Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriot San Jose Airport
Ranked #25 of 75 Hotels in San Jose
“Nice place”
Reviewed September 17, 2011

No complaints. Nice room, Reasonable rate, we enjoyed the pool nd hot tub. Close to restrurants and the airport.

• Stayed September 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Stockton, California
Reviewed September 7, 2011

I had reservations at another local hotel and when checking I found not only did they charge for parking but also for internet usage. Most would think as a Government worker I wouldn’t care but I do. I called and found Fairfield Inn by Marriott was not even closer but also included free parking and internet. I canceled the other reservation and called the Fairfield Inn and was greeted with very pleasant and accommodating staff. The Hotel offers free shuttles to the airport for those who fly in.
I checked in and went to my room to find it very clean and with a Large LCD television which was another plus. The rooms are quiet and being only there one night I didn’t take advantage of their pool or other amenities. I would highly recommend this Hotel when staying in San Jose.

Room Tip: I stayed on the Eastside. Big quiet building facing makeing it a quiet night.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed September 6, 2011

Large rooms, free internet, complimentary continental breakfast, adjacent to Chipotle and Starbucks, next to light rail and bus service to airport

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank hunteast
San Francisco, California
Reviewed August 27, 2011

This is a no-frills hotel. OK for a night or 2 but I wouldn't recommend it for a longer stay. The room was large, and noise was not an issue. The soap/shampoo are not very good quality, and the towels were super thin -- really more like bath sheets. The safe in my room didn't work, and that would've irked me if I stayed there for than just 1 night.

When I checked in, the desk clerk gave me a bag and said: "Here's your complimentary gift for being a Marriott elite member." The bag contained a bottled of water and bag of peanuts. I thought that was pretty funny. Kind of a sign of our economic times.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank GoingPlaces3000
Murrieta, CA
Reviewed August 17, 2011

I stayed at this hotel for three nights because I was visiting relatives in the area. It was clean, attractive and conveniently located. There were a few small restaurants across the parking lot which was nice and also close to other businesses. An airport shuttle was provided at short notice; the airport is only about 5 minutes away. The room had a small refrigerator and microwave which I really appreciated because I like to have snacks for the evenings and something for breakfast. I usually don't get downstairs early enough for the continental breakfast consequently I can't comment on what was offered to eat.

The mattress was not very comfortable but the hotel was very quiet (I didn't hear any jets flying in or out of the airport) so there was no noise to bother me. There are 3 buildings and I requested a room facing the courtyard/pool area, of which they provided me. Otherwise my room would've faced the parking lot. When I checked out on Sunday, there was only one staff member at the desk so it took a while to check out; they should have had at least two people.

Overall, I was very pleased with this Fairfield Inn and would stay here again if I am in the area to visit my family.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank litsusie
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed August 10, 2011

We stayed in this hotel as our son has lived in San Jose and said it was a nice safe area
and we could just use it as a base to explore the bay area and do day trips to San Francisco etc. We found it a very good location wise and less expensive than Hotels in San Francisco, It is tucked away behind a few restaurants, but we could just walk over and pick up subway which was handy. The rooms are quite large and the pool and garden area are lovely. I would recommend it to any Australians driving in the US. Also close to San Jose airport for flights to other cities in the US.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Austin, Texas
Reviewed July 6, 2011

Not the best Fairfield Inn i've stayed in, but not the worst either. Very close to the airport and it beats commuting from Livermore. Clean rooms, good breakfast, good wireless Internet. I stayed on the first floor and the room had a musty smell. Previously I stayed on the second floor on the same side and there was no odor. Hotel is rather old, but still clean. Walking distance to Subway, Starbucks, Chipolte.

• Stayed June 2011