“Nasty Dirty Rooms”

Extended Stay America - San Jose - Downtown
Ranked #53 of 75 Hotels in San Jose
“Nasty Dirty Rooms”
Reviewed February 11, 2013

I would not ever stay here again the room was dirty. The sheets and pillow cases were never change from the previous guest there was hair on the sheets and the pillow cases had makeup stains. That wasnt the worst part this hotel has Roaches! I found two crawling around my room one on the wall and one on my nightstand.

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank Unis1991
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Jose - Downtown, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
We appreciate you providing feedback about your stay at our hotel. Please accept my most sincere apologies for the issues you experienced during your visit. The staff and I work hard to provide clean and comfortable surroundings for all of our guests to enjoy, which it sounds like we were not able to do for you.

With your comments in hand, I have spoken with all of the staff members and reviewed our companies cleanliness standards. As well, we have updated our procedures to ensure a situation like yours does not happen again.

It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in order to show you our redoubled efforts. Please contact us directly and we will be happy to assist you with making a reservation.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Reviewed January 23, 2013

No breakfast. Maid used to come but never cleaned the garbage neither understood english. Reception was unfriendly and didn't know the address of the hotel itself, which once resulted me in running around N1st street to find the neighbourhood. It was so bad I felt like I owed them my existence for staying in the hotel. Will never put my foot again in the building. Ruined my experience of whole San Jose place . Also, there is only one 7 eleven near by and a dennys, so when hungry you are going to be in a tough situation. Did I tell you that they don't serve any food beside some cookies?

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank anupamsr
Brandy S, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Jose - Downtown, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
We would like to thank you for your recent review of Extended Stay America San Jose Downtown. I am so sorry to hear that your stay was less than satisfactory. It sounds as if we did not communicate our weekly housekeeping schedule with you at check in. For that I am truly sorry. I am also disheartened to hear that the front desk staff was less than helpful. I assure you that we will meet with each one of our staff members to ensure a situation like this does not occur again in the future. Please accept my sincerest apologies that we did not meet the mark for your stay, I would be happy to discuss this further with you at any time. Please don’t hesitate to call the hotel and ask for a member of our Management team. With hospitality the Management at Extended Stay America San Jose Downtown.
Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed December 10, 2012

Please make sure to check your bill after paying the amount as its possible they might have overcharged on your card without your knowledge. And they will say it might be computer issue. Location is average. You will hear train noise all the way.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Brandy S, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Jose - Downtown, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
We would like to thank you for your recent review of Extended Stay America San Jose Downtown. I am dis-heartened to hear that your bill may not have been correct when you departed our hotel. We definitely make every effort to ensure billing accuracy for our guests each and every stay. I am very sorry that this was an issue for you. I am also so sorry to hear that the train was a bit noisy during your stay. We make every effort to be sure each stay for our guests is worry free and pleasant. I do hope that you will give us another chance to win your loyalty. We would love to have you back as our guest at any of our over 680 locations nationwide. With Hospitality, The Management at Extended Stay America San Jose Downtown.
Schaumburg, Illinois, United States
Reviewed December 6, 2012

I stayed here for only one night on a business trips right after Thanksgiving. I was assured rooms would be available for my early arrival (I was at the hotel at 2 p.m.) but still had to wait while the rooms were checked if they were cleaned. This was only one hour before their normal check-in time and was somewhat surprising.

It's an extended stay so amenities are spares, as was expected. I did not get a remolded room and had the pleasure of listening to the light rail go past my first-floor window through the night and early morning. Also, the doors slam VERY loudly.

I appreciated the easy, quick breakfast with fresh fruit and the ample parking.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Brandy S, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Jose - Downtown, responded to this review, December 9, 2012
We would like to thank you for your very candid review of your stay at Extended Stay America Downtown San Jose. I am glad that you had a nice stay but am still disheartened that it was not as perfect as we strive for. Please let me apologize that your room was not quite ready before you checked in. We do have strict standards in place that make sure a manager has checked each and every guest room prior to your arrival to be sure that our cleanliness standards are met for your comfort each stay. I again apologize that this may have taken a bit longer than normal. I also am so sorry that the light rail trains kept you awake. We take all guests concerns to heart and continually look for ways to make your comfort our number one priority. I do hope that you will give us another try should your travels bring you back to our area or that of our over 680 locations nationwide. With our thanks and appreciation, the Management at Extended Stay America San Jose Downtown.
Boise, Idaho
Reviewed November 29, 2012

This hotel is dated and the room we had didn't look remodeled even though the website says newly remodeled. We only stayed one night because we had a flight out the next morning and the hotel is near the airport. We were awakened early in the morning (earlier than we planned) by the fire alarm because somebody was cooking breakfast in their room and opened their door. The grab and go breakfast does not have many nutritional choices and shouldn't be advertised as providing breakfast. If we go back to San Jose, we wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Brandy S, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Jose - Downtown, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experience at Extended Stay America San Jose - Downtown. Providing for your total satisfaction, from the moment you arrive to the moment you depart, is my staff's primary duty. Hearing that we failed in your case is truly disheartening, and for that, I offer you my sincerest apology.

I am glad for the opportunity to respond to you in this forum. Although we do not currently offer a full breakfast, we are pleased to offer an expanded coffee bar, with gourmet brews, hot oatmeal, granola bars and fresh fruit. I do understand that you would have preferred a fuller breakfast bar, and assure you that I will bring your concerns to the attention of our corporate office.

I also am very sorry that you were awakened by a neighboring smoke alarm during your night with us. Let me assure you that your experience is certainly not typical, and that we have put in place measures to ensure that the type of stay you had won't be repeated.

Again, I apologize and promise you that we are committed to your total satisfaction. If there is anything you would like to discuss further with me or our guest relations team, please don't hesitate to contact us by visiting our website and clicking on the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page or calling us here at the hotel directly. I do hope you will give us the honor of having you as a guest again if future travels will bring you into our area. The Management at Extended Stay America San Jose Downtown.
San Diego, California
Reviewed November 10, 2012

This is a basic hotel. The studio suites are bare--a kitchen with few things to cook with. A bathroom with just soap. The free breakfast is a joke. However, that said, it was recently remodeled--the beds are a lot better than before--new and firm. Rooms are quiet, clean, and cheap. Good place to sleep, but not much else. Staff very helpful and friendly.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Property M, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Jose - Downtown, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Thank you so much for your recent review of our Extended Stay America San Jose Downtown. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed our freshly appointed guest rooms with the new Serta bedding and that our staff was friendly and helpful during your stay. However I am so sorry that your entire stay wasn’t totally satisfactory. Our new offer of a Grab and Go breakfast is designed with the busy traveler in mind to allow them to grab a little something to eat and a cup of coffee before heading out for their day. We always encourage our guest’s valuable feedback so that we know what our guest are looking for in a great stay. We will definitely take your comments about our breakfast to heart and use this to continually look for ways to improve our amenities offered to our guests. Thank you again for you nice review and we hope to see you again should your travels bring you back to our area. With Hospitality the Management at Extended Stay San Jose Downtown.
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed August 24, 2012

Stayed here for three weeks in July, this place has been renovated recently so the smell of the paint was still in the room when I checked in, in fact I was lucky to get a room even with advance reservation all their rooms were either occupied or out-of-service.

Being next to the metro rail is definitely advantageous, as long as you get used to the trains and traffic passing by every now and then. The room was a bit compact and lacked planning for a queen size bed but was adequately equipped with basic cutlery, micro stove and the works.

The breakfast is a first of a kind grab and go and I do not say this in a good way, one is better off getting a few supplies from the 7/11 store near the Gish station before moving in.

The second floor where the laundry is has a big dustbin in the lobby which makes the place smell quite a lot.

It is far better than some of the budget hotels in the same line, but leaves you with a sense of wanting something more and therefore creates a very average experience.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms that do not have a window looking out to the 1st street. Grab a few breakfast supplie...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Jose - Downtown, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
We would like to thank you for taking the time to tell us of your experience at our hotel. It is with great pride that we provide clean, comfortable rooms at affordable rates to all our guests, so I was delighted to hear that your stay was satisfactory, however, given the challenges you commented about during your stay, it does equally concern me.

You have the apologies of my entire staff that we were not able to totally satisfy you. I am very glad you brought the dust bin issue in our guest laundry room to our attention, we will be sure to look into an immediate remedy for this as our goal is a "Fresh and clean" impression all day everyday in all areas of our hotel.

Although we do not currently offer a full breakfast, we are pleased to offer an expanded coffee bar, with gourmet brews, bagels and cream cheese, and fresh fruit. I do understand that you would have preferred a fuller breakfast bar, and assure you that we take your feedback very seriously.

Let me assure you that your experience is certainly not typical, again, I apologize and promise you that we are committed to your total satisfaction. If there is anything you would like to discuss further with me or our guest relations team, please don't hesitate to contact us by visiting our website and clicking on the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page or calling us directly at the hotel location you stayed at. I do hope you will give us the honor of having you as a guest again if future travels will bring you into our area.