“CREEPY!” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #63 of 75 Hotels in San Jose
Aurora, Colorado
“CREEPY!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2013

We arrived at this Hotel around 6 pm. The staff was unfriendly the room was dark the furniture was chipped and discoloded the room was dirty. The room was missing the coffee pot, towels and wash cloths it took them 45 minutes to bring us these items. We did not have breakfast there but I noticeded a sign on the breakfast area that no coffee or food could be removed from the area otherwise there would be a $10.00 charge person. The room was so creepy that we left at 11 pm. It has been the worse room we have ever stayed at!

Room Tip: Don't go there!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Rosie R

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here with our family. Nice staff, very polite. The rooms were ok, but could be a little more updated. Fridge worked ok also the microwave. Breakfast is not what European expect. Bread is more bakery, nice with a cup of coffee at 10 o'clock but not at 8:30! Also no tea-bags, we bought them ourselves... The rooms are also not sounfproof and some neighbours seem to live at night! But overall we had a nice time here.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank kennedysgoes
Las Vegas, Nevada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

I flew into San Jose Airport late in the evening and was looking for a place to flop, planning to get up early the next morning to rent a car and be on my way. I saw on their listing that they did have a shuttle which was great because I didn't want to pay for a car that evening just to drive to the hotel. When I arrived at the airport, I called the hotel and was informed "no shuttle...take a taxi...it's close." So I took a taxi. Taxis at SJ airport apparently start with $15 on the meter for the first three miles (I wanted to clarify this with the driver and specifically if the hotel was within 3 miles and the driver starts getting defensive and arguing with me about the policy. I just wanted to know the distance to the hotel). Luckily, the hotel was within three miles so the meter did not run past $15. Get to the hotel and ask for a quiet room. I asked about the shuttle and was informed there was "no shuttle." The place is structured like a Best Western, but the room was fairly large and it had a microwave and refrigerator in it. Furniture matched, but was old and a lamp did not work. Wifi was very weak and couldn't find an available socket to plug in my computer (all sockets were used up...some with extensions...fire hazard?). Room was fairly clean but needed renovation and smelled like a hospital, so I keep the air conditioner running all evening. Seems like the room was quiet, but the I had the white noise from the air conditioner running. I noticed my room was in the inside of the hotel, but one side faced the light rails and another faced an active construction site. I got up early, skipped the breakfast and checked out. I asked the clerk if they had a shuttle to the airport. She said "yes" there is a paid shuttle to the airport but that it was not running that day. she would be happy to call me a cab for which I could pay with a voucher purchased from the hotel for $13. I did this. So with tip and all, I spent an additional $30 on transportation to and from the hotel, which I could have put toward a nice hotel with free shuttle. Felt nickel and dimed all the way. Hotel shuttle policy is at best unclear and confusing, and at worse purposely deceptive. Beware!

Room Tip: If you want a quiet and odor free room, may have to run the fan or air conditioner all evening.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank D L

Travelers are raving about these San Jose hotels

Santa Cruz, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013

We stayed here for their park and fly. That was fantastic. Our flight left before their shuttle so they sent a taxi free of charge for us. Our car was fine when we returned. The desk clerk was friendly and helpful. The room itself was in pretty bad shape, but we were only going to be sleeping for a few hours so we hung in there. I used earplugs so I can't comment on the noise. The courtesy bus was on time to pick us up on our return - they were expecting our call and we were already on their schedule.

Room Tip: Upstairs is probably quieter
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Evelyn V
Tucson, Arizona
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2013

I took a small group on a trip and stayed at the Caravelle Inn 1 night before and 1 night after our visit to Hawaii. It was convenient to the airport and included parking when you paid the higher rate.
First of all, the hotel is old, the staff not helpful, the manager Tim uncooperative, the breakfast not maintained well, and one of the rooms was in the middle of a remodel due to damages. They still rented us this room, even though the smoke detector was covered with a plastic bag, there were patches on every wall (probably from holes made by guests), the repairs were all unpainted, the hair dryer had been ripped off the wall and not replaced, and the hot water did not work in the shower.
I had posted pictures to TripAdvisor with my review several months ago but Tim promised he would pay me my travel agent commission and give me a certificate for a one night stay (to compensate me for the horrible room they charged me full price for) if I removed the posting. Well, it took four months of faxes, emails and phone calls to receive the commission from the date of our stay and he changed his mind about the hotel certificate (after I had removed my posting, of course).
This is not a hotel I would recommend to anyone. This is my experience, and I hope you can make an informed decision with the information I have provided. We will all experience good and bad situations in travel over our lifetime. I hope you never have to have this one.

Room Tip: Pick a different hotel.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Poseidon100
Carson City
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2013

I was reluctant to stay at this hotel because of the reviews I read. However, I was pleasantly surprised by the friendly service at the desk, a nice room (older but clean), and I felt very safe there. We left our car for 25 days and came back to find it in perfect shape and had not been tampered with at all. Courtesy Bus to airport was on time and for the return home, we received a taxi which the hotel paid for completely. Overall, it was a good stay for the price.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank FrequentFlyer09
Kingsburg, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2012

The room was clean ill them that, there was construction happening right across the street so it was very loud in the morning, & there's a trolley/Bart train thing right in the middle of the street & goes by ringing its loud bell till 2 in the morning so we didn't really get to sleep like we wanted & we were on vacation. The lights in our room kept going off so there was a shortage or something wrong with the wiring & when we told the front desk they didn't really seem to bothered by it.
There was a $60 dollar charge to hold the room it took 3 days to have them put it back when the front desk said it would go in right away. I would not go back ;(

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple