

Reviewed July 24, 2013

I had a very enjoyable stay it was only overnight but I was Impresssed with the quick check In and they answered all my questions . I had a problem with vending machine and it was resolved quickly. The room was very clean. They needed to shut off the water for 30 minutes for Maintainance and they called me to inform me. They were very pleasant .i would stay again not the best location but still ok and convenient to store and Denny's McDonald's right across the street. The only thing I would have liked to have had is a coffee maker in foom or lobby. But still had a pleasant stay.

Room Tip: I prefer the rooms in the front 2nd floor less noise . Easy access to restaurant and store.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed May 11, 2013

We've stayed here before. I've seen other reviewers complain about the neighborhood but we didn't have any such problem so we came back.

They have redone rooms (all? some? most?) ours was very nice. Still small but it felt good for a one night stay and then off on the early plane. We didn't use much in the way of service but then, there was no need. We checked in, parked, took our bags to the room and then found an Asian restaurant that we'd seen on an internet search. We returned to the room to settle in, catch up on email and facebook and then sleep.

The room was clean, the bed was fine, the tv was alright but ... when I called for the internet code I was told that I could come back to the office to pay for the use of their internet connection. Really? It was only a few bucks but why the hell is anyone charging piddly money after charging us money for a room? I was reminded of the airplanes that want me to pay to have one of their measly blankets covering my knees in the cabin that they keep so cold. It's just rude. The chain apparently allows them to add this or to choose not to. I know that the renovation had to cost something but I think it'll be paid sooner by good reviews and happy customers than by reaching into our wallets after already having our business.

I filled out a customer survey form afterward and the owner sent a nice note saying that he was sorry that I didn't know to pay for the wifi service when i checked in instead of having to come back after lying in bed but it was the fact of a charge that felt rude to me, not only the inconvenience of being told to come downstairs to get it. There is a huge banner on the building boasting of the fact that they offer Wifi ... it hadn't occurred to me that they were bragging about something that they could sell me. Many years ago places like this boasted about having TVs and today they still sometime mention that they offer HBO but if they do they don't then ask you to pay for this wonderful service.

It cost very little ... the charge for airplane blankets and pillows and leg room and beverages and little sandwiches and bags of chips isn't so much money but it sure takes the smile off your face when you first hear it.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 18, 2012

If you read my reviews there honest.. when I find a place that good I rate it GREAT!! This dump should be shut down.. I arrived there Wed Oct 17th (there were no other rooms in San Jose } I was greeted by a person who could not understand english or speak it well at all.. Finnaly a woman??? help be behind the bullet proff glass and gave me a room.. Now it gets good!!!!!!! The parking lot outside my room had people yelling and swearing most of the night.. As I looked out I saw women?? who were dressed like hookers and shady pimp guys screaming at eachother.. The room had NO SHAMPOO a bar of soap big enought to wash a ant and no hair dryer.. I left at 5 am and went to the Doubletree for coffee til my meeting a 10am.. TO MOTEL 6 TELL TOM TO SHUT THIS S$#T HOLE DOWN!!!!

Room Tip: Dont go here
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank BBMORR
Reviewed July 29, 2012

Better than expected, room was quite large for a Motel 6 (room 202), altho no coffee maker or fridge. already knew to bring our own toiletries, as well as travel size coffee maker. Spreads on beds looked new, carpet was clean, and bathroom had new fixtures. Sheets were clean. A few times it got kind of noisy, but once I got to sleep, nothing woke me up. Sports Lounge/Bar a couple buildings up the street, as well as a Denny's and a 7-11. Next street up had a Holiday Inn, but $10 for a bloody mary made it worse than airport prices. Good thing I wasn't expecting to use the pool, since there were no chairs/tables/lounges in the pool area.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed May 25, 2012

...we had to step outside to yawn. Seriously, tho, I've never had such a small room in all my travels in the US. The queen bed was tight against one wall to make room to squeeze by the TV on the other side to get to the bathroom. The TV faced the side of the bed because there was no room at the foot. No bedside tables--not enough room. No refrigerator, no coffee maker. (Free coffee in the lobby). No closet, just a protruding rack to bump your head on.
You're probably reading this review because you want a cheap room near the airport. Do yourself a favor, check out the EZ-8 Motel just around the corner, for the same price or lower. Click here for their rate calendar and info: into.http://www.ez8motels.com/locations.htm

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple