“Staff was amazing!”

Hyatt Place San Jose/Downtown
Ranked #11 of 75 Hotels in San Jose
Reviewed November 5, 2012

The staff at the Hyatt Regency Hotel was amazing. They were so accomidating of my less common needs, including shipping a few items to a co-worker, serving a slightly late breakfast, providing directions and even getting me and a co-worker a board and marker for a meeting we were having in the lobby. Jeffrey especially was very helpful! I will stay here again next time I come into San Jose!

1  Thank Jessica D
Tasha S, Director of Sales at Hyatt Place San Jose/Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2012

Dear Jessica,

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We are glad that you had an enjoyable stay. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Catherine

Reviewed October 30, 2012

I love this hotel!
The room rates are good, the free breakfast is excellent.
The rooms are good sized, with comfortable beds and very clean.
And, the staff is very attentive and friendly.
Great location in downtown San Jose.
Close to the light rail and other places that are within walking distance of the hotel.
Will definitely be back again.

1  Thank palmspr_flyer

Hello,

Catherine

Reviewed October 21, 2012

Great hotel and the staff was excellent! I travel a lot for work and stayed at many Hyatt brand hotels, but this hotel specifically really impressed me. Everyone was really attentive and friendly. And a special thanks to Erin who always greeted me with a smile from the second I walked in to check in, during breakfast, when she came up with a new key so I wouldn't have to go downstairs or whenever she saw me. Erin was very helpful with setting up my transportation, recommending where to eat and anything else I needed helped. She even remembered that I need a Mountain Dew every morning! And the customer service she provided for me, she did for everyone I saw her encounter with which shows that she's not only great at her job, but she loves it.

The free breakfast and wifi are bonuses. Traveling as much as I do, the little things count and feeling warm and welcome is always nice. I will definitely come back when I am in San Jose again and will recommend to my colleagues.

1  Thank BusinessMan32
Tasha S, Director of Sales at Hyatt Place San Jose/Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2012

Tasha Silva

Reviewed October 17, 2012

We stayed at the Hyatt for an event our company was running. The food was excellent and very well priced. Staff at the desk were very friendly and happy to help. Great atmosphere around the place.

Rooms were well presented and well kept. The facilities are clean and modern. I would recommend staying here on business or for pleasure.

Special mention to both Jose and Norberto. Great guys and extremely helpful members of staff. Always on hand to help out and assisted me with anything I needed. Efficient and always friendly - they made my life much easier! I'll definitely be encouraging my office to return next year.

1  Thank David M

Sheets: crisp
Towels: ok
Bed: firm
Breakfast: free, lotsa variety

We stayed here one night so that I could attend the Madonna concert. Here are some things you should know:

This hotel is in the direct flight path of landing jets. It will be noisy. While you are close to restaurants, museums, and the convention center- the parking is ridiculously expensive.
Our room was located on the 7th floor and on the convention center side. Keep your drapes closed, the building gets blasted by morning heat and will warm up the room and flood it with light. We liked the spaciousness of the room but the furniture was worn and scratched up. The bathroom is small but clean.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank melobeam
Reviewed October 12, 2012

The Hyatt is a nice hotel located within walking distance of HP Arena. We stayed there to attend a concert. We were pleased there were many restaurants within a 5 minute walk. The hotel was clean, safe with a nice free breakfast. The only thing lacking, which is minor, they didn’t have a hotel store and no stores nearby like Wal-Green, 7-11 nearby. Overall, a good experience. I would stay there again without hesistation.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Terry M
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Hi all,

This was a business trip and I stayed for a week. The staff was friendly. The room was nice. The air conditioning was loud which was good because it helped to drown out the noise from the street. Nice large flat screen TV and fridge. No pool...staff advised me I could use the one at the Hilton across the street. Which I actually did use but that pool is a glorified bath tub...smallest pool I've ever seen at a hotel.

You could order food from your room but had to pick it up at the bar. I don't know where it was actually prepared. The food was okay.

The WiFi worked well and I was able to print from my laptop to the business center printer at no charge. However, when I had a question the staff was not up to date on how it worked.

What bothered me was the room was advertised at one price but when you added in the parking fees and various taxes it was around $30 more per night.

One nice thing was the location in reference to the downtown area. Easy walking distance to many restaurants, the tech museum, and convention center.

The breakfast was okay but when they say it will end at ten am they are not kidding. My wife and son stayed the night on Friday. At Saturday breakfast they arrived just at Ten. The staff said goodmorning to them as they sat down. My wife headed towards the plates and the breakfast workers started picking up the food around her!

Overall, I was somewhat disappointed at the overall hotel and experience.

Room Tip: Don't take a room on the W. San Carlos St. Side of the hotel. The traffic and train noise will...