“Great Service”

Hyatt Place San Jose/Downtown
Ranked #14 of 75 Hotels in San Jose
Reviewed May 31, 2011

I attended a Workforce Development Conference, the staff at the Crowne Plaza provide me with a great deal of service, very friendly and helpful staff on every detail. I will look forward to book another stay at this hotel on my next visit to San Jose.

Reviewed May 31, 2011

I was automatically assigned to this hotel by my managers at Fanime 2011. It is a very nice hotel, and the staff is excellent. The room was spacious and quiet. I will definitely choose this hotel again in the future!

Room Tip: Reserve your room early!
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 30, 2011

We stay here every year for the Fanime convention. I think it's the best. I've stayed at two other hotels, but have been the most pleased with the Crowne Plaza. The staff is genuinely friendly and willing to go above and beyond to make sure your wishes are fulfilled. Allison (sp?) was a joy and a doll. She made sure all our needs were met and so efficiently. Thanks for making our stay so great....We'll be back next year.

Reviewed May 29, 2011

I am not one to put up with bad service but on the other hand I will tip well when the service is exceptional. So far I have felt obligated to tip in the breakfast buffet (a place that usually does not demand a tip) Two times. Renato is such a great server I wonder why he is working at a breakfast buffet. He could make 10 times as much as a waiter in a high priced dinner establishment. Then he told me he has a couple of young kids and it dawned on me that this man values the quality of his life and puts the time with his family before money. Shanna the other server was very enthusiastic and in general the staff had a great time working while providing great service. The maids also went way out of their way to be social and make us feel at home. I never tip maids but this time I have because they act like they do not just have a job and go out of their way to treat us like family.
I am a manager and take my hat off to the manager of the hotel to have fostered the development of such a cheerful and friendly team.

Room Tip: With the team above no help is needed. Just ask
Reviewed May 26, 2011

Never met a group of front desk personnel better than Jeffrey, Tony and Lily and of course headed by their Manager, Ms. Gabi. Not only that these group know their jobs but you could feel they love it too. Where can you a group of people with ready smile when you are talking with them and this is late in the afternoon?

Keep up the good work guys and God bless you all!

Reviewed May 26, 2011

I spend half of my year on the road so I see the full gamut of hotels. I must say that my experience with Tony Jr, the night manager/supervisor during my most recent stay impressed me. His ability to address concerns and multitask while looking me in the eye and instilling confidence was something I felt the need to take time out and recognize here. In particular, my laptop backpack was picked up in the lobby by someone else and Tony tracked the person down and recovered it with the cash, laptop, etc. fully intact. It took twelve hours but just prior to my purchasing a replacement, he called with the good news. You can imagine the relief.
As far as the hotel goes, the location is within easy walking distance to everything from San Jose State U to excellent dining choices to movie theaters to a full range of "watering holes". It is also shares a street with the local commuter train and bus line. You may want to request a room on the opposite side of that street if you are going to bed early. It is significantly noiser on that side of the hotel. There is a nice workout room with a dry sauna that is super nice to warm up in before your hitting the treadmill or bike. Both a universal gym and dumb bells are available. HBO in the workout room is nice. I didn't try the food as I am partial to Peggy Sue's burgers one block away. High Speed internet that is actually high speed is a big item for me as well. Thanks Tony, I'll be back!

Room Tip: Request opposite side from street
Reviewed May 24, 2011

This hotel has very noisy bathroom fans which run all night.
I called to ask how to turn it off, and was told "that's just the way it is".
Didn't sleep a wink.
The hotel knows they have a problem, but they just don't care

Room Tip: find another hotel
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
IHGCare, IHGCare at Hyatt Place San Jose/Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2011

Dear dgwright99,

Thank you for your review regarding your experience. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to bring this matter to our attention and apologize for any inconvenience the noisy fan may have caused you. We strive to exceed our guests’ expectations and create memorable experiences. We take all feedback seriously, and sincerely regret that we did not meet your expectations.

Once again, we appreciate you taking the time to share your comments with us. We have sent you a private message to obtain additional details about your experience.

Katie Jolley