“Perfect San Jose Airport Hotel”

Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott San Jose Airport
Ranked #22 of 75 Hotels in San Jose
Homewood
“Perfect San Jose Airport Hotel”
Reviewed November 13, 2009

This is the hotel where I will stay on my next visit to San Jose. The front desk was friendly from the start and very helpful upon my arrival. The shuttle drivers were polite and safe drivers. The room was spacious, clean and SO QUIET! I really couldn't believe how quiet it was, as I don't know that I've stayed in a quiet hotel in a while--or ever. The hotel wasn't crowded when I was there, so that was part of the reason for the quiet room, but I did have someone next door to me from whom I never heard a sound. I stayed in a room at the back of the property, which faces an office building. Thus, the workers had returned home for the night, contributing to the tranquility. The room included a refrigerator and microwave, which were clean and convenient. The proximity to the San Jose Airport was ideal. I dropped off my rental car the night before my departure from San Jose, and the hotel front desk gave me the number to call to have the shuttle pick me up from the airport. This was quick and FREE! The shuttle also dropped me off at the airport the next morning (5:30 a.m.). This hotel shares a parking lot with a few restaurants, including a Chipotle and a Starbucks, so I was able to easily and safely walk across the lot to grab a bite to eat. The hotel is close to the interstate and other major roads, so it's easy to quickly get where you need to go. I highly recommend this hotel to any business traveler who is just traveling through San Jose or who may stay a little while.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
ca baby
Reviewed October 23, 2009

This hotel has become a favorite of mine in the area. The staff is friendly and helpful, they offer a free breakfast, free internet (works well), free parking, spacious rooms, a mini fridge in the room, and the exercise equipment in their fitness room is always working. There is a Starbucks, Red Brick Pizza, and a Subway right in front of the hotel. The airport and freeways are close. I've stayed at other hotels in the surrounding areas and this hotel offers great value because of the free amenities.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
Lancaster, OH
Reviewed October 11, 2009

My husband and I spent a week traveling California and stayed in a wide variety of places. Of every place we stayed, this hotel offered a clean, comfortable atmosphere, wonderful beds & rooms, amazing breakfast facility (included in pricing) and many of the amenities that had been offered at hotels that charged triple what we paid to stay here. We will definitely stay here the next time we are in San Jose. The front desk even printed our boarding passes since the business center is closed on weekends. Everyone was very friendly and efficient.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
houston, texas
Reviewed August 16, 2009

This hotel was outstanding value considering the quality of the room and its proximity (< 1 mile) from San Jose Airport. There are a few dining options in the same complex as the hotel and parking is free. The room was excellent and included two queen beds, a fridge, and a private balcony. The continental breakfast was decent and included hot waffles, bacon / eggs that could be warmed in the microwave. There was lots of seating space in the breakfast area (which is fairly uncommon). Overall, this is perfect lodging for those who fly into San Jose and want to spend one or more days in the area.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank pkenkare
Queensland
Reviewed August 16, 2009

Staff were so charming and professional. We just arrived from a VERY long flight from Australia and all we wanted to do was get to our room and take a nap. The staff check us in fast, we could park the car (free) right outside the room, and the comfy bed was simply heaven. Only downside was that the AC was noisy, but not enough to stop us from sleeping. Rooms are comfortable, decent size, but still fairly basic. Excellent for the price. If you just want a comfortable, clean room and don't care about views or plush decore, then this is the place for you. Nice and close to the airport too.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Loz0378
Murrieta, California
Reviewed August 11, 2009

The positives: Can't beat this price ($57/night) for this quality. Centrally located to everything. Hotel staff is helpful and prompt. Breakfast is plentiful, from hard boiled eggs/cereal,fresh fruit/yogurt to breakfast sandwiches and pastries. Nice grounds and fast food close by.

Negatives: Small bathroom, one has to twist around to reach toilet tissue. No lobby PC or WI-Fi for one's use in the lobby... If you didn't bring your laptop you are out of luck. If you did there is wi-fi free in your room...which is a good thing. I didn't bring mine and wish I had.
One big complaint is the noisy wall-type air conditioning.. they also get too cold and you have to turn it off. A ceiling fan would have been preferable. It got stuffy with it off. Upstairs we cracked a window instead of running the air, but then you could hear the traffic. They do yard work early in the morning, with blowers and mowers...Monday A.M. is trash pickup so if the window is open it will wake you.

Inside corridors is a plus...however ask for a top level... lower level rooms are noisy. (we had 3 in our group who complained of noise above.) We originally had a first floor room in a building of 2 stories. It sounded like they were bowling up above us. We asked for a top floor room and were promptly switched. There are elevators so it is not like you have to climb stairs with bulky luggage.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Irvine, CA
Reviewed August 2, 2009

Property was originally designed as an apartment complex with large rooms which all have small outdoor porches and sliding glass doors. In the center of the property is a nice pool and lawn and landscaping. Great for sitting on the porch after a long day of visiting silicon valley tech companies, and unwinding with a cold drink and pleasant view of simple but well-kept flower gardens. I was impressed with the work-out room, was very large and had good equipment. There is also a large laundry room. The property is in walking distance of several restaurants. This property is a bit more expensive than your average Fairfield, but it's location and amenaties are worth the premium. Book early, as in the past I have had to stay elsewhere due to it's popularity.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled on business