I've probably stayed at this place a dozen to fifteen times this year. I wouldn't expect a parade welcoming me when I walk through the door, but some sort of acknowledgement would be nice. That only occasionally happens here... not very often. I arrived at 1:30PM. Having flown across the country, I wearily asked if I could check in. Without even asking for my name or checking her computer or making a call to housekeeping, the immediate response from the trainee at the desk was that check-in was at 3:00. I asked if that meant no rooms were ready. I persisted, knowing that I have checked in as early as 9:30 many times. She agreed to look up my reservation and then said that my room was not ready yet and she called housekeeping. We were then waiting for a while for housekeeping to call back, and she asked me to take a seat. I asked if there were another room, as I really just wanted to check in and couldn't imagine there were no rooms available. And then, like that, my room was ready.
The hotel is in a great location, convenient to the freeways and downtown. The breakfast room staff is very friendly and attentive; if you stick with the boxed cereal, it's fine. The rooms are a little tired. I find that hallway noise carries into the room easily here. Because the hotel shares a parking lot with popular lunchtime spots, the parking lot is crazy for a couple of hours midday. On my last night, I requested a wake-up call that I never got. Fortunately I had set my phone alarm as back-up. I'll keep staying here because the weekend price is good, but this time my arrival and departure left a bad taste in my mouth.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rates include a complimentary breakfast buffet featuring fresh Belgian waffles, hot items and an assortment of healthy and hearty options. We offer free wireless & wired high speed internet access, self-parking and airport shuttle service. Each room contains a mini-refrigerator, microwave, coffee-maker, large safe and balcony or patio access. Access is provided to our outdoor heated pool & Jacuzzi, exercise room, 24 hour business center & corner market. We are located on the same lot as Starbucks, Wong Kok Hawaiian & Chinese Cuisine, Pho Viet (open late), Chipotle, Subway and New York Pizza & Dogs. Within walking distance is M8trix Casino/Zone 8 Sports bar and the Metro Airport Light Rail Station where you can catch a ride to Levi’s Stadium, SAP Center, San Jose McEnery Convention Center, CA’s Great America and MORE! Whether your business in San Jose is work or pleasure, we are your perfect choice. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Marriott, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Fairfield Inn & Suites San Jose Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairfield Inn And Suites San Jose Airport
- Fairfield Inn & Suites San Jose Airport Hotel San Jose
- Fairfield Inn San Jose
- Fairfield San Jose
- San Jose Fairfield Inn