“Ok, but got what i paid for!”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Elan

Hotel Elan
Ranked #56 of 75 Hotels in San Jose
Snyder, Texas
“Ok, but got what i paid for!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2014

I found this place after booking airfare. Beware: it looked far better pic wise than what is was, not a boutique hotel. the location was great for us(we had a car) but most people staying here walked to the convention center. about 1 mile. $76 nightly as opposed to $100 plus parking so that was my mantra! old but somewhere to sleep. small breakfast but there was breads/cereals/coffee. the 'never going back' clincher for me: homeless people hung around the front lawn area. 1 morning my hubs saw 1 eating breakfast & the man told the clerk, I have money in the bank so will be staying another night. so cheap, a place to sleep but the homeless also stay there. heads up!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank trackerem

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Union City, New Jersey
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2014

First: BED BUGS - After my first night I woke up with a few bug bites and thought it could be a mosquito or something... Second night I woke up with bites all over my body, eyes, forehead, neck, back, arms, fingers, literally all over. I had never seen bed bugs before nor experienced anything so aggressive... I started itching and little blisters appeared on each bug bite...

I went to the front desk and asked them if they ever had any guests complaining about bed bugs... The response was: "We hear things, but we never saw anything..." Then I asked the person at the counter to take a good look at my body and asked them if they were able to see that now???

They moved me from room 453 to room 448.... I am sorry, I might not be following... Doesn't that just carry the bugs over now that I have all my clothes exposed to this monster insect? I switched rooms but I got more bites... I tried for 4 days to speak to a manager and the manager was never there. I attended the event looking like I had chicken pox, I felt contagious... What if this "thing" is hiding somewhere and just spreads to more people at the conference? I had plans to stay with a friend after the event for 2 days, had to get another hotel and an additional expense because I didn't want to bring their bug infestation to someone else's home.

I don't even know how I am going to do to go home... How can I go home??? I called the Pest Control Health Department, filed a report, they already had a report from previous months... If anyone has experienced this unfortunate event, please do something! Call and file a complaint at 408-918-4770, think of the children staying there... I am an adult and I fell off balance with this, felt uncomfortable, felt contagious in public while attending a conference... Can you imagine the itching discomfort I am feeling if now we are talking about a little kid?

If you see something I just ask you to please, DO SOMETHING... And based on my review and several others about this hotel, I am sure you can find a better place for the same price range to stay... If you read the other Hotel reviews, you will notice I am not the first one to suffer.

**************************************************­*************************************

Second: CUSTOMER SERVICE - I arrived early and even though they had rooms available they declined to check me in a bit earlier if I didn't pay a $10 fine. I had to work so I stayed at their lobby working on my computer until I was finally able to check in. A Spanish speaking guest arrived and asked the manager about his reservation and instead of trying to understand, she just replied with a bit of an attitude: "I don't speak Spanish". When I heard that, I approached and offered the gentleman to help him as I did understand and even if I didn't I would still try to help.

Third: BREAKFAST - Breakfast is included and has a set times to be served ending at 10 am. I came to the breakfast serving area (aka lobby) at 8 am and there was nothing... I asked about the times to serve breakfast and the person behind the counter said, oh, we ran out of stuff... If you are in the hotel business and there is a 5,000 plus people conference going on in town YOU SHOULD BE PREPARED!!!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
5 Thank crisrepoles

Travelers are raving about these San Jose hotels

Saint Cloud, Minnesota
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2014 via mobile

Found the Elan had a room when no one else did...the price makes this place tolerable. The Elan has decorations including carpet,tv's,dressers and wallpaper from the 70s ...but in saying that....was very clean for what they had to work with...it was quiet...comfortable and clean....would stay again..

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Niagara Falls
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2014

We booked this hotel through Hotwire the morning of our afternoon arrival. We were touring California and this was our last night in the state. We wanted a downtown San Jose hotel but that's not what we got. This grim motel was situated in a sinister neighbourhood, more than a mile from downtown, amongst repo yards and low income housing. There was a car with shaded windows, the occupant revving the engine while road crew workers pulled in to the parking lot. The room was dark and dated and the inside of the door was marked as if it was previously broken in upon. Nothing about this place seemed right and my husband and daughter and I agreed that it was too sketchy a place for us to stay the night. We were refused our money back but at no price were we going to stay and worry about our safety. When we called Hotwire to complain about the state and condition of the hotel, they called the hotel who refused to allow us a refund as it was against their cancellation policy. Do not go here if you want a downtown San Jose hotel with security features because it has neither.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank NFcycler
Houston, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2014

This is worst ever and their service is really bad. I was their one of loyal customer since last three yrs and each time after booking one bed room they used to give me double bed room and they be nice when it comes to their fault when you ask for your room they will say they gave to some one imagine Also, they will disconnect the wifi from office and say its our laptops does not working and all but all time when you go in office its their router and they do not want to connect back also, when their room AC is not working they will say yah let me change your room and all stuff again and again but when you do ask coz room is not good, they will say we will charge you for room change fees which they never did in past their new workers are really bad and worst so bad behaved. They lost their loyal customer.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank sursonu12
Desert Hot Springs, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2013

Set in a lower-middle income, mixed residential/commercial neighborhood on a busy thoroughfare. Some airport noise. No nearby amenities. No ice machine. No flat screen TV. Coffee maker in the room did not work but was quickly replaced. Either we had noisy neighbors or sound just carries easily in the building.

The room itself was adequate, indifferently furnished, clean. The bed was pleasantly firm. Cold breakfast OK, served in the lobby with no tables.

Room Tip: Take your choice of street noise in the front or airport noise in the back.