“Worst Hotel ever”
Review of Hotel Elan

Hotel Elan
Ranked #57 of 75 Hotels in San Jose
Reviewed March 21, 2014

This is worst ever and their service is really bad. I was their one of loyal customer since last three yrs and each time after booking one bed room they used to give me double bed room and they be nice when it comes to their fault when you ask for your room they will say they gave to some one imagine Also, they will disconnect the wifi from office and say its our laptops does not working and all but all time when you go in office its their router and they do not want to connect back also, when their room AC is not working they will say yah let me change your room and all stuff again and again but when you do ask coz room is not good, they will say we will charge you for room change fees which they never did in past their new workers are really bad and worst so bad behaved. They lost their loyal customer.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank sursonu12

Reviewed August 1, 2013

Set in a lower-middle income, mixed residential/commercial neighborhood on a busy thoroughfare. Some airport noise. No nearby amenities. No ice machine. No flat screen TV. Coffee maker in the room did not work but was quickly replaced. Either we had noisy neighbors or sound just carries easily in the building.

The room itself was adequate, indifferently furnished, clean. The bed was pleasantly firm. Cold breakfast OK, served in the lobby with no tables.

Room Tip: Take your choice of street noise in the front or airport noise in the back.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Ron S
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Somewhat mediocre place... clean but not very inviting. Very cheap owners. Ice maker temporarily broken and the owners were too cheap to buy a couple of bags of ice so that customers would have ice. Instead, they used the ice maker in the refrigerator in the office that made very little ice, so there was very little ice for customers. Breakfast was not very good and they only had seating for two people. Near noisy airport.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank GTMickey
Reviewed March 12, 2013

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Irene S
Reviewed February 24, 2013

My wife and I wound up at the Hotel Elan in San Jose because we waited too long to book a reservation in Palo Alto. When we first pulled up the very friendly security guard met us at our car. I thought oh-no what did we get ourselfs into. The neighborhood was so-so, but the Motel was great. freshly renovated, clean and great people working there. At night my wife got a kick at the hookers and druggies walking up and down the street. She said I can't believe they wear such revealing clothes in this cold weather. The place is completely fenced in though and we felt very safe staying there. We met the morning guard and the late shift guard and they both did an excellent job of making us feel at ease there. The hotel was pet friendly though and that's what is important to us. They only charged us $20.00 on top of the $74.00 room rate plus tax of course. We thought it was a great bargin...well worth the money. the continental breakfast was great too. Everything we wanted and then some. We would stay here again in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: Get an upstairs room facing the street. The views are better.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 8, 2012

$89+tax was a good price (especially for downtown San Jose) for this particular stay. It wasn't for vacation or business. We went to a concert that was over late. Rather than drive a distance I decided to stay close to the venue. This little hotel (motel) was clean, rather spartan, and was fine for an 11pm - 8am sleep over. Shower was clean. It was quiet. Exterior was clean and neat. Two small complaints: stuffy smell when first entering room - after there a while, it seemed to subside; and the twist on/off button was missing from one of the bedside lamps so I couldn't use it. Other than that, all was fine. I was stay overnight there again but wouldn't recommend it if you wanted a "nice" room for extended stay.

Room Tip: Look for a AAA (the auto services company) rating.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed October 12, 2012

I had book one room in sep 2 week before we went there. I call them and told them i am going to be late. When I reach there front desk lady said I have not book the room. After I show the confermation number and all the paper. After taking 45 to 50 minutes and lots of talking finally she gave me the room. Never trust them what they say. Next morning I had to attend the wedding. I could not think what I should do. The room she gave me it was very bad and it was late rooms carpet was damp and lots of stain and smelling realy bad. In morning continental breakfast was bad they had old begal and all the other things were very old fruit was bad too crusant was smelling bad it had funny. I just trashed all that. and next day they did not even maid the bed. when my daughter went to them and ask them about that front desk lady said they do not make the bed unless you ask them night before. I have never heard that you have to adkthem to get bed done. I will never ask anyone to stay there. I have never seen sucha terrible place. so please do not even think to stay at that place. one more thing they saythey give free internet but it never work.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family