“DON'T STAY HERE”

Ranked #12 of 75 Hotels in San Jose
San Diego, CA
“DON'T STAY HERE”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2011

This hotel has very noisy bathroom fans which run all night.
I called to ask how to turn it off, and was told "that's just the way it is".
Didn't sleep a wink.
The hotel knows they have a problem, but they just don't care

Room Tip: find another hotel
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
IHGCare, IHGCare at Hyatt Place San Jose/Downtown, responded to this review, June 15, 2011
Dear dgwright99,

Thank you for your review regarding your experience. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to bring this matter to our attention and apologize for any inconvenience the noisy fan may have caused you. We strive to exceed our guests’ expectations and create memorable experiences. We take all feedback seriously, and sincerely regret that we did not meet your expectations.

Once again, we appreciate you taking the time to share your comments with us. We have sent you a private message to obtain additional details about your experience.

Katie Jolley
Case Manager
IHG Care

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
San Jose, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2011

I recently attended an NAACP banquet at the Crown Plaza hotel. The food was delicious and our server, Jeffrey, was the best! Thank you Jeffrey for your wonderful service and thank you Crown Plaza hotel for the lovely accomodations, great food and charming atmosphere!!!

San Jose, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2011

Describe the service you experienced - Super
Tell us how you liked the room - Clean and enjoyable
Talk about the location & amenities - Awesome
Say what you liked best - The excellent customer service rendered by a staff member named Jeffrey Latep

Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2011

Even though the hotel was sold out, the front desk treated me like I was their only guest. They greeted me by name each time I passed the front desk even though I was only there one night. They offered to assist me with transportation and internet without asking for help. They were so kind and made me feel like a VIP. Great stay and special thanks to Mario at the front desk.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2011

Very nice modern decor restaurant was excellent. Rooms very clean & comfortable.

• Stayed May 2011
Los Angles, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2011

I am really impressed with this hotel. The location is within 2 miles from the airport. The decor is contemporary. Both the bar and dining area was comfortable. But most importantly, the customer service was excellent. Huy, at the front desk, bent over backwards to be accommodating. He helped me get the best price for my room. He answered all my questions about the local sites, and he was just plain nice. Renato in dining was great, too.

The next time I visit San Jose, I'll definitely stay at the Crowne Plaza.

Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Newport, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2011

I travel to the US from the UK every month, so I've stayed in my fair share of hotels. I stay at the Crowne Plaza whenever I'm in San Jose.

The location is great. Walking distance to a bunch of good restaurants and bars, and a $2 bus ride to Valley Fair Mall.

The staff are great. The rooms are as you would expect in a 4 star hotel. Clean and spacious and comfortable.

Breakfast is OK. The bar serves dinner. It's usually pretty quiet in there, and the quality of the food is not great, but it's ok for a beer and a sandwich. With so many good restaurants nearby, that's no real hardship.

Over all a great stay (this time was 7 nights), and I'll keep coming back.

• Stayed May 2011