“Had a good experience with our stay” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hyatt Place San Jose/Downtown

Hyatt Place San Jose/Downtown
Ranked #12 of 76 Hotels in San Jose
Roseville, California
“Had a good experience with our stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2014

We don't have any real complaints. For us, this was the perfect location, the room was inexpensive and clean, if but a bit small. The breakfast is great for the value, had some issues with cold food, but that is what I suppose the microwave is for in the breakfast area... The staff was friendly. Mustafa (I think that is his name) at the bar goes above and beyond to help guests out and deserves some kudos (nice work! Do you ever leave?). $22 for parking is a bit steep for a non-secured parking garage.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Stephen S, General Manager at Hyatt Place San Jose/Downtown, responded to this review, May 22, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your stay and I will make sure to pass this along to Moustafa. We look forward to having you back soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2014

The worst experience ever! Firstly, I did the reservation on booking.com but personnel was not able to find it. Secondly, they do not accept European cards (I have Maestro). I proposed to pay in cash for a full period of stay at check in, instead the personnel proposed to make a deposit of 60$ and pay off at the check out later. Nice deal, though, next day I was woken up by Mike (guy working there) in the evening and treated as a burglar for being in hotel not payed.... Hum, so ridiculous services! I would never ever suggest this hotel. However, the breakfast and staff serving it there were nice.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
I apologize that your stay was anything less than satisfying. Please know that your feedback is extremely important to us and your issues will be addressed.
Seattle, WA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2014

The hotel itself is great. I really like the Hyatt Place brands because they're stylish, comfortable, include a good breakfast and wifi, etc... however this one is located in an area with really no overnight street parking and the garage is expensive. Guess it's to be expected, but it was a large percentage of the rate I paid so plan accordingly.

Service was really great here - I got in at 10 AM and they were able to get a room for me right away even though checkin wasn't until later in the afternoon. I liked the decor and the room had a decent sized couch so felt really spacious considering it's size. The bed and linens were very comfy.

I would stay here again, but factor in the parking costs when looking at prices.

Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for completing a review on our hotel and we are very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. I can understand the frustration that comes with having to pay for parking but I can assure you that our rates are in line with the other downtown area hotels. Please let me know if you plan on staying here again and we can discuss the parking situation for you. Thank you again and have a wonderful day!
Sydney, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2014

We spent four nights at Hyatt Place- well positioned hotel with friendly staff. Parking is easy, with the lot just across from the lobby. Starbucks coffee ($) was great, though it was not part of the free breakfast buffet. However, it is the first time we've ever slept on a creaky hotel bed. The airconditioning is an old wall-mounted monster-of-a-unit which takes a bit of fiddling to get the right temperature going. Bathroom amenities were minimal. Although accomodation here is more affordable than others in the area, we won't be staying here again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank LooseFruit
Thank you for the nice comments regarding our staff! I apologize if you had a hard time sleeping due to the bed. Please feel free to reach out to me if you would like to discuss in more detail. Thank you!
Sacramento, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2014

I must say I LOVE this hotel even though it was for one night's stay. VERY comfortable bed, comfortable couch/living space area, bathroom was very well maintained and one of the very FEW hotels that offer breakfast at 6:00 am compared to other hotels at 6:30 am. Just be prepared for the $22.00 parking fee every night of your stay. I'd say its worth it for all amenities that the hotel offers.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
california
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2014

I guess there are two ways to look at this place … if you are accustomed to Holiday Inn then you will be impressed and happy. If you are accustomed to Hyatt Place then you will be disappointed. I'm a frequent guest at Hyatt Place across the country and will not return to this location.

The bathroom fan has a mind of it's own and was extremely loud when on, which was most of the time. The air condition unit is the old wall mounted type that is too loud to leave on while trying to sleep. The television is large and excellent quality, typical of Hyatt Place, but business travelers will be disappointed with lack of electrical outlets at the work desk (only 2 at the lamp base with one used by the coffee maker). The free internet was frustrating and I ended up needing the hotspot feature on my cell phone. Location is great and staff was nice but I just can't see myself coming back.

I look for Hyatt Place when visiting new towns knowing I can expect a consistent room layout and quality. This place is not worthy of that standard.

Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Springfield, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2014 via mobile

Every single staff member truly cared about your stay and went above and beyond. I can't imagine how great it would be if all hotel staff employees had the amazing attitudes these people do!! Nice value for the business traveler. Neat concept hotel much like a Hilton Garden Inn only in a Hyatt property. Great stay!

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business