“Great and confortable”

Ranked #13 of 75 Hotels in San Jose
San Francisco, California
“Great and confortable”
Reviewed October 29, 2013

Hotel was clean and quiet. It is located close to the convention center, so it is perfect if you are attending a conference. In addition, breakfast was included, which was very convenient. I didn't have time to check the spa or the pool, so I cannot comment on that. It is not the best, buy for the price, I think it is a great option

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Israel
Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

I've stayed at the Hyatt Place during Oct 20-26.
During the stay I was needed for a medical help due to dehydration following a long distance flight from TLV.
From the hotel crew, a lady named Christin and several others, assisted me where needed.

I'd give it 4 stars and not 5 just because a bad Wifi connection provided complimentary by the hotel, but was counting on.

• Stayed October 2013
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed October 26, 2013

As a frequent Hyatt user, I loved the complimentary night on them using my loyalty points. Room was in tip top shape, service and staff were great, breakfast was awesome - only gripe on that was the paper plates and plastic knife and forks come on we are adults.

The main gripe though was $22 for parking, I mean come on... A little pricey for parking. I would of also thought for Platinum and Diamond Members this would of been free, you might want to check that out.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank XathrasManchester
UK
Reviewed October 22, 2013 via mobile

Was booked by work for 10 days so there was no way out!
10 days not only haven't managed to sleep, but we have been waking up with migraines. Beds terribly uncomfortable and cheap, pillows of worst quality heating up, making you feel feverish. We were on 2nd floor next to terrace which hosts the main huge air conditioning units. All night extremely noisy plus the machine vibrations passing through concrete floor feeling it through the pillows. Towels disgusting with boggies and brown stuff from previous guests? Absolutely a stay away place!

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 21, 2013

So this trip was planned some time ago. We were heading from the UK to Santa Monica, then onto Oakland then back to LA then finishing off in San Jose to go to a concert there. We spent a while looking for a hotel that met our requirements and was in walking distance of the gig venue. We booked directly with Hyatt, no outside agency and we booked AND paid a full, non refundable, non-changeable, paid in advance booking. Confirmation was sent to us and and it was stressed to us in BIG RED LETTERS that we couldn't amend this booking. The money was taken from my credit card.
We are not novices when booking hotels, we've travelled all over the world, seriously. Mostly if a hotel is OK we don't review it. If its great we do and if its really bad we do.
So we arrive at check in - really pleasant receptionist struggles to find our booking. Our concerns grew as she advised they were at full capacity that night. Now we should have arrived the night before but got delayed - this happens in travel - flights get changed / cancelled etc. As we had paid in full in advance for the room, directly with Hyatt and we couldn't change the booking as per booking conditions there seemed no concern. Our room was booked and paid for. Now you know where this is heading.
They had cancelled our room and re-sold it. I wasn't happy and a lad that had taken over from the girl went to discuss it with the hotel manager and came back and basically said ' tough luck'
Now to be clear, I wasn't aggressive, I don't get angry or start ranting and raving when things go wrong, i just need answers and solutions. I asked to speak direct with the manager. After a little resistance a man came over dressed like a janitor ( no disrespect intended to Janitors ). His name was Moustafe and instead of introducing himself as the manager and saying something along the lines of ' hey, i'm really sorry for the mix up, lets get something sorted for you guys, can you give me 5 minutes ' or words to that effect, then quickly phoning round his buddies in other hotels to try and find us a room, he simply says "HOW CAN I HELP?"
Wow, you never went to the customer service school did you Moustafe.
His view was that if you don't turn up for the first night, you forfeit the stay EVEN THOUGH YOU'VE PAID FOR THAT ROOM TO SIT EMPTY.
He said policy was to cancel the stay. I suggested maybe a phone call to the customer, or an email ( bearing in mind a few days earlier i'd received a confirmation email from them confirming my NON CHANGEABLE, NON REFUNDABLE, PAIN IN FULL RESERVATION). He said, he couldn't possibly get in touch with guests, that would create far too much work. WHAT????? Seriously?
So my wife and I are stood there, 2 suitcases, 2 carry ons, having arrived by taxi being told that if someone cancels they will call us. THIS IS NOT HELPFUL. What should we do, go sit out on the street in a place we've never been before and hope and pray someone phones to cancel.
Now bear in mind that at this point, the manager of the hotel, didn't even expect to refund any of our money. I wouldn't have expected the night we didn't show, but he thought it was acceptable to not only re-sell our room for the second night, but also to keep our money. ALL $620.00 of it!!
He finally agreed to call a few hotels in the area and found room at the Fairmont round the corner then started explaining how we should walk to get there. Really?
The most arrogant hotel manager i've ever had the displeasure of meeting. So now, when we get back to the UK I need to chase Hyatt for a refund of the second night.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank BrainLinda
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed October 16, 2013

I was pleasantly surprised at this hotel. I like the overall approach with the Hyatt Place brand and this is an improvement from what I've seen in the past.

Very spacious and open lobby area with dining area and bar.

The staff is very friendly and helpful.

The rooms are nice with a nice couch and desk area. The desk has two power outlets on the top which will save some crawling around to find power.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Hacienda Heights, California
Reviewed October 16, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights during my business travel. Nice clean room, friendly staffs with high qualify breafast foods. Best is the parking is free rather than $25 per night at other nearby downtown hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business