Hyatt Place San Jose/Downtown
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
San Jose Marriott(San Jose)
Hotel De Anza(San Jose)
  • Room Service
View Hotel
All reviewsconvention centerfree breakfasttech museumlight railparking feesharks gamebusiness tripconvenient locationcomfortable roomsbusiness hotelgreat customer serviceyogurtsilicon valleyskilletlobbyplugscouch
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 25, 2013

In general I am not very pleased with this hotel. However I never stayed at a Hyatt place before, so I may had a skewed expectations since I have stayed at many upscaled Hyatt. First the girl who picked up the phone here was harsh. Not only once, but multiple times. I am not sure why they always had her pickup the phone. I guess I am used to the cheery & professional voices of the other Hyatt places I’ve stayed at and was not used to this kind of service. However, the rest of the staff was really great and met all the standards of what a Hyatt should be.

The room was ok, seen recently renovated enough, but they have issue with their phone so it was really hard to reach front desk and they attempted multiple times to fix this problem but I don’t think they ever fixed it.

Parking is $13 dollars a night (I don’t really remember). Their laundry facility was broken, but as a Hyatt guest you can use the one at the Hilton across the street, which was kind of inconvenient. When I was there, it was packed with people attending some conference, a modest conference, not a fancy one, but more for like associate students. Overall this place reminded me of Marriott Courtyard. This place is right at the heart of downtown so great location. Also there is a train station that is about 15 minute walk that will take you to San Francisco for $9.

Room Tip: I dont think it matters what view you choose at this hotel, but I chose the one facing the hilton and marriott.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank CloverIsSweet
Reviewed February 19, 2013

We stayed here overnight using our Hyatt Gold Passport points after attending a PINK concert in the nearby HP Pavilion. The staff here was very friendly and helpful in every way, but although you can see Hyatt spent a fair amount of money to refurbish this older Crown Plaza property, it still lacks in common room amenities you find in most other Hyatt brands. The constant sound of airline jets from the nearby airport is quite noticeable from any of the rooms and is hard to ignore. The rooms are simply furnished with adequate bedding, but nothing like a Regency property. There are no safes in the rooms, so you feel the need to take any valuables with you. A fridge is provided, but ours was frosted over and barely cool. A wall cooling/heating unit seems very dated, and caused our windows to steam up and black mold had begun to grow behind the curtains. There is a complimentary breakfast provided in the morning, but although mostly all fresh ingredients are used, it still tastes like cafeteria food. If you would like espresso beverages, they are available at a adjacent coffee bar for an additional cost. Overall, this hotel has a great location to many area attractions, but if you want a little more comfort and luxury you'll need to pay more and stay close by at the Fairmont or Marriott.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 18, 2013

The Hyatt Place San Jose/Downtown is a delightful, modern hotel. It's within walking distance to many restaurants, Civic Center, Convention Center, Tech Museum and even to San Jose State University. They have a nice breakfast, which consisted of scrambled eggs, potatoes, sausage or bacon, biscuits, fruit and assorted cereal. Perfect to start your day. I booked my reservation through the NCVA website via San Jose Housing Bureau. When I arrived at the hotel they did not have my NCVA reservation. But the wonderful front deskman, Jefferey hooked me up with the exact room I needed. THANK YOU JEFFEREY, YOU WERE A LIFESAVER!!!!! Next year, when visiting for the Presidents Day Tournament, I will definitely be coming back to The Hyatt Place, but I will be making my reservations directly through the hotel.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Ditty4
Reviewed February 14, 2013 via mobile

This is an average Hyatt Place but has a good location in the heart of San Jose. The rooms are adequate w a so so exercise room. I would stay again if only for location. Walk up the street two blocks and eat at Original Joes!

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank Experiencedtrav07
Reviewed January 26, 2013

This is a decent but pretty average hotel. It's location is great for business being right downtown and close to a number of silicon valley conventions centers. So I'd recommend it for business travel over family or vacation travel. The rooms are spacious and clean. The beds are ok but nothing to write home about. Make sure you have extra pillows. The WiFi, although free, is terrible both in the rooms and in the meeting halls so don't plan on a reliable fast connection being provided by the hotel if that's an important component of your travel plans. The staff are extremely helpful and the breakfast is GREAT! Plan on having breakfast at the hotel and you won't be disappointed. The TV's are nice and have great quality. The rooms are up-to-date and well kept. The showers have plenty of water pressure and adjustable heads. They even provide toothpaste in the rooms which I have never seen before. Temperature controls are all digital and take a minute to get used to but actually work great. All in all this is a good place to stay for the value for silicon valley business travelers.

Room Tip: There is a daily $21.00 charge for parking and it's added by to the bill by default.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business